forum Forumsplay_arrow PMC fiber_manual_record Events

Cute vs. Creepy Monsters skin contest - winners!

16 emeralds4 replies824 views
created 08/08/2018 3:17 am by DinowCookie
last reply 08/12/2018 7:13 am

Image by Wildcard_Gamer

The Cute vs. Creepy Monsters skin contest has come to an end. We had a total of 7 cute monster entries, and 12 creepy monster entries! Thank you to everyone who took part, this contest could never be as fun without you. Here is a participation badge for your profile:

PMC, Palettes and I judged the cute monsters based on how adorable they are, and the creepy monsters based on how scary they are. Originality was taken into account too, technique was barely considered as point of critique.

Starting with the cute category, our first place winner is An Intelligent Moron with their Radioactive skin, congratulations! We found this radioactive pastel pink bunny skin to be the most adorable and original cute monster in the contest.

Radioactive
by An Intelligent Moron

Taking second place in the cute category is Aspirin60 with their adorable Gargoyle baby skin! It was surprising to see that with this skin, a normally creepy looking kind of monster was made to look quite adorable. Nice creativity, congratulations with second place! :D

Gargoyle baby (cute v.s creepy contest Dinowcoockie)
by Aspirin60

Awarded with third place in the cute category is KawaiiCornz's Ice & Fire dragon skin! :D From the description we learned that this adorable looking little dragon is quite capable of defending itself, so don't come too close even if it looks so huggable! :o

καωαιι | Ice & Fire
by KawaiiCornz

Then onto the creepy monsters, our number one winner was a unanimous pick, we found yelloe's happiness devourer skin to be the most frightening monster in the competition, congratulations! :D

happiness devourer
by yelloe

There also wasn't any doubt about or second place pick for the creepy category. The Dead Doctor by Shady_Warlock was certainly the second most scary monster skin in the competition! :D

The Dead Doctor
by Shady_Warlock

Picking our third place for the creepy category was tricky, judges were not entirely in agreement about which skin looked creepier than the other. We finally agreed to awarding bear-human hybrid monster Teddy by Fluoresent with third place in the creepy monster category, congratulations! :D

🐻 T e d d y 🐻 || 🐻 C o n t e s t E n t r y 🐻
by Fluoresent

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this contest. You can display the participation badge on your profile. Congratulations to all the winners, you can display your winner badge on your profile as well! :)

An Intelligent Moron and yelloe, you both won an awesome looking render by PixelFrosty, you can pick any of your skins! :D Please get in touch with him to claim your prize and discuss your render.

Render example

We had great fun looking at all the cute and creepy monsters. I hope to see everyone in my next skin contest! :D Until then, you can check out the event calendar for the currently ongoing community events. ^_^
Posted by avatar
DinowCookie
Event Host
Level 44 : Master Dinosaur

4 replies

08/08/2018 3:41 am
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Puncher
Shady_Warlock
Wow, my entry getting 2nd place... Awesome.
08/08/2018 2:03 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Blockhead
An Intelligent Moron
♥♥♥♥
08/08/2018 10:00 pm
Level 42 : Master Sweetheart
KawaiiCornz
Woaaahh! 3rd Place! Not too bad. This skin was A LOT of fun to make and it was great fun seeing the results! I will be super excited to enter your next contest! :) Thank you! Everyone did really good!
08/12/2018 6:53 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
08/12/2018 7:13 am
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Puncher
Shady_Warlock
`youtube stuff goes in the youtube section, right over here just click this

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome