Is this computer good enough for Gaming?

Fetch me's Avatar Fetch me9/30/13 3:41 pm
10/1/2013 1:06 pm
MemerRedeemer's Avatar MemerRedeemer
Hey, Just watched a video on youtube and he recommended this. He says it can play bf3 on "max" settings. Is that true?

And is this computer worth the money, beacuse Im thinking of buying part by part from the website. So I can finally get a good gaming computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1zVnE
Fetch me
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/01/2013 12:16 pm
Level 40 : Master Nerd
Rawstrus
Oh you guys just stfu about that disgrace of an OS windows 8.. Either get win7 or ubuntu..
10/01/2013 12:27 pm
Fetch me
thanks, btw what do you think I should do with my parent problem? :S
10/01/2013 12:10 pm
Fetch me
.... don't make a windows 7 vs 8 war, please. Who cares, both are good.
10/01/2013 12:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
Pragmatic
iMinecrafter
Fetch me
iMinecrafterAll these people complaining about Windows 8 are extremely close minded and ignorant. Windows 8 has increased performance of systems, by no means very much, but it has still improved. I have upgraded to Windows 8 just a few weeks ago and it's the best decision. I don't have a third party start menu either. Windows Key + Q is the quick way to open the program search.
Set your desktop icon on the Metro menu to the first slot and press enter when you login, and bam you're on your desktop.

Windows 8 looks cleaner, runs just as well, if not better than Windows 7, and is going to be supported longer than Windows 7. Please tell me why you would purchase Windows 7 over it.

/rant

well alright, but It's still not my build. I found it from a youtuber. And it seems good.
I will still get windows 7..

What reasons are making you choose Windows 7 over Windows 8? Just because the YouTuber uses it? Why not buy Windows 8 which is just as cheap, and performs better? It has DirectX 11.1 and soon to have 11.2 which are both exclusive to Windows 8.
This could improve either performance, graphics, or both.

Actually there is partial support on windows 7 for DirectX 11.1 so it is not exclusive to windows 8 and you can get windows 7 for cheaper than windows 8 so really the only valid reason you have put is that it performs better which I cannot check as I have never used windows 8.

-I got most of my information from the windows website apart from the price of windows 7 which I got from ebuyer
10/01/2013 11:26 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
SoyMonkey
just do the one you have listed it seems really good for the price conisdering an alienware costs twice that and probably gets around the same performance maybe a lil better i say go for this one XD
10/01/2013 11:47 am
Fetch me
thanks,I think so to.

Could you help a bro out? What do you think I should do with this?

Btw, I got 250 euro on my bank account and I got a xbox. I could sell my xbox and then afford the computer. What do you think I should do? Also It took along time to convince my parents to let me buy the xbox beacuse I had a wii, and I wanted a xbox. (lol) And now I want to switch to pc x) (My money, but you know parents). So Idk how they will accept it..
10/01/2013 10:48 am
Fetch me
whats the cheapest and best gaming pc I could make? Really don't need to play bf3 on ultra but I want to play it on atleast high and without lag. Could I make a cheaper gaming pc? Then 500 usd.

¨/Please, I got some money atm. Want to buy the parts as fast as possible when I've picked the best one.
10/01/2013 10:32 am
Fetch me
whats the cheapest and best gaming pc I could make? Really don't need to play bf3 on ultra but I want to play it on atleast high and without lag. Could I make a cheaper gaming pc? Then 500 usd.
10/01/2013 9:19 am
Fetch me
please?
09/30/2013 4:38 pm
Fetch me
please, need help
09/30/2013 4:19 pm
Fetch me
Btw, I got 250 euro on my bank account and I got a xbox. I could sell my xbox and then afford the computer. What do you think I should do? Also It took along time to convince my parents to let me buy the xbox. So Idk how they will accept it..
09/30/2013 4:19 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Miner
Province
Fetch me
Just like windows 7 more. Simple

Fair enough, why should I be trying to make you switch? Guess nobody likes to take advice though.
09/30/2013 4:11 pm
Fetch me
iMinecrafter
Fetch me
iMinecrafterAll these people complaining about Windows 8 are extremely close minded and ignorant. Windows 8 has increased performance of systems, by no means very much, but it has still improved. I have upgraded to Windows 8 just a few weeks ago and it's the best decision. I don't have a third party start menu either. Windows Key + Q is the quick way to open the program search.
Set your desktop icon on the Metro menu to the first slot and press enter when you login, and bam you're on your desktop.

Windows 8 looks cleaner, runs just as well, if not better than Windows 7, and is going to be supported longer than Windows 7. Please tell me why you would purchase Windows 7 over it.

/rant

well alright, but It's still not my build. I found it from a youtuber. And it seems good.

What reasons are making you choose Windows 7 over Windows 8? Just because the YouTuber uses it? Why not buy Windows 8 which is just as cheap, and performs better? It has DirectX 11.1 and soon to have 11.2 which are both exclusive to Windows 8.

Just like windows 7 more. Simple
09/30/2013 4:10 pm
Province
Fetch me

/rant

09/30/2013 4:06 pm
Fetch me

/rant

09/30/2013 4:05 pm
Province
All these people complaining about Windows 8 are extremely close minded and ignorant. Windows 8 has increased performance of systems, by no means very much, but it has still improved. I have upgraded to Windows 8 just a few weeks ago and it's the best decision. I don't have a third party start menu either. Windows Key + Q is the quick way to open the program search.

Windows 8 looks cleaner, runs just as well, if not better than Windows 7 (keep in mind I was running no aero effects and on the Windows Classic theme on Windows 7, now am on the default aero enabled Windows 8 theme), and is going to be supported longer than Windows 7. Please tell me why you would purchase Windows 7 over it.

/rant
09/30/2013 3:57 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
AnteJao
I don't like Windows 8 either. I had a really hard time looking for a computer with WIndows 7 pre-installed, but it was worth it!

And oh yes, that PC should defenitvely handle Battlefield 3.

May I also recommend ARMA and Battlefield 2 with Project Reality mod? Look them up, they are great for PC gaming, in my opinion.
09/30/2013 4:00 pm
Fetch me
Alright, thanks for all help. I never knew that such a cheap computer could run bf3..
My friend bought a computer in the store for 800 euro and he can't play bf3 on max settings without lag. :S
09/30/2013 3:54 pm
Level 24 : Expert Taco
tacotj
I would NOT get windows 8. i think it just went all downhill with that update. But other wise the computer is well worth the money!
09/30/2013 3:57 pm
Fetch me
thanks and please don't talk about windows 8. It's not my page, It's the page from the youtuber that had put it all up.
09/30/2013 3:49 pm
Level 1 : New Caveman
cobilt
Yea, I agree with fetch Me.My friend has some problems with Java and Minecraft on windows 8.
09/30/2013 3:53 pm
Fetch me
Well, Im not the biggest minecraft fan I would play bf3 / black ops 2 / gta 5 and all the new and hot games
09/30/2013 3:44 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
Looks pretty good to me. With that graphics card, BF3 ought not give you too many problems. Just don't forget to buy a copy of Windows (You'll probably need 7, since most copies of 8 right now are upgrades, meaning you need an older version of Windows already installed).
09/30/2013 3:45 pm
Fetch me
yeah, I wouldn't buy windows 8, hate it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome