25

Bug impacting Mythical Creatures Mob Skin Contest Results

25 emeralds10 replies195 views
Cyprezz started 10/05/2020 11:53 am
AloComet replied 10/06/2020 2:24 am
Hi PMC,

Due to a bug in our method for checking whether or not all judges completed their ratings, the Mythical Creatures Mob Skin contest ended before one judge could complete their ratings. They were at 68% when it calculated the finalists.

It was a very specific bug that excluded site moderators from the # of judges AND only impacted the leader board if they were the last to complete their ratings. Basically, the site thought all judges completed their ratings because it wasn't counting a site moderator as a judge. The bug itself was introduced relatively recently and we reviewed all past contests to make sure this was indeed the first time it occurred.

Long story short, we have to put the contest back into judging phase, so that the judge can complete their ratings. We are removing awards already given but finalists will likely get them back today when the judge finishes rating the remaining 32%. If this impacts the first place position, I'll give the Steam credit to both.

Apologies for the messy double ending to the contest.
Posted by avatar
Cyprezz
Admin / Lead Developer
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
5802

10 replies

3
10/06/2020 1:57 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Stack
Nitgo
Lol
6
10/05/2020 12:10 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
sparklecare
i am too tired to understand this
so like it glitched and made it like, finish too early-?
9
10/05/2020 12:16 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Cyprezz
yep. Site didn't wait for the last judge to finish. They were at 68%, so they just need to rate the remaining 32%. Glitch was only triggered when judge is also a moderator AND they happen to be the last one to judge. Glad to squish the bug now.
6
10/05/2020 12:17 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
sparklecare
nice
s q u ish t h e b u g

To Step On Or Not To Step On? | Animals Are Feeling Beings Too
2
10/06/2020 2:24 am
Level 31 : Artisan Artist
AloComet
It all the computer moth fault.
2
10/06/2020 2:07 amhistory
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Gamer_360
Bugs are bad!
2
10/05/2020 1:34 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
ThisIsMystic
Is this also what caused the trophy to not be given (in my case, participant)? On my profile, when I got the trophy, the source of the image didn't exist. I'm assuming now that you've said this, it didn't exist yet since the contest technically did not end yet? If so, strange little bug. Glad to have it killed.
4
10/05/2020 2:01 pmhistory
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Cyprezz
No the broken trophies are a separate issue that is much easier to identify. Artist is still working on them. As soon as I get them, I'll update and trophies will be fixed.
2
10/05/2020 2:18 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
ThisIsMystic
Oh, ok. Thanks for all the updates on this topic. I appreciate it.
2
10/05/2020 1:23 pm
Level 42 : Master Answer
ohlogical
oh
odd
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome