Thoughts on new Forums

LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder8/13/17 8:00 pm
8/22/2017 1:33 pm
Springstof's Avatar Springstof
This is just a thread for saying what you think about the new forums. I think it's great and all, but I have one main complaint. I don't like the new layout. I liked before where all the replies are the same format as the op, because then it feels like a discussion, while in the new forums the replies are smaller, making them feel like comments, not like part of a discussion. Really that's my main complaint with it, though I also wish thee was still a your posts section, because that was really useful for finding threads you replied to. However I really like the new emeralds and gaining xp from the forums, thats a great feature.
LightlySaltedBuilder
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2017 10:36 am
Level 76 : Legendary Creator
Springstof
I'm pretty glad with it. I used to be unable to even log in to the forums because of some glitch, and I never felt the urge to figure out what it was. Now it just works, which is great. The layout is also very inviting in my opinion. It does look like a commenting system instead of a discussion, but that makes for an interesting dynamic I guess.
08/22/2017 11:07 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
If it's the glitch I am thinking of, it's possible what you had was being able to log into the main site, but not the forum, which could be fixed by logging out of the main site and logging back into the forum.

As for the commenting system look, I don't like it at all, personally. Less interesting so much as trying to look special in a place where it's not necessary to reinvent the forum wheel.
08/22/2017 1:33 pm
Level 76 : Legendary Creator
Springstof
That was the glitch yes. Never looked into it. I never really cared for it. Now it suddenly works, so that's nice.
08/21/2017 11:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
Well, Villagers love it!
XD
08/16/2017 11:44 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
Minecraftstuff1
Agreed
08/13/2017 8:04 pmhistory
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
I'm very displeased with the overall lay out of "Topics". Navigating the Forums beforehand was extremely easy via the "Here's all the forums, and here's all the threads in that forum" route. I don't come to the forums to see a hot feed, I come to the forums for a single section.

New layout is catered more towards a social media style, when the older version imo felt like it was better laid out for an informational/categorization style. Perhaps this newer one will influence more people to post in places they usually wouldn't have, but it detracts from the experience for older users. just wanting to check the Community Challenges board in a glimpse or two. *

But I digress, this is a site I rarely visit anymore. If what's new is good for new people, let them have their fun too.
08/18/2017 4:43 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
08/22/2017 8:50 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I'd be far more impressed with the layout if that was the default splash screen for planetminecraft.com/forums as compared to the blob of threads that appear.
08/18/2017 7:20 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
You'd be right. Any way to make that the default screen when I come to the Forums?
08/13/2017 8:14 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they chose this layout because that's the way reddit has it's layout.
08/18/2017 3:37 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Imposter
QUENTOPOLIS1
I can verify that the layout is inspired by reddit.

Source: Paril said as much.
08/21/2017 11:35 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
I like Reddit, so I'm fine with the change.
File:Log Date 7 15 2 278.png
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome