The Writing Contest - Season 1

AsianMim's Avatar AsianMim8/7/18 11:38 pm history
8/17/2018 4:13 pm
MrSerr's Avatar MrSerr

The Rules

This content is edited from Chiaroscuro's Contest. The banner was also made by him!
Welcome to the first round of my contest! This competition will follow an almost-traditional tournament-style bracket with 4 rounds. In this round, ( TBD ) writers will be eliminated. The general rules are as follows:

1. Entries are due at 12:00 pm EST on 25 August, 2018. No late entries will be accepted*, however if all contestants submit their entries early, judging and the next round will begin early.
  2. Entries must be exclusively yours. No collaboration is allowed.
  3. Whether you advance to the next round of competition is determined solely by the judges. The amount of diamonds or favorites on your submission will not count toward your chance of moving on.
  4. This round requires the submission of a short story of 500-5,000 words in prose. Please leave a word count somewhere on your submission. Link your submission in the comments of this post.
  5. Only the text of your story will be judged. Any visuals you use will not be judged, though they will be appreciated.
  6. All submissions must be in the form of a blog post linked in a comment on this forum post before the deadline.
The Challenge
The challenge for the first round is “A Trip”. So the theme is A Trip, for summer! Even tho summer
is ending, I Hope you enjoy this challenge!!!

The Contestants
To Enter: Just Post your story and add the tag
"VaKs1r1"
The writers of this first season (in no particular order) are:

Inspirinq
grxnt

The Judging
This season will be judged by myself and ( TBD ). The breakdown of the judging is as follows:

Originality – Make your stories new and interesting! I want to see you think outside the box, present plots in unexpected ways, write something I’ve not read before.

Quality – Write well and present clearly. Proofread your entries!

Cohesion – Organize your thoughts and finish your stories. Make sure that your story is a complete package as-is, without the need for “Part 2” or other accessories.

Let me know if you would like my in-depth feedback of your work and I will PM my thoughts to you. However, keep in mind that my writing is not perfect and I judge from my perspective as a reader and writer.

If you missed the entry for this contest and would like to participate in a future one, let me know and I’ll be sure to contact you when the next one happens.

Good luck writers!

*If you need more time than is currently allowed, contact me and suggest a new end date. A majority of the writers in the competition must agree to your extension in order for it to be valid.
AsianMim
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner