DinowCookie's next event?

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie9/5/18 12:48 am history
15 emeralds 595 10
9/8/2018 11:45 am
Aspirin60's Avatar Aspirin60
I have a lot of ideas on the shelf for events to host. But I have a limited amount of time and so I decided that I won't host more than 2 events at the same time. The Redstone Engineers skin contest's deadline just passed, and the Title Theft skin event is still running.

Because I have many ideas but limited time, I want to ask the community (you!), which event you'd like to see next! I plan to host all of these events eventually, so please do not go ahead and "borrow" their concepts before I've hosted my version. :)

Community skin collection III
We've done a Medieval Kingdom and a Greek Gods community skin collection. Both were a great success and people seemed to enjoy these a lot. Shall we have another one? If so, I'd put up another poll with various themes to choose from for the third edition. ^_^

Themed skin contest
I've hosted the Madness skin contest, the Cute vs. Creepy Monsters skin contest and most recently, the Redstone Engineers contest. If a themed skin contest is chosen as the next event, I will come up with a new original theme (so no voting for a theme).

Palette skin contest
Limited palette contests are being held quite often, but I want to do something more accessible. I hosted my very first palette contest 6 years ago! You can view the result in this collection. If my next event is a palette contest, it will not be a very limited palette, but instead a very elaborate palette with lots of possibilities. This would make it an easier challenge for beginner skin creators to join in on.

Themed build contest "Fairytale Ships"
Fairytale Ships: A theme which PMC member and ship builder Tizona and I came up with on discord chat, while we were discussing community build contests. There are a lot of people who enjoy building ships on PMC, and we thought it might be fun to hold a contest for them, but with a twist! Fairytale ships would be a contest in which participants are required to build a ship that looks like it comes from a magical world!

Title theft for builds
I'm currently hosting Title Theft for skins. An event in which I use the "roll random" button to steal titles from submissions, and give them to participants to use and create their own interpretation. Maybe this would be fun to do for builds too! :D

Skin + build combination contest
A contest in which entries consist of one build and one skin which compliment each other. Maybe a liar with a super villain skin, or a tree house with a fairy skin. There are so many possibilities! Personally I think this contest would be a great way to reconnect the world of skin making and Minecraft itself! :D

Train of thoughts event (any medium)
I make a skin, then the next person writes a poem inspired by it, the next person builds something inspired by the poem, and the next person makes a mod inspired by that build! This event would be all about taking inspiration to create something new, with any medium being allowed!

This poll will run for 3 days after which the result will be revealed. I'm looking forward to seeing which event you'd like to see first. ^_^ Happy voting!

Poll ended 09/08/2018 12:48 am.

DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur