Is there way to flatten a 1.8 skin or convert it to 1.7?

Shogun_Okami's Avatar Shogun_Okami7/29/17 9:02 pm
8/4/2017 9:59 am
Shogun_Okami's Avatar Shogun_Okami
I really liked this Eagle Kachina skin (https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/ea ... na-dancer/) and this Captain Cutler (https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/go ... in-cutler/) one is another one I really liked but not as much as the kachina one.

I like to play some older maps and I hate how I have to change skin everytime I play Minecraft version 1.3-1.7.10 especially if I played a 1.8 one and went to 1.3-1.7.8 and forced with layerless skin and have to wait an hour for skin change, is there any way to flatten a skin or convert it to 1.7.
Shogun_Okami
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2017 9:59 am
Shogun_Okami
I managed to find help on the comments to the MCSkin3D (https://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/mcskin3d/) page, I selected the stamp and choose the biggest size, then copy the bodywear piece by piece and pasting it onto the skin, erasing the bodywear and any asymmetrical limb(s), saving the skin when I'm doing that and converting it to minimal, Drzzter didn't tell me about the stamper but he seemed to be completely right besides that.
07/30/2017 4:07 pm
Shogun_Okami
How do I copy the armor layer on the skin?
07/30/2017 3:54 pm
Shogun_Okami
1.8 also added an update where you can have unmatching limbs? I didn't believe you about that until I noticed that all pre-1.8 skins always have matching limbs I never even noticed that until now, thanks and I'll try that program you recommended me.
07/30/2017 2:30 pm
Shogun_Okami
Also, can you flatten this I'm also starting to like this one too,
(https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/be ... r-3211479/)? I still wasn't happy with the skin I'm wearing, so I decided to wear that for now and I liked it as well, but then the there's a chest layer for the tail.
07/30/2017 12:15 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
Not sure if this is what you meant, having a little trouble understanding what your request is exactly. This is the 'Eagle Kachina' skin with the armor layer added to the bottom layer, and swapped to 1.7, hence why the legs are the same.

If that is indeed what you wanted, I can message you with a link to the download. Keep in mind the skin still belongs to Althestane, as the colors, shading, and design are all still his. Don't re-upload it.
07/30/2017 1:35 pm
Shogun_Okami
In 1.8 it adds body layer and pre-1.7 doesn't support that, so I wanted the body layer flattened to the body so it shows in 1.7 and when I go in a pre-1.7 world it removes the body layer making it looking stupid, see if you click on the diamond helmet on the page, viewing the skin it removes the body layer that's how it looks ingame for pre-1.8 worlds except head layer is kept of course.

About the image, the left leg is the only one with the red design check the skin and back seems fine. Yes, that does look like what I want if the body layer is completely flattened and if the leg is fixed. Message me the download. Also, can you do the same to the Captain Cutler, I may want to use that I don't know and how did you flatten the body layer of the skin?
07/30/2017 2:42 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly, but I believe having unique designs on each limb was added in the same update as having the jacket layers. Unless you want both legs to be white, or both legs to have the red design, I don't think there's much I can do for you there.

As for how I did it, I used this program. https://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/mcskin3d/

Basically, once installed, you can upload a skin into the program and get a 2D and a 3D view of the skin. From there you can work on it a bit more easily than you would with paint.net or other image editors.

At the top of the window there's a few buttons you can click to enable/disable the armor layer.

Using those buttons you can copy the design on the armor layer to the bottom layer, effectively 'combining' them. Once you've done this, you can take the eraser tool and erase everything on the armor layer (excluding the head, since you can still have that in 1.7).

Once erased, you can go to this button here.

Click it, and set the model to 'Steve (minimal)'.

That will change the model to the 1.7 format, making it compatible for use in older versions. If you've copied the layers and everything correctly you should be all set at this point. Drag and drop the skin out of the program to whatever folder you want and upload it to your MC account.
07/31/2017 6:19 pm
Shogun_Okami
I tried this method, but I have no clue what you're saying, it comes to me as very enigmatic and I still can't figure it out. I see the armor layer buttons, but how do I copy the layer and combine them? I would like to do this, I really would.
07/30/2017 9:56 am
Shogun_Okami
Someone on Reddit told me I should copy and paste the extra layer and crop it, but how do I even move the layer plus what if I apply it slightly crooked and triggers my little bit of OCD. It looks easier uploading a pre-1.8 skin with a 1.8 skin, shows that I can put the layer on top, you know because the pre-.1.8 skin is having the same template as a 1.8 skin, but how do I apply that perfectly. I haven't got any further comments from him, because I got that 8 hours ago and I woke like an hour ago.
07/29/2017 10:33 pm
Level 41 : Master Engineer
LukeAsArts
If you can download the raw picture you could just change the size of the canvas and delete the extra bits left over. simple
07/30/2017 9:44 am
Shogun_Okami
Change the canvas and delete extra bits? Wouldn't that just remove the layer?
07/29/2017 9:36 pm
Shogun_Okami
This SkinConverter program (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... o-1-8-skin) only manged to remove the 1.8 layer, but not flatten it, I found one on Reddit but the download file is gone so it's no use at all. I've already checked Nova Skin for a few minutes and Googled how to convert skins, but to no avail other than the two mishap with the converters.
07/29/2017 9:16 pm
Level 45 : Master Procrastinator
mincerafter42
As far as I remember, novaskin.me will convert a 1.8+ skin to a 1.7 skin when imported. This might have changed, though. I have no idea.
07/29/2017 9:20 pm
Shogun_Okami
Where would the 1.8 to 1.7 converter be?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome