Forumskeyboard_arrow_right PMC keyboard_arrow_right Discussion

Create Forum Thread

What kind of servers are the best?

2 emeralds7 replies131 views
created 08/17/2019 2:06 am by Dylan_Secret
last reply 08/20/2019 6:26 am
What kind of servers would you like the best based on the average people online?
Posted by avatar
Dylan_Secret
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

7 replies

08/19/2019 2:10 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
Ealain
It depends on the players honestly. Taste chooses the kind of server. You can love factions but if the players/staff are immature the fun is sucked out of the game. Same thing for any other server. Towards the bigger amounts of players it becomes harder to hold a tightknit community together, and often makes new players feel left out if most people are ignoring them/farther ahead.

Anyway, I've only seen large minigame servers that I personally like. Always enough players to start a game, the small games give you a sense of camaraderie.
08/20/2019 12:33 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Dylan_Secret
Yeah I've personally always liked the really small servers because it's more of a community and it's hard to get into a big server when there's players hundreds of levels higher than you and donate lots of money.
08/20/2019 6:26 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
Ealain
That's why I'm really glad the EULA cracked down... I remember when there were op kits and donor levels that made 9/10 servers awful to play on because even if someone hadn't gotten the rank yet, it was always there. Small servers are the bomb! :D
08/18/2019 7:35 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
SireWhiteKnight
It's really whatever you prefer. Do you want to play a server where you will be overwhelmed with whatever is in the server or do you want to keep it simple.?
08/18/2019 7:46 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pig
pinkpig3777
I agree. It is very difficult to generalize this into the question "What kind of servers are the best?" because countless people have different tastes and preferences.

Also it depends on the gamemode to determine which amount of players is best. For example, most people likely want a HUGE playerbase for Minigame servers so they don't have to wait when starting a new game. However, when it comes to Survival servers players probably don't want 1000 players because it just gets ridiculous in chat (even with /shout). Additionally, it gets much much harder to find places to build.

I've met many many people that prefer smaller communities because they are *generally* nicer/friendlier. However, I've also met many people that want at least 20 people online regularly (at any given time) for the server to be desirable - which requires probably around 80+ of a playerbase to have that consistent playtime. Really just depends on the person. Lastly, asking one post on PMC may not be an accurate representation of what the MC community as a whole prefers.
08/17/2019 2:14 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Arsham81SBA
Like Hypixel!!
It Has Everything!!
08/18/2019 7:47 pmhistory
Level 7 : Apprentice Pig
pinkpig3777
Everything huh? Could you please tell me where the factions area is on Hypixel? Or No-Grief Survival? I couldn't find Kingdoms either. :/

:P

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome