Moria Design Contest

Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith5/22/11 1:14 pm
5/30/2011 7:19 am
mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole
Hello everyone, this is Zaralith. I am building the great Mines of Moria. Currently the walls are very plain, with everything being done in smoothstone. I would like to place a design against the back wall and against the front entrance to make it look better. Below are two images, whose size may not be altered. They correspond to the sections of wall that I would like to change. In the Front Entrance image, the pink is the main staircase from the hall to the main floor and the red is the doorway. Neither of those may be changed. In the other image, the pink and red indicate where the road meets the wall (the road is not in those spots, it is just a marker). I will be placing a door that is that wide there as an entrance to a future planned underground city. Materials that are allowed for the design are cobblestone, Obsidian, and mossy cobblestone. Most other materials including all wool will be denied. on the images, white will be smoothstone, grey cobble, black obsidian, and green is mossy. I would like the designs to be symmetrical with the center of the image (left and right sides are mirrors) though the front and back don't need to be the same. If you want, you may submit a small addition to the front entrance to match your design for the back door (to be done in red). The back wall may also include a small amount of lava (behind glass) which is indicated with orange. The back wall template indicates where the floor lighting meets the back wall with 4 orange marks. I suggest that this be done with something like paint on full zoom to make it easier. Symmetrical designs are preferred but a suitable non-symmetric design might be chosen as long as it is centered. The winners will be announced in this thread and will be credited in the Mines of Moria posting as well as on the screenshots of the completed art. If you think you have a block that would also look good you may draw it and explain what the other colors equal, but there is no guarantee that it will be accepted. This will be done using the default texture pack. 1 pixel is equal to 1 block.

[attachment=1]<attachment unavailable>[/attachment]

[attachment=0]<attachment unavailable>[/attachment]
Zaralith
Retired Moderator
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2011 7:19 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
if only there was a way to split the blocks smaller, so you could have a bunch of smaller pairs of eyes peeping at you, in a random pattern along the wall.
05/30/2011 2:06 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Boomer
But what would the door design be though.... a small mouth or some teeth or something....
05/29/2011 10:10 am
mommaCarole
ohh, the eyes are kind of cool and ominous. mine's so girly... heh
05/28/2011 12:30 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Boomer
Heres my idea.... for the back wall for now havn't done the door design yet.
[attachment=0]<attachment unavailable>[/attachment]
05/25/2011 12:24 pm
Zaralith
ok.
05/25/2011 12:12 pm
mommaCarole
I didn't do a door design yet. one step at a time Zaralith! I'm taking a break from stained glass plotting, and it is truly EVIL.
05/25/2011 12:01 pm
Zaralith
Just attach the image directly to the post. Edit your post above this. Did you remember to include the door design as well since this is the back wall? Also, will this look odd on the back wall since it is only for the section shown and will not repeat across the entire wall?
05/25/2011 9:16 am
mommaCarole
Here's my idea...[attachment=0]<attachment unavailable>[/attachment]

As for stretching across the back wall, not sure just how large your back wall is, but I used your .jpg and filled it in... not big enough?
05/22/2011 7:47 pm
Zaralith
We have cut more than 750,000 blocks manually and we are going to finish it by hand as well. We will finish it manually and it will be epic when it is complete. Now get back on topic and beast mode me some awesome mural.
05/22/2011 7:37 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Smink
You should use mcedit to hwlp build it as that would help alot! cause imagine llaying all those blocks by hand id like kill myself if i had to
05/22/2011 7:17 pm
Zaralith
Meh, they have all the nice tree cities and stuff as well as tons of magic... Idea, I might build a magic forest village above Moria. Will need to wait and think. Map out above Moria better.
05/22/2011 3:03 pm
mommaCarole
still, doesn't mean you can't slam elves. fricken pansies!

05/22/2011 2:27 pm
Zaralith
Look at the project that is linked. It is inspired by it and named because it is so large.
05/22/2011 1:31 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Egyptian
Sumpumpolis
it's not the mines of moria then?
05/22/2011 1:26 pm
Zaralith
This project has nothing to do with LoTR.
05/22/2011 1:24 pm
mommaCarole
I would write something in Dwarven runes... Something like "Gimli was here" or "Elves stink"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome