Where is ''WHAT'S HOT'' Button?

1 emeralds23 replies241 views
aliparpar started 02/04/2012 5:02 am
Jas replied 02/05/2012 5:00 am
Dear site Moderators

I'm not sure why you have removed this lovely option .

Now I can't find the good stuff / projects that I'm looking for which are not on the cover page but are still amazing . Can you guys re-add / fix this button again?

Posted by avatar
aliparpar
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer

23 replies

02/05/2012 5:00 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
Ok, well Im not going to just go off of what I think, Ill report back to cyprezz with what you guys are saying I am locking the thread, it is no longer need to be continued. Ill tell you guys what cyprezz says (When he says, theres nothing saying that it will be today).
02/05/2012 4:56 am
Level 43 : Master Engineer
forro34
People, I seriously think the mods got it already, you want your filter back. There's no need for more "examples". I have this feeling that if you keep on arguing and raging, the mods will get p*ssed off and NOT tell Cyprezz, just out of principle. Stop, and they will report to him that the public wants its "What's Hot" filter back, if they haven't already.
02/05/2012 4:45 am
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
wachnlurn
If you find a project lost in the sea of Latest Projects add a comment with this text to help the cause!

great project. but im sorry to see it will never receive the recognition it deserves on this site. As it has been lost in the endless sea of junk. See this post to bring back the What's Hot filter and give your project the credit it deserves.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/where-what-hot-button-t46548-12.html
02/05/2012 4:37 am
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Clui
ignore my avatar <.< (I'm not trolling)
02/05/2012 4:34 am
wachnlurn
Heres another analogy:
What if professional sports cut out the playoffs and just went with regular season results to determine the superbowl or world series competitors?
Thats what you're effectively doing is cutting out the playoffs Its a completely different ball game when an elite project is displayed against mediocre 3rd class projects than it is when displayed against other first class projects.
Same with sports, many above average teams may be able to destroy the rest of their division, but when put up against another high caliber team their weaknesses become much clearer.
02/05/2012 4:30 am
Clui
And mods, why bother arguing? everyone disagrees with you and wants it back, so just bring it back!! Unless you have some technical reason but that's unlikely as you haven't shared it with us.
02/05/2012 4:24 am
Clui
I totally agree, if I was to suddenly jump up a level and wanted to post my art, it would probably never get known because someone removed the "what's hot" button.
02/05/2012 4:19 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Vampire
GreyHavens
Just to illustrate my point. Take a look at this great creation: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/steampunk-spawn/

Isn't it worth beeing in the popular reel? Of course it is! It's not just because the what's hot was missing and poeple weren't able to notice it
02/05/2012 3:58 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
The whats hot showed what was in the popular reel except in a list near enough, it was kind of pointless Just use the popular reel.
02/05/2012 4:14 am
GreyHavens
Wow, gee, thanks for generosity. Not. The "what's hot" button offered a wide array of projects while the popular reel offers just 4 or 5. It meens that it's not worth putting anything to the site anymore cause people might not see it after all. If you don't manage to enter to the popular reel the only ones who will see your project are your subscribers. That's totally unfair to new artists who create great buildings but just out of bad luck submit them on the same day other good projects are submitted.

It would be better if you reviewed every project and delete those which are unworthy. It would be simpler for us to browse through the worthy ones -_-

Or you may just bring what's hot back.
02/05/2012 4:18 am
wachnlurn
+1 for the good guys
I don't see how there is even a case for removing it. I have a feeling it has to do with money : (
02/05/2012 4:07 am
wachnlurn
I disagree, thats like saying when you do a google search you should only be shown five results.

And here is proof. Google minecraft and see if you find planetminecraft.com in the top five or even on the first page...nope its all the way back at the third page. Yet it is one of the most popular minecraft related sites out there. Would suck to cut off the results at 5 or even 10.
02/05/2012 3:54 am
Level 21 : Expert Architect
zukodark
Yes, the what's hot button is realy good! If you click most popular button you only see the old good project, and then it is difficul to find any funny map, for they have I mostly seen! And the you see on the popular project screen is mostly the projects, that is good detaljed, but they don't use to be funny! I only see castles and civilations there! No adventure maps!
02/05/2012 3:50 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
heartshapedBox
wachnlurnmm so how do you now filter by popularity the submissions of only the last few days?

Uhm derp, you click if you want to see projects, textures, skins, ect, then you look right in front of your face at scroll through the popular reel! Tada!
02/05/2012 3:44 am
wachnlurn
mm so how do you now filter by popularity the submissions of only the last few days?

EDIT: What I and others are probably trying to say is Why do I need to search through The Temple of Notch and countless other popular projects from months ago just to find the New popular projects. There have been countless occasions where the first two FULL pages of the Whats Hot filter have been filled with amazing creations. 4 or 5 in the reel is not enough.

Any one of those amazing projects can keep up the momentum going for days while blocking anything else that might not be as good but still noteworthy from getting more than a few views. Also the Recently Added filter can go so fast a project can be pushed to the 2nd or 3rd page in a matter of minutes and lost forever without the Whats Hot filter to correct that.

Is the filter creating a load on the web server? (I don't see how) Or is there another hidden reason for its mysterious disappearance.
02/05/2012 3:39 am
wachnlurn
Why was it removed? I didn't see anything wrong with it. It is one of the main reasons I frequent this site.
02/05/2012 3:40 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
Well.. It's just a button...
02/04/2012 6:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
thepixelartist1999
i want it back to
02/04/2012 6:42 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
The "Whats hot" things would be the ocean of crap that you speak of.
Each individual section, (Servers, skins, mods) have their own popular reel.
Is that not good enough? o.o
02/05/2012 3:43 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
heartshapedBox
Words of wisdom, my good friend.
02/04/2012 6:38 pm
GreyHavens
Without "what's hot" lots of people and projects worth recognition will be lost in the ocean of crap. Please bring it back :/
02/04/2012 6:19 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
I didn't even know you had that option o.o
Now that I know we have it (Or had it, in this case) I would love to have it back :3
02/04/2012 5:32 am
Level 46 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Yeah its so annoying that its gone. I loved it. I could just click it and see what was "popular in the movement" now i have to either A: Go though alot of crap to get to the good stuff. Or B: Go though the popular wheel to get to the not SUPER popular but good stuff.

WE WANT THE HOT BUTTON!
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome