One dark and stormy night... I made a story contest! (Finish the story contest Round 1)

-Rae- deactivated's Avatar -Rae- deactivated5/13/19 11:58 am history
6/5/2019 2:19 pm
-Rae- deactivated's Avatar -Rae- deactivated
Who wants to play a game?
I know I do. A storytelling game!

~~NOTICE~~
This contest is no longer accepting entries.

Gameplay:
I'll write a paragraph or two and then you guys have to finish the story. Try not to write too much, and do your best to wrap up the story nicely. There will be three rounds.

Rules:

One entry per person.

No profanities.

I'm not against teams, just make sure to credit everybody who worked on it.

You can PM the link to your entries to me, -Rae- deactivated, but please write them as a blog.

There will only be one winner.

The deadline is 6/5/19

Have fun! This is for fun after all.

Prize:

1st Prize:
Art done by me of one character of your choice, and a special trophy made by me.

Participants: A participation trophy made by me.

And now for the story:

  Blessings come in many shapes and sizes. An abandoned dollar bill on the ground means the world to a beggar. A warm home and two loving parents are more than an orphaned child could hope for. And the little ball of fur huddled on my doorstep would come to mean the world to me.
  The day he arrived it was a stormy one. The radio had been spewing flood warnings at me all morning, and I'd been hard at work doing as much as I could to stop my leaky basement from flooding again. I was taking a break for lunch when I heard something scrabbling at the door. It didn't sound like a person, anyone in their right minds would have just knocked, and whatever was outside my front door was scratching at it trying to get in. I cracked open the door to see who or what it was and a little fuzzy puppy fell through the opening. He was shivering and dripping all over the floor. He looked up at me and I knew...
-Rae- deactivated
Level 36 : Artisan Sheep

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/03/2019 8:52 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
walk
is it over
06/04/2019 9:09 am
-Rae- deactivated
Nope! You have One day to submit your entry!
06/04/2019 10:55 am
walk
mine is like rlly long and sad
06/04/2019 1:33 pmhistory
-Rae- deactivated
The only thing was that you're not supposed to change the part I wrote. It's fine this time because I didn't really specify that, but just for the future, you're not supposed to do that. :)
06/04/2019 2:00 pm
walk
oh sorry :L oops
06/04/2019 1:31 pm
-Rae- deactivated
That's fine! I read it and it looks great!
06/02/2019 7:08 pm
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
GoggleD0GG
06/04/2019 9:14 am
-Rae- deactivated
Looks awesome!
06/02/2019 6:56 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Skinner
KaiserJacobII
Blessings come in many shapes and sizes. An abandoned dollar bill on the ground means the world to a beggar. A warm home and two loving parents are more than an orphaned child could hope for. And the little ball of fur huddled on my doorstep would come to mean the world to me.

  The day he arrived it was a stormy one. The radio had been spewing flood warnings at me all morning, and I'd been hard at work doing as much as I could to stop my leaky basement from flooding again. I was taking a break for lunch when I heard something scrabbling at the door. It didn't sound like a person, anyone in their right minds would have just knocked, and whatever was outside my front door was scratching at it trying to get in. I cracked open the door to see who or what it was and a little fuzzy puppy fell through the opening. He was shivering and dripping all over the floor. He looked up at me and I knew that I had to help the poor guy. I checked his neck and found nothing but a small name tag. The bronze, metal bone on his neck had the name Kaiser and nothing else. His golden fur was warm to the touch, but he still shivered slightly.

“Right... Let’s get you warmed up, eh?” I comforted as I lifted the small dog into my arms. He shivered as it took him towards my bedroom. He looked up at me with those dough brown eyes I later came to love, as I placed him on my heated blanket. He fell asleep slowly as I made some calls, trying to find his owner but I found nothing. Our community is tight-knit, and I thought someone would have known something about a lost puppy.

A few weeks passed by and the flooding subsided. Still no notice on a lost puppy, not in our town or the nearby towns. I went into the local shelter and registered for adoption. I still don’t know where Kaiser came from, or why he choose me, but I am blessed to have him in my life.
06/04/2019 9:17 am
-Rae- deactivated
That looks great! I'll put you down in the book.
06/02/2019 6:19 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pirate
SuperLuigi77
Can I join?
06/04/2019 9:18 am
-Rae- deactivated
Yeah, of course! Just remember that I need the submission by tomorrow.
06/04/2019 2:35 pm
SuperLuigi77
Aye, I will send my story on here today. :D
06/04/2019 3:30 pm
SuperLuigi77
Ahoy!! I finished with my story. Sorry, I got carryed away. :D
06/05/2019 2:19 pm
-Rae- deactivated
That's fine!
05/22/2019 5:08 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
JamesTDG
not a lot of time I had so here is a complete beginning:

  The day he arrived it was a stormy one. The radio had been spewing flood warnings at me all morning, and I'd been hard at work doing as much as I could to stop my leaky basement from flooding again. I was taking a break for lunch when I heard something scrabbling at the door. It didn't sound like a person, anyone in their right mind would have just knocked, and whatever was outside my front door was scratching at it trying to get in. I cracked open the door to see who or what it was and a little fuzzy puppy fell through the opening. He was shivering and dripping all over the floor. He looked up at me and I knew he would be a keeper. So, I took him in, cleaned off his shivery body and he decided to dry off near the furnace then took a little nap. Man he was just laying there keeping warm, just a cute little fella, I decided to give him a little scratch behind his ear as he loved it.
05/22/2019 7:39 pm
-Rae- deactivated
Great! I'll add you to the list.
05/22/2019 7:55 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
JamesTDG
oh, ok, cant believe how simple that was
05/22/2019 8:40 pm
-Rae- deactivated
More of a creative writing prompt than a contest really, but with a prize.
plus no one's joining so I'll accept anything at this point
05/22/2019 8:39 pm
-Rae- deactivated
:) yeah, it's not too hard
05/13/2019 4:05 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
What's your deadline? 😅
05/14/2019 10:01 amhistory
-Rae- deactivated
Ooh! Good question. I kinda forgot to put that, huh? The deadline will be 5/21/19
05/13/2019 1:13 pm
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
... and the puppy is evil and the guy gets eaten, the end
05/13/2019 1:46 pm
-Rae- deactivated
Also, that is a pretty funny ending.
05/13/2019 1:46 pm
-Rae- deactivated
Oh wow. Is that your real entry or...? Just a little confused??? XD