RAFFLE | PMC 10 Year Anniversary Eventlocal_play

114 emeralds216 replies1,838 views
PMC started 11/08/2020 7:00 am history
pf_Anze replied 11/14/2020 1:53 am

It's a Birthday RAFFLE! And we have some fun prizes up for grabs!

The rules are simple:

In the comment section, share your favorite PMC Memory, or what you love about PMC the most! Perhaps you met a friend, or maybe you love movie nights! You might remember your first diamond. Tell us your story!

Your response must be at least 1 sentence. Really short sentences or 1-word replies will not be accepted. This thread isn't just about entering a raffle, but also about reflecting and being part of a fun discussion!

The Prizes are as follows:

Clay Minecraft figures sculpted and painted by PMC:

An ORIGINAL PMC T-Shirt Signed by Cyprezz
$50 Steam Credit

Raffle Closes on Friday November 13th. Names will be put into a random Name picker tool online, and winners will be chosen the next day, Saturday the 14th and announced in the Weekly! The first name that's chosen, get's first choice on what they want for a prize. Second person gets second choice, etc

...and the winners are

Zaiden Sharp

FishStacks

IgnisOwl

Congratulations! We will be reaching out to each of you!
Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 81 : Elite Cake

216 replies

11/14/2020 1:53 am
Level 1 : New Miner
pf_Anze
Dear PMC
My best memory is I browsed different servers and maps here with my best friend, and he’s gone now. But this website still contains millions of friendship and meaningful memories.
11/13/2020 5:45 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Princess
CaraRose
The best memory on Planet Minecraft for me is every single moment!
I keep my memories in safe and never forget these feelings.
I'm at home now. This place feels like home. It has the best people I've ever met.
They're supportive, kind and just amazing.
I can be inspired and have motivation to create here to make other people happy!
I love this place where I can be myself and be loved for who I am.
So thank you all for being a part of my life! ♡
[Better quality picture (clickable)]
11/13/2020 12:24 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
I love Planet Minecraft because of the sense of community that it has over some other Minecraft fan sites and how it encourages content sharing. Places like the Minecraft subreddit are okay for simply asking a question or posting an interesting screenshot, but on PMC, you can do so much more. Feature other members' content that you like on your profile, mention others on someone else's post to show them something that you think that they may like, stuff like that. Having both a forum and individual content sections also makes things a lot more organized. You can have general discussions in the forum while also showing off content that you made on their own "pages."

I don't know why I only regularly started using PMC a year and a half ago, I should've been on here a lot earlier! I'm jelly of all of the people who have a ton of those fancy profile badges 👀
11/13/2020 9:59 pmhistory
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Imaguy121
So we meet again... Lol hi GeForce
11/13/2020 8:10 am
Level 43 : Master Necromancer
DarkLordKaz
I joined PMC almost eight years ago I think, and it was for the sole purpose of enhancing my Minecraft experience. It has done that and soooo much more. I have over the last couple of years begun the journey of becoming a content creator for the game and the PMC community has show such a tremendous amount of support that it has inspired me to do more.

I can say that without PMC I would not be able to enjoy the creation and sharing of my content as much as I do, so right now everything I do on PMC is a great memory, and I love the community that is here.

So thank you PMC for everything.
11/13/2020 3:33 pm
MSmaug
My first memory of PMC was looking for a skin (like most people), then I found the PMC skin editor, made a decent skin (I was still very young). I got interested in this place again very reccently and I found all the amazing things on here, not just a minecraft skin website, but a great community. I hope that this website doesnt lose the 10 year mojo that it has. Happy 10th year aniversery!
11/13/2020 2:01 pmhistory
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
Lucix
Hello Planet Minecraft Community!

My best memory is when I participated to “Interior Decoration Contest” and I got the Forth Place!
I couldn’t believe!

I have great fun attending PMC and I joined it having very low experience and I have the opportunity to learn a lot from this very valuable community that is producing amazing things.

It is also great to be here during this beautiful celebration, this is another memorable moment!

Happy 10 Years Birthday PMC!
11/12/2020 3:22 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Engineer
Gheppio
It's really incredible how active the PMC community still is after 10 years, and always has been!
I remember when I published my first map here many years ago... It was an adventure map in the style of Indiana Jones, and I wasn't sure if to publish it or not because there were so many entries that I thought that it would've just be ignored! When I did instead, I discovered that people were actually playing and liking it, I received around 10 diamonds (I didn't know even what they were) and comments with feedback!
From that moment I knew that I would've liked staying here, It was fulfilling to build new things and to have also the possibility to share them afterwords, and to enjoy creations of others of course!
For how it's made, Minecraft forces its players to be more creative than what is required from other games, and on so many areas (builds, skins, mods, redstone etc.); that's why it's possible to find, even after 10 years, things that can still surprise us, people actually have to create from their imagination, and that is limitless.
That's why I always came back to PMC, because this is more than a place where we put Minecraft things.
11/13/2020 10:54 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragonborn
RainyAcadia45
I loved making skins on this site, and participating in the competitions that other people hosted.
11/13/2020 10:00 am
Level 30 : Artisan Magical Boy
Jackadope
My favorite memory from pmc is probably the pmc prom. I felt really connected to the community seeing everyone in (virtual) person.
11/13/2020 9:48 am
Level 25 : Expert Architect
ExplorationCraft
I loved it when I roasted all of the admins on the chat section. Then one day I got permanently banned.
11/13/2020 9:44 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Lemon
oliver_
I think i love the community the most. Even back around 2012 this place was still as active as ever and I love PMC for that.
11/13/2020 6:27 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner
KonoD10Da
I'm kinda new so I don't have any, but I think I'll have good memories in the future.
11/12/2020 7:27 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
Zeoinx
Personally, I think the the best memory was the first time I really started to "flex" as a builder, and I was able to spend hours on a map just building really fun castles and other medieval settlements. The allowances of unrestricted creativity in this game is not only a great memory, but hopefully a continued future for a lot of players and future titles to come.
11/12/2020 7:01 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Painter
JamesTDG
I remember starting out on here with my Minecraft skins, they really did help me with doing stuff on a 2D scale afterward, if it were not for this community existing, I might still have bad pixel art and ugly skins.
11/12/2020 8:38 pmhistory
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Imaguy121
Making This account. I don’t remember it that much because this was 2 years ago (time really does fly) anyways I found this cool website call “planet Minecraft” and I would surf it to see all the cool stuff that was on it. The two most notable ones I found were “bare bones” and thaylius medieval warfare (when they were both still a work in progress) I would come here everyday just to browse, look at the epic skins, and make my own skins (they are very bad but I will still keep them up because memories) and then well I just... stopped and now with this pandemic a couple months ago I was like “hey I want to revisit planet Minecraft” and here I am : D

(I retexture skins for the fun of it and I do not publish them the only cases I do publish them is to download them when the download won’t work)

in short my favorite memory’s were watching bare bones and thaylius medieval warfare grow, looking at all the skins (which I still do btw) and lastly be here in this amazing community
11/12/2020 11:06 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Scribe
MrTrash
Probably my favorite memory on this site was when I uploaded Dark Spot - M. You see, I was just uploading it here in case that my hard drive died, but checked back a month later when I had new files to upload, and found that over 100 people had downloaded it! It was an almost magical feeling to know that someone else was using a thing I had made on their Minecraft game, even if it was a relatively small group of people.
11/12/2020 8:01 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Enderdragon
MasterMind_DC
My favorite thing about my time on Planet Minecraft is that, you can interact with your fans of your creation. It's all about the interaction for me and this site has just made that so much more inspiring for me to keep what doing what I've been doing. I've since stopped I've of my projects and I may continue later, but my offer near project is picking up and the interaction from some people is just so warming. I don't care about the diamonds, or the likes. I care about the follows and comments. It improves my work and myself as a person.

I've also got messages from people asking to help with other projects and, one of those offers I did Infact take on. I can't say what or who it is for but, it was sure a pleasure to work with those people and to be a part of the amazing journey!
11/11/2020 2:57 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
_Phantasm
I have many memories I've made on PMC, some good, some bad. I just want to say how much I genuinely love this site. Six and a half years of being here, and I don't think I'd be where I am today without it. The amount of originality, and how the site has strict rules (for a reason, mind you) to keep that originality. The sheer amount of creativity that radiates from these people. The audience your creations can reach. And I think the best part of being here was becoming a chat moderator. I threw in an application during a VERY short time when the moderation team allowed applications on the forum, and I first wanted to be a site mod, but then cranked it down to chat mod since I was, at the time, a lazy coot who didn't want an overload of work.

All in all, I just love PMC. The atmosphere it generates, the amount of people you can make impressions with, it's just staggering. I simply cannot express how much this site has changed me.

Happy 10th anniversary, PMC. And from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
11/11/2020 6:59 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
muck_oily_meanie
I love viewing the server list and seeing the communities people have built.
11/11/2020 8:14 pm
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
IgnisOwl
My favorite PMC memory is browsing servers and just seeing what people have been working on. I also posted a really unrefined mod a few years back that has gotten, in my eyes, a surprising amount of attention lol.
11/11/2020 7:49 pm
inke
what i love about PMC is the creativity of all its members. i'm always finding something i want to favorite and diamond, something i want to try building or a skin i want to use. i also love the little trophies you get every now and then. each and every little thing adds to a joyful experience on PMC. congrats on 10 years PMC here's to many, many more! ♥
11/11/2020 6:53 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Spleefer
Ace_Monkey_Ilium
My memory of PMC is when I first posted my mod on here I used to only get like 50 views on youtube but because I posted it here and people really liked it because I linked it to my video it got like 150 views and I was very thankful to PMC for giving me some good views at the time.
11/11/2020 4:13 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
maker_of_skin
Cool
11/10/2020 9:46 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Enderdragon
SouthDakotaGirl
I have have so many great memories on PMC, I came back at the perfect time.

It's really easy to choose my favorite one...

Here's a bonus memory because I just laugh every time I think about it. Idk if anyone else will find it funny.

Also I really want to mention one of the best things on PMC

Anyone else realize it ends on Friday the 13th. :P
11/12/2020 11:06 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Scribe
MrTrash
Spooky
11/10/2020 10:33 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior
Jonathandes
Bad luck :P
11/11/2020 8:20 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
Theotmt
oh boy, its about to get spoopy (other than october that is)
11/11/2020 8:51 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
EverythingCovered
My fav PMC memory, even though i'm new, is haveing fun creating maps for the website, and seeing what people have to say about them!
11/11/2020 7:55 pm
Level 42 : Master Magical Boy
spicy_pumpkin
I've been on this site for a very long time. I haven't really made any friends due to my social anxiety, but either way the community here is wonderful and very welcoming. I attended the PMC Awards in 2015, which was the first ever event I attended in Minecraft. It was really fun from what I remember, and I remember being amazed to see other skin creators I looked up to there and to have gotten screenshots with them.
Another thing is the first and only Finalist skin I got in a skin contest (also in 2015). I remember when I got that I was very proud of myself, since I don't think I'm very good at making skins.
Quite honestly my memory is horrible, I know there are a handful of other good things that happened on this site, but I can't recall enough detail to include them.
Happy 10th Anniversary! I can't believe I've been on here for 7 years, and this site has only gotten better.
11/11/2020 5:57 am
Level 40 : Master Button Pusher
Nixel
What I love the most about PMC is how it motivates people to be creative. I've never really been much of a multiplayer gamer, but PMC makes it possible to still show my work to others and to admire what others have made themselves. The feeling of seeing the views and downloads go up on something I made is wonderful, the feeling I get from the nice comments even more so, and to me this site will always be associated with those feelings.
11/11/2020 7:25 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Architect
The Voyde
My favorite PMC memory would be our very first upload. Looking back on it now it was a really bad build, which is partially because of the blocks available in that version. Even though it's very old, and has nothing to do with what we're currently making, it was very fun to get something shared with the community.
11/10/2020 11:25 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
My favorite memory has to be winning the Life of Steve contest. I've always loved writing, but I've never won anything from it before. It was so exciting to get my spider plushie in the mail. :)

Honorable mentions:

- Getting invited to the chatroom via PM by Paril before I was a mod and realizing the chatroom exists.
- Getting promoted to Forum Mod and getting to meet the staff team for the first time.
- Becoming close friends with Palaeos at some point. :)
11/10/2020 10:32 pm
Jonathandes
My favorite chat moderator!!
11/11/2020 3:38 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
Pigs_are_Gr8-Java
My memory of PMC is when I decided to create a skin and it was really good however a moderator said it was spam. This kept happening again and again then I miss clicked meaning I added a dot and uploaded and I got a diamond the moment I saw it!
11/11/2020 2:59 pm
Level 40 : Master Wisp
Bowmanimmortal
My first hate comment was by someone who had no skins posted, on a skin. I thought it was funny but in all honesty that skin was terrible.
11/11/2020 12:19 pmhistory
Level 10 : Journeyman Ranger
Jozum5
my favorite part was being able to hang out wit my friends and see what everyone made. and to also have ideas of my own
11/11/2020 11:18 amhistory
Level 35 : Artisan Robot
HarvieWillz
PMC to me is great, I love viewing everything the community makes and taking part in events when I can, I love that it brings people to heather and that I’ve met people because of it. My favourite memory so far is the movie night, being in a vc with friends I made because of the site and just having fun really made me happy, I’ve been on the site since near the start and had an account for almost five years now, I look forward to the future of the site.
11/11/2020 10:14 am
NATHAFOX
The thing I love about PMC is that I just need to come around here to be able to see all the greatest minecraft skins in the world made from the best artists around that loves to do what they do!
11/11/2020 9:50 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
Yeazzal
I have fond memories of staying up late opening what seemed like hundreds of tabs downloading so many skins that I wanted (and I haven't worn them all yet!)
11/11/2020 9:40 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Crazychicken121
My Favorite part of PMC is being able to create my own stuff
11/11/2020 12:09 am
TheShadowLord21
My Favorite part of PMC is being able to create my own skins.
11/11/2020 10:19 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
WisconsinCat
Same.
Seeing all those great skins and wondering how they mix colors and shades so well is amazing.
11/11/2020 12:52 am
Cpl_ghost
Me to
11/11/2020 8:23 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Robot
WHS2003
Favourite memory would be playing the Hypixel maps when they came out.
11/11/2020 8:21 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
Pleasent_
There are many things, the best being the community, nobody here is toxic or hateful and you will always receive positive feedback from people, my first build I submitted got lots of positive feedback and it inspired me to start building in a grander style and it has improved on my building in general, but mostly it was so satisfiying to see people who enjoy your build and say it too.
11/11/2020 8:17 amhistory
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
Theotmt
my memory is....

I made my entire PMC account due to a mod i love, that is call to battle 2, I liked it soo much, I actually created an account you now see, because i just wanted to tell a glitch in the server, i have moved on and started to create maps nowadays
11/11/2020 7:47 am
Level 35 : Artisan Architect
Zaiden Sharp
My favorite memory from PMC is being able to have a good place to upload maps that I may make, and get feedback on the progress to make my maps better. Really looking forward to seeing what comes from PMC in the future.
11/10/2020 8:52 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Viethumb
I think one of my favorite memories on Planet Minecraft is from around 2014, when I was having a debate with a guy in some comment section, and he ended it with "I hope I never see you again." Turned out that we played on the same server, and then we became good friends! I'm still friends with him today, actually.

Good luck all!
11/10/2020 7:57 pm
Level 25 : Expert Pokemon
BlossomBoop
My favorite memories of PMC are of making my profile look exactly how I want, and people commenting about how they like the design.
I love that I'm able to personalize my page because it gives people an idea of who I am and what I'm interested in.
I've also had a lot of conversations with people I might not have about how to design a good page.
Overall, I love how I'm able to express myself not only through submissions, but also my page and wall posts etc.
Happy 10 years! I've had an account for 3 of them, but I've used PMC for skins for years before that :D

Good luck to everyone who enters, and remember to be kind and accepting if you don't win <3
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2021
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome