Final Fantasy Community Event

memora's Avatar memora4/6/20 3:35 pm history
17 emeralds 737 26
4/30/2020 5:15 am
Fawne's Avatar Fawne

Final Fantasy Community Event
Hosted by Memora

Hello! Final Fantasy 7 Remake is releasing soon (or it might already be released when you’re reading this), so I thought I would host a Final Fantasy themed community event.

This is a non-competitive event and you can enter a submission of any kind, so there will be no winners or prizes.

You do not need to be a hardcore fan, or a fan at all to join.

What is Final Fantasy?

Final Fantasy is a JRPG video game series that’s been ongoing since it’s first release simply titled Final Fantasy in 1987. There have been 15 mainline games (18 if you count the sequels) and many spinoffs.

How to Enter

You need to post your submission(s) to PMC with the tag “memoraffevent”

You’ll have until March 1st 2020 to post your entries. Entries will be accepted after that, but I plan on doing a forum post or collection featuring the entries.

Rules on Entries

You will be allowed to enter up to 3 submissions. They do not have to be all of the same kind, so you could upload a skin, a build and a fanart blog, or just a skin.

Rules for all kinds of submissions

-Must provide at least 1 reference image of the thing you are making. This is to make sure that more niche things are confirmed to be Final Fantasy related and also so that people unfamiliar with the series get what you’re talking about.

-You are allowed to post submissions based on 7 Remake but only after April 20th. You can finish the submission before then but please don’t post it for the sake of not spoiling. If content has been shown in a trailer or the original Compilation of FF7, I’ll make an exception to this rule.

-No major spoilers for any game in the series without a clear spoiler warning. Just because the game has been out for a long time, doesn’t mean everyone has played it.

-Please state what game(s) you’re referencing somewhere in the submission

-All submissions must be related to Final Fantasy

-It can’t be a fan-made idea; it has to have appeared in a mainline game or a spin-off

-You can create an entry based off of something that was originally Final Fantasy but got an edit for a different series (such as the Midgar stage in Smash or Cloud’s outfit in Kingdom Hearts)

-I don’t mind if you enter something you made a long time ago but never posted to PMC, but please don’t enter something you’ve already posted to PMC.

-Must follow PMC’s community guidelines

Rules for Skins and Mob Textures

-Does not strictly have to be a character as long as it’s related to Final Fantasy

-Can not be a character that doesn’t have a canon look: this applies to characters that are customisable like the FF14 protagonist.

-Can use an alternative outfit, as long as it isn’t a fan made idea.

Rules for Blogs

-Only 1 blog per topic. For example, you can have 1 blog for cosplay, 1 blog for art and 1 blog for models you’ve made, but not multiple of each. Even if it’s for different games or characters, like you want to have art of a character from FF9 and FF6, they need to be in the same blog. I get this ones a bit confusing, so I’ll be more than happy to review over your blogs before you post.

-Writing is permitted, but please try to include a cover photo. This isn’t necessary but it is a recommendation.

-Images that weren’t created by you are allowed provided you have the rights to use them and they aren’t the main focus of the blog. If you did create the image, it can be the main focus of the blog however.

Rules for Projects

-You need to have at least 2 photos of your project at a different angle or location

-Doesn’t have to be a recreation of a location

-Download link isn’t required

Rules for Texture Packs, Data Packs and Mods

-Include at least 2 photos of different things in the pack/mod

-Download link isn’t required but is recommended

That’s All!

I know the rules in this are a lot stricter than I would usually go for, but I want to make sure this works properly. If you have any questions, please contact me in the comments or in private messages.

Thank you and have fun!

memora
Level 48 : Master Strawberry