Technic Launcher keeps closing!

Macro206's Avatar Macro2068/28/12 4:12 pm
9/29/2012 1:19 pm
Macro206's Avatar Macro206
I have downloaded Technic Launcher and was trying to get it to work on a Mac. I choose my "mod pack" and then login. It downloads everything and then while checking for updates it goes white and closes. I even tried with "Vanilla" selected and it still does this.

Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
Java Version: 1.7.0_05
Technic Launcher Version: Latest
MAX OS X Version: 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Any help appreciated! Thanks.
Macro206
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/29/2012 1:19 pm
Macro206
Somebody asked me how to change Java version...

I know how to do that on Mac:

Open Java Preferences by going to your Applications folder ("/Applications") and into the Utilities folder within ("/Applications/Utilities"); Java Preferences can be found there by default (therefore unless you moved it). [Or you could just use spotlight search...]
Java 6 should come with the Mac. Therefore un-tick the box with Java 7 and make sure that the box(es) with Java 6 are ticked.
Now it should work!

If you have a Windows, then just look up "How to change Java version" on Google (or another search engine) and I'm sure you'll find a solution!

Oh and be sure to re-enable Java 7 if you use other applications that may require it...

Hope it helped!
08/30/2012 3:45 am
Macro206
FIXED!!! I just needed to use Java 6 instead of Java 7. Thanks anyways!
08/29/2012 2:54 am
Macro206
Unfortunately I re-downloaded it several times (including the .jar version) and it's the same. But thanks anyways!
08/28/2012 4:27 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
iheartbellatrix
My friend runs on a Mac and had the same problem. He said that he fixed it by deleting/moving the Technic Launcher to the Trash and re-downloading it. It works fine since then and we play Tekkit all the time together. I did the same thing and I run on PC, and it works just fine now!

I hope this helped! If it didn't, I don't know what to tell you, but I recommend consulting the official Technic forum/wiki for any more help.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome