Official Buccaneer Bay Build Contest Threademoji_flags

PMC's Avatar PMC3/1/21 12:02 pm
50 emeralds 1.3k 89
4/10/2021 7:20 am
Bestfeeling's Avatar Bestfeeling

It's time for the pirate life!

This is the official discussion thread for the Buccaneer Bay : A Minecraft Pirate Build Contest

Welcome to a fun project contest where all entries are pirate themed! We collaborated with Aderlyon Build Team to organize and provide a optional starter island ideal for pirate activities.

You could create an elaborate treasure hunt, a pirate ship battle scene, skull cove with sunken ships, active or abandoned pirate village, organic pirate art... You are free to let the theme inspire you.

What is your favorite pirate saying?

Poll ended 03/06/2021 11:14 am.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2021 7:20 am
Level 40 : Master Architect
Bestfeeling
Hello,

I would like to ask regarding the "Profile Featured on PMC - 1 Week+" point on the reward list. This is my first time so I don't know anything about this. Do I need to prepare any graphics for this or how will this be presented as I would like to (if allowed) have my team presented instead of only me because I want to thank them for their help. If we do need to prepare any graphics, would you mind telling me the size of them so we can prepare them in advance?

Sorry if this question seems so stupid as this is my first time reaching the top 3.

Cheers!
04/05/2021 2:24 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Artist
Dukette
So.. God, this is childish of me.

But I would really like to know why I didn't reach the finalists board?
Is it too small? Was it just something that was too messy to look at?
I just need to know because it was a big project out of passion, and I was really proud of it.
04/08/2021 7:25 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Architect
Uknownymous
It's not childish at all to wonder that; putting a lot of effort into something and feeling like it hasn't really been seen is understandably upsetting. :)
Your build was fairly small, so that more than likely had an impact on it - details are really, really nice to see and you blatantly put a lot of effort into them with the armour stand positioning though, but I don't think many noticed that. Still, it was nice. :) 30+ diamonds is good for a submission presently so it has accomplished that. Your build's not messy though- It's certainly not that. One issue with aiming to be a finalist is that it's largely decided by a popularity contest. Judge diamonds are worth around ten diamonds, and besides that it's the sum of the parts of diamonds, views and favourites, roughly, from what I know, and any submissions with downloads are then processed to automatically determine the highest ranking ones. So... I imagine yours was close and I'm sorry it didn't get in, but you did make a good build, so keep being proud of it. :)
04/09/2021 1:18 am
Dukette
Well- That's relieving, but also a shame.

I get that judge diamonds are worth a lot more, but I'm not comfortable that it matters by size.

There's not much to do about it- I guess, but it's at least it's calming to know how to improve my builds that I post here.

I'll probably take a break from posting builds still, since I'm exhausted- But I greatly appreciate it! <3
04/09/2021 4:06 amhistory
Uknownymous
Yeah, I can understand that being a shame. People often have different views on things like that; that just happens to be what they tend to look for here. I quite like what you've done with it, but in the end the content that tends to travel the most in views is the content that's eye-catching rather than the content that's vigorously detailed, but the vigorous detail does mean that everyone who does see it is several times more likely to appreciate it, so if you could somehow achieve both it'd be great. Presentation naturally eclipses both of them too and if you could make a vigorously detailed build seem really obviously clear and eye-catching the moment it's seen that also absolutely works. :) Regardless, your build was nice, as said, so no issue in quality per part that existed, and you were at least definitely borderline finalist position, so good luck if you do attempt again, and in the meantime I hope taking a break serves you well. :)
03/18/2021 10:57 pm
Level 28 : Expert Architect
Briceo_
Cyprezz Uknownymous I had two really big questions before i start this build. For one, is there a build size limit to this? It says you can make your own custom island so does that mean it is how big it is supposed to be? And second, I saw something about a treasure hunt as an idea for the theme, does that mean the build has to have a function or challenge or can it simply be for visuals? Thanks!
04/08/2021 7:26 pm
Uknownymous
This is certainly too late for me to respond, but for any future contests, if it doesn't specify a size limit you can go as big as you want! :) If it doesn't say you need it to be functional, you're also completely free to focus entirely on the visuals. Sorry for being much too late to get back to you! I've not been keeping up with my notifications well lately.
03/15/2021 11:49 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Traveling trader
Can i please have emeralds.
03/11/2021 10:29 pmhistory
Level 39 : Artisan Herobrine
LLRedux
Yo ho ho and a bottle o' rum
03/11/2021 9:52 pm
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
AquaStylz86
Hello,

1) I use the 32-bit version of the faithful texture pack. Am I able to upload post-production images using that pack because it is an enhancement of the default or is that something that could get me disqualified?

2) I also want to use a shader pack in my post-production images and cinematic. Is that a disqualifiable feature or will that be acceptable to submit?
03/12/2021 9:51 amhistory
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
We haven't disqualified renders / post production / shader images in other build contests. It's pretty standard practice to showcase builds with a few renders / enhanced shots before displaying in-game "normal" screenshots. I think as long as the majority of your screenshots are taken with the default pack, it's fine.

We have the rule because some resource packs REALLY change the game including custom models, we're trying to keep a level playing ground and judges should see your build without having to mentally subtract any potential impact of a custom resource pack.

I recommend captioning your renders / post production shots and limiting to 1-3. If for some reason they do go too far, we wouldn't DQ, just require removal of the shots. It doesn't sound like that will be necessary.
03/12/2021 10:34 am
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
AquaStylz86
Thank You
03/07/2021 3:01 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Birb
LugiaGal-
I am probably going to do something simple, because I am too busy with other things to be able to do something like a town.
03/07/2021 3:26 pm
Uknownymous
That works; it may be a competition, but there are participation trophies too so it's not really much different from a community event in that regard. :D Feel free to do as much or as little as you have the time and want for, and good luck. :)
03/05/2021 10:39 am
Level 39 : Artisan Strawberry
Arthur_cds
IS using datapacks for decoration allowed?
03/06/2021 2:21 pm
Uknownymous
Like Jim said, it's generally forbidden as the maps will be judged in vanilla Minecraft, without mods or datapacks - you can use them to make it easier for you in the building process though, so long as there's still skill involved on your part and what they add doesn't disappear without the datapack. :)
03/06/2021 11:34 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
JimTheGamer16
No I think it's forbidden
03/04/2021 9:54 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Procrastinator
Hajimbo
i should have asked this before i started buiding, but can i build flying things? steampunk-like. i got too absorbed in building those that i forgot if its acceptable or not
03/06/2021 2:18 pm
Uknownymous
If you make sure the flying things are still relevant to the pirate theme, then feel free to! :)
03/06/2021 3:56 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Procrastinator
Hajimbo
damn i really messed up big time. finger-crossed the thing im building is related to the pirate theme and the judges would allow it. just in case you're wondering, im building steampunk (i think) fantasy like "pirate" haven and i didnt include any island. i hope the lore i will be writing would interest them
03/06/2021 4:32 pm
Uknownymous
If you give enough lore basis it can definitely help, and there are even options like trying to include more pirate themed aspects in the details, like pirate flags on the steampunk ships, right? :)
03/04/2021 8:32 am
Level 34 : Artisan Skinner
DodgeVader66
"You should never underestimate the cunning of a pirate, or a fox for that matter" -Foxy
03/04/2021 8:16 am
Level 35 : Artisan Fox
3kh0_
Why can I not vote? This is what is says:

You have until 2 days from now to cast your vote.

03/04/2021 8:29 am
Level 47 : Master Fish
Flashbulb
Just reload the page, works for me
03/04/2021 8:56 am
Level 35 : Artisan Fox
3kh0_
oh thanks!
03/04/2021 8:02 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
i voted for shiver me timbers
03/03/2021 8:36 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
Theotmt
If you want a much more realistic or historical build instead of works of fiction and imagination, I'd recommend checking out Port royal, Jamaica, a real life pirate - sin city that sunk after an earthquake.
03/06/2021 5:42 am
Dukette
Another great place is Nassau. (Pictures from black sails are fine, but not really truly historically accurate).

There's less good drawings of what Nassau looked like, since it was a pirate city that was easily taken down and was in constant war

against England.

It's still worth a look, though!
03/07/2021 1:32 am
Theotmt
yes, It is a good place too :)
03/03/2021 8:39 pmhistory
Theotmt
Spoilers, there ain't many images out of the city before it sank, unfortunately, but most of the buildings follow a Mediterranean - medieval-esque style from what I can make out
03/03/2021 4:25 pm
Level 43 : Master Witch
dawnosaur
aaaaargggghhhhh!!
03/03/2021 10:41 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Theorist
Chimerabot
wocc the plancc
03/02/2021 5:05 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
Boom Beach intensifies
03/01/2021 2:23 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Fish
FmWild
Why the treasure map looks like a GIANT MONKE?!
03/02/2021 7:40 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
HARAMBE!
03/02/2021 8:59 am
Level 25 : Expert Pixel Painter
Imaguy121
HARAMBE IS PIRATE MONKE!?
03/02/2021 4:31 am
Uknownymous
Huh, honestly, you're right. The treasure map looks like a huge gorilla. That's an amusing coincidence.
03/02/2021 11:19 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
ImYourFwend_
That's weird.
03/02/2021 11:29 pm
Uknownymous
Yeah, I suppose it is, but it's also kinda cool.
03/03/2021 11:20 am
Level 26 : Expert Creeper
MandaL0rian
The Quest For the Treasure of The Big Fat Gorilla
03/03/2021 11:45 am
Uknownymous
That is an excellent quest. The treasure of the big fat gorilla must be uncovered.
03/02/2021 5:43 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Airyd
Can i Uplaod my Speedrun on youtube? im realy intersted on this challange
www.youtube.com/channel/UCDMHbaamPEDVoJGzn4Pxz3g
03/02/2021 8:34 pm
Uknownymous
You can upload a timelapse of your build to YouTube and attach the link of it to your submission's media when you upload it, while still marking it as an entry for the contest; that could work. :)
03/02/2021 8:16 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
clonecommanderbossk
Fire away!
03/01/2021 9:31 pm
Level 47 : Master Wisp
Whispearl
The one contest that I seriously actually considered joining except it's a map contest :P
Looking forward to seeing how this one goes for everyone!
03/02/2021 4:30 amhistory
Uknownymous
While it is a map contest, you're free to make a pirate skin or two or more without entering the contest nonetheless, right? :) It can still be created and shared like any normal submission outside of a contest as an honorary pirate themed skin and I'm curious to see how it would go.
03/01/2021 9:55 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
Join it!!!
03/01/2021 12:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Procrastinator
GreenPaste
Why is my profile picture having a seizure while I type?
03/01/2021 1:28 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
Imagine your profile picture is talking as you type. Ever seen South Park? I see the Canadian characters in South Park :P
03/01/2021 1:30 pm
Level 47 : Master Procrastinator
GreenPaste
lmao
03/01/2021 12:46 pm
Level 45 : Master Lad
TheVid
call the doctor
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com