forum Forumsplay_arrow PMC fiber_manual_record Discussion

Thoughts on the new infraction system

1 emerald24 replies672 views
created 06/09/2013 11:39 pm by Pangamma2
last reply 06/10/2013 2:25 pm
Read the entire post before commenting. I put an hour into writing it. Take the time to read the entire post before callously writing a reply.

I wasn't given a warning on my most recent 24 hour ban. Probably due to the new system put into place just recently. The server I advertised wasn't an actual server where I would want a lot of people to go to. It's a plugin testing server and I needed help testing a plugin I was currently developing. Was looking for feedback. It's fine though. I accept a 24 hour ban. It's very harsh for only linking to a server twice, but I will accept it.

In the past I've also seen my other content removed from PMC as well. I had a video compilation showcasing ~217 builds made on a server. That was removed for containing a poorly made pixel art of a girl in scantily clad clothing in the distance of one of the images.

I also uploaded a plugin to the mods section that would help server owners encourage their users to vote more often. This was also removed. Removed for not having a detailed enough description. not disabled, removed. The description I did have was erased. The plugin was incredibly simple though. I could have put the code on one page and made it open source. I described in one paragraph everything that the plugin did.

Lately it seems like more and more of my submissions are being removed without warning. I've been receiving infractions when trying to contribute (I guess my contributions aren't worth much). Do I have a target on my back? According to the new infractions system, I do. I enjoy using the website, but I'm beginning to think it isn't a good place to upload to anymore. I'm worried my submissions will be callously removed. I don't see myself lasting much longer under this new system. I'm going to be permanently banned pretty soon at the rate I'm gathering infractions. I'm just stating my vexation with the new system right now. I realize you are trying to improve the system. Please be open to what a user has to say about it. You need more chaos planning. You need a way for site moderators to disable submissions without removing them. Be able to disable a submission until a user fixes whatever is wrong with it. I'm still put off by the numerous contribution rejections I've been receiving lately, but I will get over it. Until then I ask that you take what I've said into consideration.

Thank You.
Posted by avatar
Pangamma2
Level 54 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter

24 replies

06/10/2013 2:25 pm
Level 32 Artisan Network
Oni__
I agree with Carol on this front, people didn't stop breaking rules because of a ban, the perma an system is a good idea. In most respects, if you're a good boy and don't get warnings you should have no issues, let's be honest if your posting a video and not checking thoroughly first to see if it breaks any rules you can't complain when it's taken down. A maturity filter? On a website for a game made entirely of blocks? No, that's unesecary the one place I can see any legitimate use for it is in the blogs section.

People may say the mods are unfair in removing submissions but they are completely fair, I think I've personally received two infractions, both for letting a swear word slip through into my posts, something that I try not to let happen. Once on chat. Once on forums, both would now get me 24 your bans from the sections. The mods infact fairly, remove fairly and ban fairly don't think your being targeted.
06/10/2013 2:08 pm
Level 69 High Grandmaster Button Pusher
the_soup
Really, we shouldn't have to have any sort of maturity content filter on PMC. DeviantArt is an art site, and nudity in art is fairly well established. Minecraft, on the other hand, is a computer game used by mainly younger people, so we as a site don't really condone the sharing of inappropriate Minecraft content or see why someone would make it in the first place. If there was a great need by our userbase to have some sort of content filter then we might consider implementing one, but the vast majority of people I've talked to actually appreciate that this is a PG-13 site, and that they don't have to worry about seeing inappropriate things here.
06/10/2013 10:25 am
Level 52 Grandmaster Narwhal
mommaCarole
Some people are obviously questioning the new system of moderating. Although the explanation is in the thread, let me rephrase it for you.

People are not taking warnings seriously. "Har har, I have 16 forum warnings." When the warnings come with a 24 hour ban, people sit up and take notice. Why the immediate escalation? Because people were saying "har har, I'll take my week's ban and break the same rules again."

You think PMC has a problem with younger users? I think PMC actually has a serious problem with people who ignore and blatently disregard the rules. The rules are actually put in place to protect YOUR submissions from thievery and copying, and to keep the submission quality high. Yes, I agree, I wish we could allow "mature" themed submissions. I'm over the age of 21 myself. However, reality states that this game is played by everyone from ages 4+, and we want to encourage young players as well.

I'd love to respond with a longer rant about why it was necessary to take this route, but unfortunately I'm short on time. Suffice it to say, firstly, if your items are being removed it's generally because someone is flagging them (not a staff member.) If you think you are being targetted, there IS a likelihood that someone has it in for you and is flagging your items specificially. However, if they didn't break any rules, they would also not be removed... soooooo... yeah.
06/10/2013 9:46 am
Level 17 Journeyman Miner
Longusername
Yup I agree I got banned for posting server on main hall while the mod can just redirect me and my thread were removed and when I posted a new thread complaining about it I got banned for two day while I didn't do anything or break any rules and the reason of the ban was hating on mods while I didn't hate on anybody I mean am quitting Pmc because of this I can't take any more bans
06/10/2013 10:13 am
Level 26 Expert Scribe
_DioM_
Complaing about a mod's ruling is in itself against the rules.

If you'd like to dispute, you can (politely) PM the mod in question.
06/10/2013 7:18 am
Level 82 Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Pangamma: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/votetoedit-plugin/
It was disabled. It was a mistake that it was deleted, and we have fixed that.

It is standard that we disable things that require changes, and this should have been no exception. Human error is all, not PMC's fault.

-P
06/10/2013 7:14 am
Level 3 Apprentice Warrior
MinecraftIsASport
All I can say is, move to the forums. The community is mostly over 12 years old, and they don't remove stuff for unfair reasons.
06/10/2013 6:58 am
Level 16 Journeyman Artist
Lightning97
@Diom

But is it really PMC's fault if Little Johnny does this and gets caught? If the "can't change your age or birthdate" thing is in place, Parents should know about it and that the site does take precautions to avoid it and that it's the kid's issue for lying in the first place, Not PMC. If parents are too lazy to actually look into a site's system of doing things, It's not the site's fault.
06/10/2013 9:14 am
Level 26 Expert Scribe
_DioM_
Regardless of who's fault it is, this still happens.

Parents really can't know everything their kids do online-- they as well have a life (and a job, certainly), and are unable to go through the router's backlog of some thousand pages per day.
06/10/2013 1:12 am
Level 26 Expert Scribe
_DioM_
"Lightning97"
"_DioM_"
"Pangamma2"Wait. Why don't we just allow people to put age restrictions on PMC submissions? Can we do that? It would fix a lot of issues, seriously.

People (especially younger kids) rarely give their real age to forms and such.

Aside from that, a kid with a dirty mind might purposefully edit their 'age' to see such content. And what will Mother think when she comes home to see Jimmy looking at that sort of thing on Planet Minecraft?

Then you don't allow already created accounts to edit their age or birth date and limit one account per IP. It's not hard to do and it's rather simple in all honesty.

The one account per ip limit is already in place. The only problem? One's IP changes when your router is restarted. So..

Aside from that, who says a user is going to give their correct age in the first place?
06/10/2013 1:10 am
Level 25 Expert Crafter
Neptonic
"_DioM_"
"Pangamma2"Wait. Why don't we just allow people to put age restrictions on PMC submissions? Can we do that? It would fix a lot of issues, seriously.

Aside from that, a kid with a dirty mind might purposefully edit their 'age' to see such content. And what will Mother think when she comes home to see Jimmy looking at that sort of thing on Planet Minecraft?

I'm older, but I still do this. Seriously, half the good Gmod trolling videos on Youtube have been flagged! That's why Google thinks I was born in 1946.
06/10/2013 1:02 am
Level 16 Journeyman Artist
Lightning97
"_DioM_"

Then you don't allow already created accounts to edit their age or birth date and limit one account per IP. It's not hard to do and it's rather simple in all honesty.
06/10/2013 12:51 am
Level 26 Expert Scribe
_DioM_

06/10/2013 12:48 am
Level 54 Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Pangamma2
Wait. Why don't we just allow people to put age restrictions on PMC submissions? Can we do that? It would fix a lot of issues, seriously.

Really. If I had the option to flag my own posts as PG-14 (or PG-18), I would do it on the posts deemed inappropriate.
06/10/2013 1:06 am
Level 5 Apprentice Explorer
Chris4Hawks
This is the Internet. Unfortunately, some people just don't care about the rules that have been put in place for their own benefit. If there was a viable way to restrict inappropriate content for mature audiences and keep little kids out of websites meant for teenagers and adults, we would not have the annoying squealing kids on YouTube who make jokes about genitalia on their videos of playing on a server while actively breaking the server's rules (like using nodus).
06/10/2013 12:58 am
Level 5 Apprentice Explorer
-R A W R-
It's a website about minecraft, things for minecraft, things about minecraft, etc. Why would you need to post something that's over PG-13?
06/10/2013 12:31 am
the_soup
Try deviantart. It gives you the option to post mature content, then the site restricts who can see that content to those who are 18+.
06/10/2013 12:33 am
Pangamma2
Good plan. Thanks for the suggestion.
06/10/2013 12:28 am
Pangamma2
"the_soup"
The first is a picture that you put through a program to create a piece of in-game pixel art.

To put it on record, I admitted to doing so for that piece.Also I think it was an image of a chick.

"the_soup"
The second thing which was removed was a piece of pixel art depicting girls. One of those girls is wearing a very small, revealing bikini. Two others appear to be wearing nothing at all besides socks.
NO PROFANITY/ADULT CONTENT

Maybe that's the one that was the chick. Perhaps youtube is the way to go for uploading these creations... fewer content restrictions. Seriously. I'm looking for a new site to post to right now. Let me know if you know of one.

"the_soup" All content must be PG-13.

I'm PG-21...

"the_soup"
Finally, you posted a submission that included no relevant images relating to it.

So then disable the post. We need a way to disable posts until changes are made. Removal processes set you back when trying to make minor improvements to submissions like server mods.

"the_soup"
So, to answer your question: no, you are not being targeted. All of your removed submissions were breaking the rules and the mods who removed them acted according to the rules which we post. In the future, please try to follow the rules more closely and you will not have your things removed. Thanks.

Good to hear. I will try to do that.

"Greytopher"
Now, to quote rule 9: "You may advertise but only once every 15 minutes..." It doesn't matter if it's a plugin server, or something that you need help with, if it's an IP that you're posting for people to come on, and you do it either A) in the Lobby, or B) within the 15 minute rule, then it will result in an infraction.

Before the most recent enforcements I would notice a natural (and comfortable) rate of advertisement being once every 10 or 8 minutes. If someone posts more than this amount, their posts are reported. Otherwise, people don't seem to mind. I speak from my own experience watching other people advertising servers.

"Greytopher"
If you have a problem with a moderators decision, try to PM that moderator about what happened and try to solve the issue.

Already done. I figured I would repost most of what I said in the PM to a public place such as the forum to open up more of a public dialogue.

Long story short/tl;dr
I need to find a new website to post my submissions to.
06/10/2013 12:06 am
Level 45 Master Princess
Whoever01
"Greytopher"Same goes with moderators deleting your post; as far as I know, when a moderator removes/disables a post, a comment/PM is sent to that person by the moderator who removed it explaining why it was removed. If you can't figure that out for some odd reason (for it could be a site glitch that didn't allow you to see that), PMing a site moderator or a Super Site Moderator can fix that issue.

Yes. You get something like this

Removed Submission: Reason: Spam. Please do not upload blogs in which have a single repeated letter/symbol to reach the 350 word limit.
<Submission Rules Here>

-Who
06/10/2013 12:04 am
the_soup
We do not have to warn people who have read the rules and made steps to follow them.

You have three submissions which were removed, and each were clearly covered under the rules.

The first is a picture that you put through a program to create a piece of in-game pixel art.
The one major rule:

Only upload content you created 100% yourself, from scratch.

Note: using programs to generate content for you does not make the content yours.

submission-guidelines-updated-november-24th-2012-t40929.html

The second thing which was removed was a piece of pixel art depicting girls. One of those girls is wearing a very small, revealing bikini. Two others appear to be wearing nothing at all besides socks.

NO PROFANITY/ADULT CONTENT

Absolutely no profanity, nudity, or explicit sexual references are allowed on this board. All content must be PG-13.

site-forum-rules-guidelines-t1040.html

Finally, you posted a submission that included no relevant images relating to it.

General Submission Rules:

You must include in-game pictures for all servers, projects, texture packs and mods.

submission-guidelines-updated-november-24th-2012-t40929.html

So, to answer your question: no, you are not being targeted. All of your removed submissions were breaking the rules and the mods who removed them acted according to the rules which we post. In the future, please try to follow the rules more closely and you will not have your things removed. Thanks.
06/09/2013 11:58 pm
Level 55 Grandmaster Pig
Greytopher
Currently, there have been no 'new and official' sets of rules put into place for the chat. All the rules on top of the chat room have been the same, but the ones that Carole added yesterday are to, more or less, re-enforce the rules that were already in place, for people who have misunderstood the chat ban reasons/lengths.

Now, to quote rule 9: "You may advertise but only once every 15 minutes..." It doesn't matter if it's a plugin server, or something that you need help with, if it's an IP that you're posting for people to come on, and you do it either A) in the Lobby, or B) within the 15 minute rule, then it will result in an infraction.

A certain number of infractions (3) will ban you for a day. Depending in the severity of what you did to earn an infraction, they are usually placed by the 1's.

If you have a problem with a moderators decision, try to PM that moderator about what happened and try to solve the issue. It could of been our fault for all we know (since we are humans, we make human mistakes).

Same goes with moderators deleting your post; as far as I know, when a moderator removes/disables a post, a comment/PM is sent to that person by the moderator who removed it explaining why it was removed. If you can't figure that out for some odd reason (for it could be a site glitch that didn't allow you to see that), PMing a site moderator or a Super Site Moderator can fix that issue.
06/09/2013 11:46 pm
Pangamma2
I used the word twice. Are you referring to the usage near the top, or the usage near the bottom?
06/09/2013 11:45 pm
Level 24 Expert Cake
D33S
you might want to change that callously, into carelessly...

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome