Forumskeyboard_arrow_right PMC keyboard_arrow_right Discussion

Create Forum Thread

Windows 7 is offically dead now

9 emeralds18 replies310 views
created 01/14/2020 5:27 am by Vrillon14
last reply 01/19/2020 2:28 am
It's happened guys, Microsoft finally killed Windows 7, if you or someone you know is still using Windows 7, please make them aware of the free Windows 10 upgrade that Microsoft has available, You can also migrate to a version of Linux or Windows 8.1.
Posted by avatar
Vrillon14
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

18 replies

01/18/2020 8:58 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
xHyx
Respect to Windows 7
01/17/2020 10:23 pm
Level 44 : Master Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
I still have Windows 7, and in my opinion, I'll never upgrade to those crappy, fiendish versions. I mean, they're flat, dull, lifeless, ugly, childish, and did I mention Cortana is just plain creepy (and you can never get rid of her entirely, even when you're not using her)? I've used Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 before, and after a couple minutes of using them, they're just trash. At least 7 is sleek in design, really fast with gaming, and looks far more professional compared to 8 and 10. Even with the Windows 7 shell style and modifications for 8 and 10, it just doesn't feel the same. And have you seen the news about Windows 10 being more susceptible to hacks before the fix was announced? Yeah. That probably about sums it up. But if you like 8, 8.1, and 10, go ahead and use them all you want. I can respect you for liking something that I can't ever love. Even in the far future, unless Microsoft makes something as sleek and less childish-looking as Windows 10 or 8, then I'll be keeping Windows 7 forever, for now until eternity.
01/17/2020 11:27 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
Vrillon14
I'd recommend dual-booting with a Linux distro or Windows 10, so that way you can remain secure and have access to modern software, but if that's the way you want to roll...
01/19/2020 2:28 am
Level 44 : Master Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
No thanks. Though, I heard Linux is good, so if someone forced me to update to Windows 10, I'll switch to Linux instead.
01/15/2020 9:05 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Pirate
Arsham81SBA
01/18/2020 8:59 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
xHyx
F
01/19/2020 12:27 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Pirate
Arsham81SBA
Mission accomplished
01/15/2020 9:27 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
Flamingoes
F
01/14/2020 7:40 amhistory
Level 56 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrthus

day to day computer play you'll be fine, but you should move onto a premium third party anti virus for your security, you cannot rely on windows 7's version of windows defender anymore for your basic secuirty. the main people who will be affected by this are buisinesses, but they never listen and still run on windows xp.

windows 10 isnt bad, you can remove the adverts, remove all the microsoft bloatware and go about your day to day life
if you dont want to upgrade "because microsoft spying on me" they spy on your windows 7 install, google spy on you, amazon spy on you, your next door neighbour spies on you, the birds spy on you, (do not accept their existance, birds are NOT real)

in this day and age we sacrifice privacy for convenience give in to your corperate overlords and upgrade to an operating system that will protect your data(within reason)
or throw away your smart phone install a linux distribution and disconenct yourself from the internet, because they will still watch you, no gaming, no social media, no search engines.

Minecraft related:

lots of old computers that you guys play minecraft on will not support windows 10 for thier graphics drivers and you will crash with a pixel format not accellerated crash report
please check that your graphics card/chip/processor has drivers for windows 10
if it doesnt do not upgrade, stay on 7 and consider upgrading your techniligy to a newer version and welcome you into the roaring twenty's 2.0 with an up to date and powerful machine
01/14/2020 8:48 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Creeper
thedarkcave
But birds are real! XD
01/14/2020 8:55 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
theryrover360
no they're not. they're all spies made by the government.
01/15/2020 8:59 am
thedarkcave
Birds are descendants of dinosaurs. DINOSAURS! If they truly are spies, then they're probably dinosaur spies...
01/15/2020 11:07 amhistory
Level 56 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrthus
all of the birds died in 1986 due to reagan killing them and replacing them with robotic spies,the birds work for the bourgeoisie
01/14/2020 7:56 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Unicorn
HoboMaggot
r/birdsarentreal
01/14/2020 9:27 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Scribe
sepamc
I still use Windows 7 illegally
01/14/2020 8:47 pm
thedarkcave
I think everyone will get used to it... When Windows XP died, people weren't particularly thrilled, but now it's gotten better. I'm sure the same thing will happen for Windows 7 as well. :)
01/14/2020 7:22 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
MrManiac3
The thing is, if the machine running an old OS doesn't serve as a primary (or any level of importance) device, It is not necessarily needed to upgrade anytime soon, or at all. Certain things like legacy software require older operating systems.

I have a Windows XP machine that I don't use much at all, but it runs most of my old games. I also have a wimpy little Intel Atom netbook that I know I will need to move all its data and set it up with a lightweight Linux distro (think Puppy Linux) so it can operate with ease and survive into the new decade. It needs an SSD and a newer stick of RAM (1 GB ain't much, it should have at least 2). There's not much else that could be done to upgrade it, but it's enough to bring it a new breath of life.

So it depends on the scenario, and preference of course. I don't have the ability to do any upgrading anytime soon, so I'll be sitting on my lapels for a while on that.
01/14/2020 7:24 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
MrManiac3
That being said, I didn't know you could upgrade your Windows product key from Win7 for free this late in the game. I might consider that for my little mini-ITX Win7 machine when I install an SSD on it.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome