Pairings, Palettes and Paragraphs

Masq's Avatar Masq9/11/15 4:03 pm
9/21/2015 6:28 pm
Masq's Avatar Masq
Hey everyone. Now, we've all become accustomed to the likes of PBL and LoST (both awesome competitions in there own right) and I feel like the divide between skinners and bloggers is something that needs to change on the site. I, with an injection of ideas from DragonsDungeon and Zatharel, have devised a little something I'm referring to as:

Pairings, Palettes and Paragraphs

Battle Information
Pairings.
8 bloggers and 8 skinners will be needed for this competition. After each round, the pairings will be randomly reshuffled for the sake of fairness, equality and to try and stop much communication regarding the brief between each pair.

Palettes.
Round 1 of the competition is set to work as follows:
The 8 skinners that have entered the competition will be asked to PM me a palette they have made to be used by a blogger. I will forward this palette to their respective blogging partner (neither of them knowing who they are teamed up with at the time) and then it is up to them to try and create a skin from the palette offered.

The pairings will be unannounced until the end of the round when all entries have been made. Limited feedback can be offered for each submission, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and snoop out the person who made your palette, and try and ask them for advice - this competition will run far more fairly in this way.

Polls made, and bracket updated: if all goes to plan, there should be four winning pairings. These will be reshuffled ahead of the next round:

Paragraphs.
Round 2 of the competition (where only 4 pairings remain):
The remaining 4 bloggers will be given a theme, and asked to write a finite number of paragraphs to be PMd to me. These will then, anonymously, be forwarded to the respective skinning partners for this round.

Just like "Palettes", the skinners will then have to finish the blog without asking feedback from their partners. (Of course, I can't keep a cap on this, but if any foul play is suspected, it counts as an automatic disqualification).

This will leave just 2 remaining competitors to battle it out in a special Finale round which will be announced nearer the time.

Notes
Please don't try to overtly help your partner for the week - I've tried to curb any advantages with the randomisation of palettes/paragraphs, and anonymity of pairings. Limited advice and guidance is acceptable - physically showing bloggers where to put pixels, or bloggers giving skinners sentences will result in a DQ.

Palette and paragraph restrictions, themes and the like will be announced when the weeks draw by and the competition is up and running.

It would help if you had some sort of experience in the making of palettes, or writing stories to enter this competition - a level (or as close to) playing field would be nice.

Prizes:
1st, 2nd and 3rd will all receive pixel trophies, a blogging collaboration with me (if they want!) and perhaps some other things if people have any ideas!

Steam games ... maybe?

Competitors
Bloggers
Camarilla
AkirAssasin
Master G

Skinners
zRav
Gab_Cab
PrinceKan

Bracket
Will be updated when competitors have been announced.

Good luck, and have fun!

Masq
Retired Moderator
Level 39 : Artisan Dolphin