Very basic question about the PMC Community

JustJuju's Avatar JustJuju3/13/19 4:33 pm
2 emeralds 285 9
3/14/2019 8:19 pm
JustJuju's Avatar JustJuju
Hello. New here. Ive been looking for servers to play that are only older adults, basically that have more mature people. I find some I’m interested in but I can’t figure out how to easily tell if the servers that use this site are Java only or not. Does PMC also comprise Better Together platforms? That’s what I primarily use so I need to know if PMC is the right place for me.

thanks for your time.
JustJuju
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/13/2019 8:30 pmhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Unless someone specifically says otherwise on their submission, you can generally assume that anything posted to PMC is for the Java edition of the game.
Because of the way server verification works on this site, there's not currently a way to post a Bedrock edition server here.
03/14/2019 8:19 pmhistory
JustJuju
Ok. Thank you so much for that clarification. I really like this site a lot, so it looks like I'm going to have to somehow get a Java version set up for myself sooner than later to fully enjoy the site. My present Java version is on my MacBook Pro from 2009. Used to work just fine, but recently the video card can't handle it anymore no matter the settings, and distorts/pixelated then freezes entire laptop - all within first 1-2 minutes of play. That's how I ended up on the PE version.
03/13/2019 8:24 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer
Andarius68
Well, I'm fifty years old and have both a Java server and a Bedrock realm if that helps any.
03/13/2019 5:28 pm
Level 82 : Elite Pixel Painter
Duvain Feynorim
I would say for the greater part it is PC gamers. Skins are of no use on xbox, or resource packs for that matter.

PC gaming is the best!...
03/13/2019 5:52 pmhistory
JustJuju
I use skins and mods on mobile too. I know there are resource packs soley for Java. Good to know though that you can't use any of that on Xbox. That I didn't know.
03/13/2019 4:54 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Tobbzii
I dont understand what you mean by 'Java only or not'. I may simply have not understood what you're asking
03/13/2019 5:51 pm
JustJuju
Yes, Shady is right. There are two versions you can play on PCs, the Java edition, or the Win10 edition, which is part of the newer Better Together editions that allow players across platforms such as a Win10 PC, Mobile PE editions, or Xbox to play on servers together. It also allows flexibility so that you can switch your platform and still access your same progress and worlds. I can go to my PC and play on the same worlds I play on my iPad with my same account if I use the Win10 edition. If it is the Mac or Windows Java edition I can't. If I am playing the Java edition, I can only play with other Java players and I cannot access my worlds or MP realms from any other platform.

Yes, apparently Java version is supposed to be far superior as per my own 17 year old will heatedly argue. However, a lot of what makes it better is slowly over time being incorporated into the better together versions as well. I care more about versatility and accessing my game play from different platforms and playing with friends who have a different platform than me than I do the hard core inner workings, mods, and marvels of Minecraft. I have the capability of accessing the Java version if I need to though.

So i I was wondering if most players here are primarily Java or not. I don't play on Xbox. But I presently do PC Win10 Bette together or mobile.
03/13/2019 5:17 pm
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
java as in standard pc version only or also the better together editions that is playable cross platform on Switch. Xbox One, Windows 10 edition, Pocket Edition, Fire TV edition and Gear VR Edition
03/13/2019 5:55 pmhistory
JustJuju
oh my gosh, there is now a VR edition?? I've dreamt of that for so long.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome