Melancholy [Skin Contest]directions_run

-Valery's Avatar -Valery6/21/20 3:57 pm history
30 emeralds 1.7k 49
7/27/2020 8:03 am
Elicorne's Avatar Elicorne

Image by -DaniL (edit) and lazy bag of bones named -Valery (pixel trash)
"Melancholy" skin contest by -Valery and -DaniL

[​DESCRIPTION]

Heya! Welcome to the "Melancholy" skin contest!

Have you ever wanted an apocalypse to begin? Don't bother answering.
Well, you can come up with anything related to the apocalypse and turn it into your skin

You can make a giant cockroach mutated because of nuclear bomb,
or a person who is trying to survive among those infected with a terrible ailment.
Unleash your imagination or portray movie and game characters.

(If you use a character or creature from a game or movie, you will receive less points for originality.)

If you write a story to your skin, or even write a short history of the world,
where does this character or monster come from (this story should be yours, not from a game or movie),
you will get more points for originality, which means your chances of winning a prize place increase.
So don’t be lazy... like me.

You can draw? Cool! Draw art/pixel art in addition to your skin!
(You will also receive points for originality)

[DEADENDLINE]
END

[​JUDGES]
-Valery (me) and -DaniL
You can't ask anything, contest ended.

YOU DON'T NEED TO READ IT ANYMORE, CONTEST ENDED!
Rules
1. Don't steal skins made by others!
2. Nothing offensive!
3. Has to be made entirely by you!
4. When uploading use the tag "melancholycontest"!
5. ONE entry per person!
6. You can add art or pixel art to your skin, BUT don't steal art/pixel art made by others!
7. You can add story to your skin, BUT don't steal story from a game/movie or stories made by others!
8. Don't copy others original ideas!
9. #ContestRulesMatter! ( i'm just an idiot, nevermind, it's kinda joke, you don't need to put it in tags )

If you don't follow the rules, then you will become a carelessly wandering animal enslaved by flowers.

Participants/Entries

Tacoshet
Entry:

Not an Apocalypse Survivor

( The most beautiful zombie in pripyat )

Some Story
A heroic survivor of the nuclear fallout finally emerged from his makeshift bunker. At his door he was immediately torn apart by the creatures born in the nuclear hell-scape. He fell back into his dank dwelling where spores claimed his now lifeless form creating this broken lumbering husk to wander the new world. I guess something survived at least.

Elicorne
Entry:

Survivalist Ken

( I can't say something, unfortunately there's no story )

De Taco King
Entry:

| Dune Rider |

( Now I want to see a huge worm )

Some Basic Lore
|X| after the accident of 3/3/2150 the world was reduced to a desert like husk filled with ruins of former life, while life starts to return to normal, the land outside the citys also known as the waits, are filled with mutated horrors from the accident aswell as the dune riders, theifs who ride on hover bikes who ambush those who venture into the waists and strip them of their gear, and leaving them behind without their equipment or bikes, nobody knows who leads the dune riders or what their goal is, it is recommended you avoid them at all costs |X|

Maykulka
Entry:

Rose the one survivor

(You can only trust yourself)

Some Story
~~In this world the government failed. They released a deadly virus to kill of the rebels. But they didn't know what will turn out from it...

The streets were abandoned, with the exception of the rotting bodies flooding them.

~~ The virus spread fast, faster than they expected it to. It didn't only attack the intended. It attacked the people of power. It attacked everyone. It had no mercy.

All the bodies looked so innocent. So peaceful. You couldn't tell which ones were murdered, and which ones were the murderers.

~~It spread out of hand. All the leaders died. We had no one to look up to. But we didn't know it was them who caused this.

You can't trust anyone. It's a free for all.

~~When it attacked, you couldn't even tell. There were no effects. No cough, no rush, no turning green like in the films. Just normal humans, with normal human flesh.

Everyone is dead. At least that's what I hope...

~~ You wouldn't know a thing. Until the knife hit's you. Until they clench your skin in there mighty jaws.

They look normal, but they are driven by hate and pain. They want blood. They will do anything to get blood.

This is the end...

Michiru
Entry:

Blood, sweat and tears, my journey in the Wasteland

( Now this is no longer a contest, now it's a gallery of nostalgia )

Infos/Backstory/Appearance
Infos :
Name : Mirai ARASHI (嵐 未来)
Height : 5'2
Hair : red, dressed in a long ponytail
Eyes : red
Blood : O
Distinguishing feature : three large scars on the left side of her abdomen
Outfit : gas mask, anti-dust googles, camo bikini top, white tanktop worn at the waist, camo oversized trousers, dark grey ranger boots and gloves.

Backstory :

Mirai was born in 2149 in the city of Junk Hole (ジャンクホール ), almost hundred years after the global nuclear crisis which destroyed humanity. Although the radiation level had become relatively low, it had created horrific creatures, which had quickly become a major cause for concern. It is precisely one of those creatures who broke the girl’s life forever. When she was 11, a giant mutant lizard stormed into the girl's neighborhod and killed almost everyone living there, including Mirai's mother and her younger brother. Her father barely had time to protect her from the monster, sacrifiying his life to offer a future to his daughter, but couldn't stop the monster from leaving a deep scar on the young girl's abdomen.
Since that day, Mirai has sworn to find the monster who has decimated her family. At the age of 16, she has joined the local militia to learn how to wield a weapon.

Appearance :

REGULAR OUTFIT
CASUAL OUTFIT (No mask, no boots, no gloves)

crowfully
Entry:

𝒶𝓅𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓎𝓅𝓈𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈

( And that’s the reason why I don’t fly on airplanes... wait )

His story or whatever
James and his father were coming home from a trip to Ibiza, Spain. They had already been in an airplane for 9 hours, and still had 6 more to go until they reached the airport in their hometown. But even though the loved traveling, the flights were always the most difficult part.

James’s imagination always went on a rampage whenever he stepped on an airplane. The number of things that could happen was just too much for him. Despite that, he always managed to keep his thoughts in place. But only if he was wide awake.

Since the flight began he hadn`t shut his eyes, only his father, Roberto, did. And only to add up to that, he couldn't catch any sleep last night due to his neighbors from the hotel.

His mind was starting to melt. The lines between reality and whatever fictional thought came through his mind were starting to merge.

But then, in the blink of an eye, he saw an enormous snake-like creature looking at the plane from the bottom of the sea. Those 2 seconds, were his limit. He fell asleep right after that.

The hours passed and he was still asleep, unaware of the danger he could`ve warned.

When he woke up, it was too late. “Oh great, the plane is landing” - he thought. Only to realize that the plane was being landed indeed but in the middle of the city. Both engines were severely damaged and everyone inside the plane was panicking.

Whatever his eyes were seeing he couldn`t believe it. There was no way that all of that was happening. “This has to be a dream” -.

He looked outside only to see that his hometown was now a battleground. Monsters were dropping from portals all over the city, and the world too.

The landing was too harsh, he thought some bones were shattered in his body. But no, it was his father's’ leg that broke.

He didn't have time to even look at the wound. The monsters were already going for the plane and were tearing it apart. He grabbed a piece of glass and covered it with some clothing and with the help of some of the passengers they escaped. Sadly, his father could not survive. The hemorrhage produced when his leg shattered was fatal.

Now, alone and with his group of fellow passengers gone, he survived from the remnants of whatever he could find. Still looking for a way to end this apocalypse.

Theoretical Thing
Entry:

Surviving the Apocalypse

( accessibility android )

Some Story
It is the far future. Past the times when humans had discovered another intelligent life species. Past the times when humans had built large cities that took over all nature. Past the times when robots had replaced animals.
Nowadays, the world is ending.

It had all started when a plague broke out. The plague was known as the Reaper's Plague, for anyone who caught it was killed after only a few days of having it. The Reaper's Plague spread like wildfire, killing thousands of people, and there was no cure. Restrictions were set to keep it from spreading, and those who caught it were killed before they could infect others. People could hardly leave their homes, and many would not have even if there weren't any restrictions. Scientists, after the Reaper's Plague had reached 1 billion on its kill count, had made what they thought was a cure.
The scientists, of course, were confident and excited to see if it could cure the plague. So they brought an infected test subject in, and they gave that test subject the cure, thinking it would make everything better. It did not. If anything, it made things only worse.
The cure had worked for a few weeks, and scientists had given the cure to hundreds during that time, but after those few weeks, something happened to the "cured" people.
They turned into monsters. They were no longer considered "human." Sure, they became immune to the plague, but now they were monsters that wanted to kill every living thing in sight. Monsters who were immensely strong and nearly impossible to kill. Monsters soon came from all over Earth, and they killed so many of the remaining humans that there were only a few hundred left.

Now, the few hundred that remain are causing the situation to become even worse. They are tearing down everything in hopes to keep themselves safe. The Earth, which had already been polluted quite a bit, is now on the brink of dying from pollution. The humans would kill eachother, and peace was a thing of the past. They all want to live, they do not have time to care for others.
However, a woman who became known for the bright purple cloth she wore on her head, tries to fix things, knowing that everyone will die if nobody did anything. She tries to search for a cure for the monsters, hoping that if she finds it, she could cure the monsters and hoping that if the monsters are cured, the humans would become more focused on putting Earth back together.
Now, when Earth is dying, she still searches for the cure.

recess
Entry:

apocalyptic

( Beretta 92FS is one of my favourite pistols )

Short Story
The year 2020 seemed to be the beginning of a drastic, downward spiral for the human race, and the world itself.

Pandemic after pandemic ravaged the world mercilessly, leaving few still standing.

Natural disasters, like fires, earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes destroyed anything from towering cities to small towns.

Human hope and willpower was at an all time low. Those who survived had little will to keep fighting for their lives.

There were of course, some people that seemed to bloom in the apocalypse, feeling more alive there than in the previous, normal world.

Lucia Bailey was one of those people. She was a former college student studying law in New York, set on becoming the strongest female lawyer out there.

Although, in a world full of death, destruction and danger, she felt contempt towards her decision to become a lawyer, because well in the apocalypse there are no laws.

Lucia, although she was always a more conserved and independent person, decided to group up with a few college friends and acquaintances in order to increase her chances of surviving. After all, there is safety in numbers.

During the first few years of the apocalypse, criminals and bloodthirsty humans created their own groups, and they made it their goals to make sure no law and order returned to the world, so they could continue what they did best, killing.

Lucia was quite a spectacular specimen to be honest.

Her appearance was childlike and delicate. She had light blonde hair that reached her waist, however she decided to shave half her head as she claimed that half a head of hair is easier to manage then a full head of hair.

Her eyes were light blue and inquisitive. Her friends would say it looked like a piece of the sky torn off and placed in her eyes.

Her skin was pale and light, despite the countless hours she spent outside, she never seemed to get darker, but it was also full of cuts and scrapes as she was careless and quite frankly a klutz.

As for clothes, she always wore a tank top paired with her favorite khaki shorts. She'd wear combat boots that reached to half of her calves, with knee-high socks. But of course, she'd never go anywhere without her green, tattered coat. She found it herself in a looted North Face store near the college she attended. She'd never take it off.

Last but not least, she'd wear a sunbleached gas mask on the top of her head, but she'd never use it, as there was no need to anymore. No one understood exactly why she'd wear it, but it was hypothesized that it was just a fashion statement.

Lucia, reborn in the apocalypse, became an exemplary fighter. Using a gun because like a second nature to her, and she'd always carry her Beretta 92FS right on her left thigh.

She had no fear to pull it right out and point it, which worried her group.

Through the years though, she shut herself out, and broke off from her group, deciding to go solo.

She made it her purpose to follow the murderous group, picking them off one-by-one, protecting the lives of the other survivors.

She became a sort of a guardian angel for any survivor, although she'd keep her distance and rarely interact with them. why? no one knows, she was just programmed that way, you could say.

Slow_Finger
Entry:

𝔇𝔢 𝔐𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯

( Not quite suitable for the theme, but oh well )

Short Description
Man who fear demons and see them everywhere...
So, don't look in his eyes or he will follow you more than "Enderman"

WhatToMake
Entry:

Monster Of The Apocalypse

( Chernobyl favors this divine creature )

Short Description
Description of it, it is a monster from the apocalyptic world that owns this world. It's black and not a lot of brown creature with six eyes,the spikes piercing through to the meat.In addition, it has very sharp teeth resembling a shark but even more powerful, it can tear a person apart with them.

His weak point is to play a game with him at some point or when he falls asleep he can be impaled with a close combat weapon although the long range method will also work

He is 20-30m tall and weighs about 1000kg or more

That's all the information about it

If you meet them just run!! as far as you can go

Ang333
Entry:

Test subject 504

( ouch, my eye )

Short Description
The scientists wanted to create human hybrids, but the fusion human+plant wasn't a great idea, one of the human eyes became really big and plants continuesly grow on his body. It's not a dangerous creature tho.

Welshi
Entry:

Infected_01

( This is an unusual story, I like it when participants make stories different from the rest )

Some Story

In 2047 a scientist by the name of Rodolph Kein found a way to infuse and weaponize magnetic fields with humans. This light blue substance, which he called eno proved to be extremely powerful, and unfortunately, countries started to use them in wars. The limits of eno seemed nonexistent, however it soon became clear that the eno placed one against immense stress, many lost their lives, they were called the lucky ones.

In 2054 the first explosion happened, the eno proved to be like a virus, infecting the user's body until it was completely engulfed. when this happened the eno would leave the body at extremely fast rates, causing an explosion akin to that of an atomic bomb.

By 2073 most lands were wastelands, with time, eno continued to stay as a thick liquid, mostly found in puddles and on rarer cases rivers. By now, the very air was infected, and a new disease started to pop up, called the eno consumption disease. In this case, eno would enter the body in a less refined state, meaning the eno from around would enter the user rather than be injected by scientific procedures. This disease would slowly consume one's body, turning it all into eno, however unlike last time, since the eno had already adapted and had a part of the outside world the magnetic fields would allow the user to control the earth around them. Also it didn't explode so that was a plus.
In the end, eno would give one endless power, but it would cause their death in less than a year, making it an ultimate tradeoff.

F I N N L E Y
Entry:

Dr. Oblivious

( I like mutants )

Short Story
Dr. L. Chafik aka Dr, oblivious had an accident while doing an experiment he had mutated face and some weird instincts where he can turn people cannibals, he now leads an army of zombies, hopefully there are survivors that can stop this misery :)

KripiAK
Entry:

KripiAK after the Apocalypse

( Apocalypse in Vanilla Minecraft? Cool! )

Short Story
After the Nuclear bomb exploded, there were many survivors but they had a problem: food & zombies.
Because the Nuclear bomb exploded, there were Radioactive fog that blocked the sunlight, to fight these zombies and find food we needed new armors, I just took everything that I could find:

-1 observer
-1 blast furnace
-1 obsidian
-2 netherite scraps
-2 lead
-1 spawner cage
-1 backpack

I am ready to fight zombies and bring food to my camp...

PensilDesu
Entry:

Apocalypse Me

( Now I have nostalgia for old "Let'sPlays" and "Series" about zombie apocalypse in minecraft )

WolfyFoxMc
Entry:

the zombie Luke!

( Now I remembered the old zombie movies )

Sha6kTheKid
Entry:

Jax Baker - My Apocalypse Take on my OC

( I like gas masks, I'm russian and i always wearing one {nope} )

Short Story
Jax Baker was a Junior at Stevens burg High School when the pods drooped. Pods filled with aliens drooped from space invading the earth and mutating humans and animals to be there own. Jax was the last person anyone would expect to survive. He was always thought to be weak, but this proved them otherwise. Jax was at school when the first pod dropped. it drooped on top of the school. Aliens began to turn kids and kill adults. (The kids minds can be changed they cant change adults) Jax was one of 79 kids to escape his school. When he escaped he was with a few of his friends and were trying to find food when a huge mutated bear bit of Jax's right leg and slashed his left eye. Jax had a friend who was very good with robotics and they blocked the bleeding and went to the school to get parts to build him a robot leg. Later one of the groups attacked Jax and his friends so they decide to make a gang, the gang was called the X's He carved the symbol into his hair and chest and they started to find a way to get supplies. They made a super addictive drug by mixing alien blood with soda and some other stuff. They would trade for weapons and food with other gangs for there drug they named "alien juice" But what they soon realized was that alien juice that if you had it to much then you became a half alien half human. Jax became power hungry and kept having the drug. He now has super human strength and a few other alien powers. But his body has become more like a alien and grew a second heart. Each blood type is fighting for control of the body.
So he needs a gas mask
1. To look cool and 2. to help him breath alien air. (just air touching alien blood)

AmyOak
Entry:

Apocalypse version of my persona

( Making oc's/persona's or their alternative versions is fun )

Short Story
Day:33 since the Coup

The president was executed over a month ago now and Im already starting to forget what the world was like before. Yesterday I found a Radio that was still working and have been carrying it with me, Hearing a Voice Is comforting for me as its what I was used to. It didn't take long for the Rioting to start and for several factions to try and sieze power and fill the gap. I was unlucky, I was wearing the flag colours of the Purpura Faction but I had'nt realised at the time so their political rivals quickly came for me and If not for Vermilla's sacrifice I would have surely Been killed. The people on the radio claim to have medical help for both physical and spiritual creatures so Im hoping they may be able to help Vermilla back to life. Her remains are still scattered over my clothes because i cant bring myself to do anything yet In case they need her remains to bring her back. I Tried to store as much of her in a small jar that I am keeping on my waist

soulblqde
Entry:

Lost and Forgotten

( Why did i remember some vocaloid? )

Short Description
I little TV head dude that, after not getting any care, slowly shut down.
:(

PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft

Entry:

Survivor

( Old good classic )

Short Story/History thing
  "Jack! I'm heading out!"
  "You have my list?"
  "Yes, I have your list," I replied to him, carefully patting my pockets to make sure I did. I grabbed a couple sacks and entered the code to open the hatch door
  "Try not to run into any of the space serpentes or-"
  "Yes yes I know, try not to anger the space thingies, that's quite obvious Jack," I slipped out the door before he could give me his entire speech on how they weren't "space thingies" and the whole darn history of the world as well. I already knew what had happened eight years ago when the reptilian space force came and wrecked the planet. I was only really about five back then, but I'd heard the story many times over and over again.

  I wandered mindlessly about the abandoned city streets, hopping over abandoned cars and knocked-over light posts, looking for usable spare parts that matched what I needed, as well as what Jack had on his list. I also kept my eye out for food. During an all-out apocalypse food was always needed. I wrenched open an old shop and poked my head inside. A few rats scurried about but other than that the unlit shop just reeked of mold. Nothing useful in here.

  After a couple of hours of scrounging around for parts I had about everything that was needed. The metal pieces banged about and caused quite the chaotic noise, which rang through my ears. The aliens often went around in their small pods during the evening and morning hours scouting for human prey, and all this noise would not be good for my safety. I turned on my walkie-talkie.
  "Oi, Jack? You there? Over," White noise.
  "Yeah what is it? Over,"
  "I'm going to have to stay out tonight. Over,"
  "Roger that, stay safe, over," I shoved my bags under a car and clambered up and over a collapsed section of building. This would be where I'd hunker down for the night. I noticed a large amount of tables and chairs all piled up in a corner. This must have used to be some sort of restaurant. Maybe there would be some canned food leftovers that hadn't gone bad, though that would be unlikely. I edged open the kitchen door and searched the shelves. Most of the stuff had already been taken away years ago, but I noticed some un-opened cans in the back. I reached out and grabbed them.

  I risked a small fire and cooked whatever had been in those cans. The paper labels had partially fallen off, and I couldn't tell what the food was, only that it was way better than Jack's attempts at cooking. I stomped on the ashes of my fire and settled down behind the front counter of the restaurant, wrapping myself in a old tablecloth. A cool breeze swept through the broken windows as I closed my eyes.

  "Raina fitz pop Raina are you crackle there?!"

Aedman

Entry:

Reptilian Hominid in Disguise

( Do you like layers? I like layers... )

Awards
First place - 1st place trophy ( old rifle with optics ) - Michiru

Second place - 2nd place trophy ( fire axe ) - WhatToMake

Third place - 3rd place trophy ( respirator ) - F I N N L E Y

Participant - participation badge ( empty soda can found during the journey )

AmyOak
recess
soulblqde

PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft

crowfully

Elicorne

Ang333

Tacoshet

Maykulka

Theoretical Thing

Slow_Finger
KripiAK

WolfyFoxMc

PensilDesu

Sha6kTheKid

De Taco King

Welshi
Aedman

( If you didn't find yourself among the participants, you'll never find yourself there, contest ended )

Сollaborations aren't allowed anymore, contest ended!

Thank you for participating!
-Valery
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator