Vote for the Minecraft PROJECT Contest Theme for March! 3 Day Poll!

PMC's Avatar PMC3/2/19 1:30 pm history
23 emeralds 1.2k 16
3/4/2019 6:22 pm
Lemilas's Avatar Lemilas
Heyo! It's project poll time! We are squishing the poll deadline to only 3 days! Get your votes in meow!

Read over each of the ideas, make sure you understand what they are before voting. Remember, vote for the one you like the best, not the one you think is going to win!

Feel free to campaign
for what you hope wins in the comments or on your wall!

Underwater Wonders [ open theme ]
A tribute to the amazing Minecraft Aquatic Update, build an underwater wonder. What you build is completely up to you but it needs to be... under the water. Round up your dolphin pals, you're going to need the oxygen.

Nature Walk [ inspiration ]
Take or in this case, make a walk through nature. Lush, peaceful, wildlife, babbling brooks, intricate scenes of beauty that only mother nature does effortlessly. You can do it too but it's going to take some effort! Let's go on your walk through nature.

Preserving World Heritage Properties [ builds ]
We spend so much time in virtual and fantasy worlds that we can forget all of the amazing properties in our real world. For this contest, you'll choose a property from the UNESCO World Heritage List and dedicate a project build to it. With over a thousand properties to choose from, your bound to find one that peaks your interest and we'll all share what we learn through Minecraft!

Pirate Treasure Adventure [ adventure | mini-game ]
Arrgg! We'll give you an island starter map and let you focus on adding the adventure into it. Leave a chain of clues, build land marks, setup traps, bury treasure and challenge the community with adventure they'll tell their grand kids, grand kids!; or at least diamond your entry.

Interior Decorators [ building w/ starter map ]
You'll be provided with a required starter map that includes an empty 2 story home with a basement, 2 car garage and a defined outdoor empty property line. For this contest, your focus is to decorate and detail the home and designated property by using vanilla Minecraft blocks in creative ways. Impress the community with your eye for detail & clever combinations of common blocks to design detailed rooms, vehicles, landscaping and more.

Shape the World | Episode 1 [ open theme | terraforming ]
Ever wanted to be a god of all creation and block heads? If the answer is yes, then maybe you've also imagined creating your own personal paradise, garden of life, the world to top all worlds!!! Your goal is to make a world that shows us what you'd do with limitless freedom of creation... and knowing that your map will be inhabited by life in Episode 2 of this theme.

Theatrical Scene [ inspiration ]
As a theater director you are responsible for presenting a scene to your audience. Create a build that captures a scene rich in emotion and complexity with actors in an environment you've carefully crafted. Set the stage and immortalize a scene in Minecraft. You are free to recreate a scene from an opera, musical, book, movie, cartoon, etc.

Starter Maps [ templates ]
Build a map with the intention of having others download and use it as a starting point for their own creativity. Whether it's a beautiful terraformed island, a walled village without the village, or module components to aid the creation of a more complex creation... your goal is to create a starter map.

Aircraft [ builds ]
A mode of transportation build contest focused on vehicles that travel through air. Please don't confuse this theme with spacecraft which may become a poll option in the future. Vehicle can based in reality or purely from your creative imagination. Airplanes, fighter jets, ultralights, gliders, airships, helicopters, business jets, military planes and more. As long as your vehicle is meant to fly in the atmosphere, it's game.

World of Color [ palette challenge ]
This project challenge will have you building primarily with blocks that match shades of one color! We'll provide 6 color palette options along with an example palette of blocks. You'll choose one to focus on but are free to expand the palette within reason. Building with shades of one color might sound boring, restrictive or even colorless but you may find the challenge results in creating strange and wonderful worlds! What you do with your color will decide the fate of our universe. It's that real.

This poll will run for 3 days only! Get your votes in!

Information on past contests and all of their participants can be found here! https://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/

Poll ended 03/05/2019 1:30 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake