Vote for the Minecraft PROJECT Contest Theme for this February!

PMC's Avatar PMC1/26/19 6:14 pm history
27 emeralds 2.1k 33
2/2/2019 8:51 pm
busterdogtnt's Avatar busterdogtnt
It feels like forever since our last Minecraft Project contest ended! It's now time to choose a theme for next month's map contest. You don't have to enter to vote on a theme you'd like to see builders challenged with.

Read over each of the ideas, make sure you understand what they are before voting. Remember, vote for the one you like the best, not the one you think is going to win!

Feel free to campaign
for what you hope wins in the comments or on your wall!

Underwater Wonders [ open theme ]
A tribute to the amazing Minecraft Aquatic Update, build an underwater wonder. What you build is completely up to you but it needs to be... under the water. Round up your dolphin pals, you're going to need the oxygen.

Nature Walk [ inspiration ]
Take or in this case, make a walk through nature. Lush, peaceful, wildlife, babbling brooks, intricate scenes of beauty that only mother nature does effortlessly. You can do it too but it's going to take some effort! Let's go on your walk through nature.

Preserving World Heritage Properties [ builds ]
We spend so much time in virtual and fantasy worlds that we can forget all of the amazing properties in our real world. For this contest, you'll choose a property from the UNESCO World Heritage List and dedicate a project build to it. With over a thousand properties to choose from, your bound to find one that peaks your interest and we'll all share what we learn through Minecraft!

Pirate Treasure Adventure [ adventure | mini-game ]
Arrgg! We'll give you an island starter map and let you focus on adding the adventure into it. Leave a chain of clues, build land marks, setup traps, bury treasure and challenge the community with adventure they'll tell their grand kids, grand kids!; or at least diamond your entry.

Interior Decorators [ building w/ starter map ]
You'll be provided with a required starter map that includes an empty 2 story home with a basement, 2 car garage and a defined outdoor empty property line. For this contest, your focus is to decorate and detail the home and designated property by using vanilla Minecraft blocks in creative ways. Impress the community with your eye for detail & clever combinations of common blocks to design detailed rooms, vehicles, landscaping and more.

Shape the World | Episode 1 [ open theme | terraforming ]
Ever wanted to be a god of all creation and block heads? If the answer is yes, then maybe you've also imagined creating your own personal paradise, garden of life, the world to top all worlds!!! Your goal is to make a world that shows us what you'd do with limitless freedom of creation... and knowing that your map will be inhabited by life in Episode 2 of this theme.

Theatrical Scene [ inspiration ]
As a theater director you are responsible for presenting a scene to your audience. Create a build that captures a scene rich in emotion and complexity with actors in an environment you've carefully crafted. Set the stage and immortalize a scene in Minecraft. You are free to recreate a scene from an opera, musical, book, movie, cartoon, etc.

Starter Maps [ templates ]
Build a map with the intention of having others download and use it as a starting point for their own creativity. Whether it's a beautiful terraformed island, a walled village without the village, or module components to aid the creation of a more complex creation... your goal is to create a starter map.

Watercraft [ builds ]
A mode of transportation build contest focused on vehicles that travel on or through water. Vehicle can based in reality or purely your imagination. Yachts, cruise liners, submarines, pirate ships, dolphin rides, sail boats, tubs, arm floaties? and splishy splash watercrafts.

World of Color [ palette challenge ]
This project challenge will have you building primarily with blocks that match shades of one color! We'll provide 6 color palette options along with an example palette of blocks. You'll choose one to focus on but are free to expand the palette within reason. Building with shades of one color might sound boring, restrictive or even colorless but you may find the challenge results in creating strange and wonderful worlds! What you do with your color will decide the fate of our universe. It's that real.

This poll will run for one week. Get your votes in!

Information on past contests and all of their participants can be found here! https://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/

Poll ended 02/02/2019 6:14 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/02/2019 8:51 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
Tie lol
02/01/2019 11:34 pm
Level 41 : Master Architect
OrangeCats
Nature Walk!
02/01/2019 9:38 am
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
Fino_MC
I'd love to build one of my country's Unesco protected monuments!
01/31/2019 4:10 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice System
Psyclone_BRUH
Watercraft
01/31/2019 3:27 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
Albertstuff
Starter maps because they are easier to build
01/30/2019 1:58 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
BLVCK_architecture
interior decorator PLEASEEEE
01/30/2019 10:10 am
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
Watercraft
01/30/2019 12:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert uwu
Frug_go
I might give it a shot if it's world of color.
01/30/2019 10:07 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
Sir_Arzie
World of color i like chromatic color builds.
01/29/2019 10:39 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
I would love to see a challenge like Pirate Treasure Adventure that requires more than just terraforming or worldedit to make! It would be great to see the commands and mechanics we use!
01/29/2019 2:40 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragon
MarkSarmite
Watercraft or Underwater Wonders!
01/28/2019 6:33 pm
Level 20 : Expert Spelunker
Kwaysar
Definitely gonna try out for watercrafts, even though I've never done them before. However, I also wanna see interior decors win since this is my strength in building.
01/29/2019 7:27 am
Level 36 : Artisan Sheep
-Rae- deactivated
I think Nature Walk would be a ton of fun! I'm pretty good at stuff like that, and it would be a chance to experiment with the new water mechanics, try out a few path ideas, and things like that! I could even try my hand at terraforming!
01/28/2019 2:20 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
gonell
ooo. world heritage definitely! ^ ^
01/28/2019 1:00 pmhistory
Level 46 : Master Architect
Tlatoani
World Heritage would be a very interesting contest, there's a whole lot of different sites to recreate!
01/28/2019 7:42 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Can I choose all of them? :'D They're all so cool!
01/28/2019 2:45 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
creeper2357
For world heritage sites, would we be able to choose something on their tentative lists or is it limited to the official one?
01/28/2019 2:10 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
BLVCK_architecture
interior decoration
01/27/2019 10:34 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I voted interior decorator, because I like building interior and it would be a contest I could actually have a chance in.
01/27/2019 1:24 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Jinzha
I love the World Heritage concept. It can make for a very varied contest with something in it for everyone.
01/27/2019 3:24 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
The world heritage contest sounds really cool!I would love to see them rebuilt in Minecraft, just as another proof that the blockiness only makes the builds look more interesting!
01/27/2019 5:41 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Sailor
CreeperCraftCity
Watercraft!
We have to worship the ships :D
01/27/2019 12:52 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
I am so excited for Nature Walk!
So hard to get great looking organics
Be a fun challenge
Bring it on :D
01/27/2019 1:39 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
FishyBusiness
Watercraft sounds awesome!
01/27/2019 5:52 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Engineer
_Alexius_
Watercraft it is!! :D
01/27/2019 1:57 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Flayflay
world of color BB
01/26/2019 11:37 pm
Level 46 : Master Robot
Koemcrete
I guess watercraft or interior decoration are cool
01/26/2019 9:55 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Nether Knight
Blaciate100C
I👏want👏Interier👏Decorator👏.
01/26/2019 6:16 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
underwater, or nature walk.
they're both appealing to me personally.
01/26/2019 7:25 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
Shape the world
01/26/2019 6:38 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Spleefer
LittlePotato
Underwater wonders!
01/26/2019 8:36 pm
Level 21 : Expert Zombie
Lilac The Dark Latex
Oof...
I'm torn between starter maps and world of color...
01/26/2019 6:44 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Starter maps
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome