Forumskeyboard_arrow_right PMC keyboard_arrow_right Events

Create Forum Thread

not really a contest just a challenge idea for players.

7 emeralds5 replies265 views
created 07/01/2019 1:38 pm by Grinroth
last reply 10/17/2019 10:51 pm
The Cycles Challenge
by Grinroth

The Story
  Mother nature has started fighting back, over time the world has developed safe cycles, for 6 nights the world is highly volatile and dangerous the remaining Players are restricted to living in safe zones, these areas are immune to the effects of mother nature, as long as they remain in their plots of land they will thrive.
  On the seventh day its like mother nature goes to sleep, so the Players can venture out, however they must return to the plot before night fall. Venturing out mostly becomes a collection trip.
  Underground is a whole different issue, the wrath of Mother Nature is not as strong underground, however it never leaves, only the strongest will survive, Players take their own lives into their hands, but the rewards are plentiful.

The game rules:
1. game should be set to Easy to Hardcore. Hardcore would be more realistic for this challenge
2. Players should please remember the honor system if playing follow the rules, this challenge should be cool to play but only if the rules are followed.
3. Sun up to dark is defined by the following:
  A. Sun Up = the moment the whole sun is visible in the sky.
  B. Dark = the moment the whole moon is visible in the sky.
4. Have fun.
5. If you use this idea on a server please give credit to me Grinroth (aka Lothos710)

Plot Set up:
1. The Plot Must be 25 x 25
2. There must be a water source that is no smaller than 3 x 3 but no bigger than 5 x 5
3. There must be a chest with the following items.
  A. a set of wooden tools, (ax, pick, shovel,sword, hoe)
  B. 1 of each seed (wheat, carrot, potato, beetroot, pumpkin, watermelon)
  C. a stack of fireworks
4. There must be 1 Oak Tree.
5. The wall around the plot should be only 1 block, tall.
6. Each plot should be at least 25 blocks away from each other.

The First Day:
1. Players, must choose a time keeper to count the days and set off a firework at the beginning of the safe day.
2. You must claim your plot first.
3. You may not remove any items from the chest.
4. You are not allowed any tools.
5. The only thing you are allowed to collect is wood, meat, wool, leather, feathers.
6. If you pickup anything they must be discarded this includes saplings and seeds flowers
7. You must gather as much as possible before the sun goes down.
8. Once you enter your plot, you are not allowed to leave.
9. Build the plot wall up to better protect you from Mother Nature

Inside the Plot:
1. you can build within the boundaries of the wall.
2. Each cycle consists of 7 days, 6 bad days and 1 good day.
3. Each cycle will unlock a tool type, starting with wood, and ending in diamond.
4. You can only use the current tool type or the previous tool type during that cycle.
5. All players must have farms, including a tree farm.
6. You are allowed to make your water source bigger or smaller, there is no limit to the plot owner.
7. Each player should make a sign with their name on it. To show owner ship.

Safe Days:
1. The Time Keeper should fire a firework off to let all players know it is safe day.
2. As well as monitor the time to set off one at dark.
3. You may collect what ever you find, that will help you survive.
4. You may visit and trade with other players on Safe days.
5. You must be back in your plot before the whole moon is in the sky.
6. During Safe days you can lead animals in to your plot for use to survive.

Villages:
If during your exploration you come across a Village you must announce you have found one, you then become responsible for that Village you must move your base to the Village, you may not destroy a Village building, you are only allowed to improve it. Your first priority is to build a security wall then move your base. You may only sleep in a Village bed for 2 cycles then you must have your own home.

Who Wins.
The player last standing wins (in Hardcore). In easy and normal mode the group should decide on a point to stop. Some suggestions might be all player determine how many times you die before you are dead permanent. Maybe a set number of cycles, there are several ways to determine this.

If there are any suggestions please feel free to let me know. I am new at making challenges so please be kind,

Remember we we all noobs at one time.

Have a nice day
Grinroth
Posted by avatar
Grinroth
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

5 replies

10/17/2019 10:51 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
God_Oh_War
and im totally going to make a map with this story
10/17/2019 10:51 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
God_Oh_War
You should make a map out of this, like maybe you could make command blocks on a timer to make it so on bad days there are tons of monsters and thorns and traps but on good days all of those are gone, you could also set up a redstone clock that ticks every day connected to a dispenser to shoot off fireworks
07/25/2019 4:40 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragonborn
MrDementorFace
This is a Great Idea I'll try it out.
Just a Suggestion but I think that I you added a mod that killed anyone who ventured outside there plot on Bad days.
07/02/2019 11:37 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Chridboy04
I'm saving this, it seems like a very nice idea.
07/09/2019 11:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Grinroth
Thank you

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Website

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome