That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev replied 8/3/2021 12:16 pm

Greetings everyone
Welcome to Talltale

banner by MoltenONI

Talltale is not a story.
Talltale is an Art Event
All our Tales are true
let me explain

Talltale is an interactive narrative, at The end of each chapter the community will be able to vote on what happens next
That is not where we begin, however.

you, the viewer, will be creating the cast
post a character below to enter
(Explained below)

The Art Portion of Talltale
Talltale may not be a story
but it still needs characters

AND YOU CAN MAKE THEM
just like the rest of talltale, the characters are entirely up to you

To enter, Draw an original and new character that fits the world and one of the three character prompts!
Skins are welcome as well

Few Rules Though

No op characters.
Characters must be human.
NO INNAPROPRIATE CONTENT (hopefully obvious)
Must fit into a modern real world setting.
All characters must be made specifically for this to avoid people entering personas or elsewhere used ocs

ONTO THE PROMPTS
We need three human characters

An artist, A strong character (willed, emotionally, buff, up to you) And (of course) a gamer.

PLEASE INCLUDE A CHARACTER BIO
(Personality, Likes, Dislikes, Hobbys, and Flaws)

note: these characters will not know each other before the events of Talltale
if we find issue with any promising characters, we will contact you to help work it out

characters that are not chosen may appear elsewhere if the plot allows, however this is rather unlikely
if a character has multiple entries, we recommend a less entered one

OTHER CHARACTER OPTIONS
if there are many entries for the humans, you can also design a monster or strange creature!
feel free to send multiple, but only a few will make their way in

no limits other than common sense here, nothing inappropriate or overly disgusting
Go wild with the design
we mean that
But don’t be too op lol

Bios are encouraged but not required for these

monsters are more likely to find their way into future events

CHARACTER ENTRYS ALL DUE BY 8/7/21
Monsters can be entered anytime the event is running

Their fate rests on you.
At the end of each chapter, you will be given a choice
Choose wisely.

More information is available on request.
When your art has been chosen, you will be notified.
To increase an entry’s chances, please emerald the reply. This is not final, but will be taken into consideration.

Banner by ChickenPants93

Talltale
By ChickenPants93
and MoltenONI

Posted by avatar
chickenpants93
Level 49 : Master Birb

Create an account or sign in to comment.

116 replies

08/03/2021 1:19 am
Level 21 : Expert uwu
Mxple_Starz
Mxple_Starz avatar
hello I am a greedy little shizzle so I made another human submission
https://postimg.cc/2bLfnN8L
Aaron Cliff, Gamer role, known as Radio_ActiveMT (MT stands for MeTube, why I made off branding, dunno)
Key parts of design because its hard to tell: Headset around neck, that connects to phone
Own merch around waist
Backpack, with buckles

Sexuality: Questioning
Height- 5 feet 3 inches, short for his age
Age- 16, hasn't revealed to the world
Items in his backpack- Wata flask, a lot of food and utensils, pot, butane stove, 3DS, laptop, solar charger with many different plugs, flashlight, mini toolkit, sunscreen, soap, pocket knife, diary, and office mouse

Personality- Competitive gamer, stays inside but can socialize, and actually educated
Likes- Video games, specifically Minecraft, Roblox, Pokemon, Among us, Henry Stickmin collection. (these are just random ones that popped up) Also likes social media.

Dislikes- More of a person that prefers certain things but can't decide what they don't like (not me being lazy)

Flaws- Is a different person when playing video games, hard to read emotions when not playing video games, short

Playing style (if its needed)- Will go for a lot of buffs and then destroy everything, can speedbridge, building is good but lack of depth and palette

08/03/2021 8:06 am
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
Two entries aren’t allowed I’m afraid :/ youl have to choose on or the other
08/03/2021 12:05 pm
Mxple_Starz
Mxple_Starz avatar
this one took longer then the other then
08/03/2021 12:46 am
Mxple_Starz
Mxple_Starz avatar
I don't know if this will change things but I copied the image from postimages

heres the link if it doesn't work
https://postimg.cc/ZWdgf5FH
this is a monster entry, the solo form is meant to make a scene spookier
the gathering version is for if its actually gonna be relavent
08/02/2021 10:47 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Slime_Payazz
Slime_Payazz avatar
If I could draw I would enter this ;n;

the least I can do tho is make that 49 emerald count to a 50 tho- good luck!
08/02/2021 8:57 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
Lioncat6
Lioncat6 avatar
**megalovania intensifies
08/02/2021 9:01 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
I HAVE UNDERTALE RELATED CONTENT WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS MENTION IT HERE OF ALL PLACES LOL
08/03/2021 12:16 pmhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev
That1Rand0mChannel-SBCDev avatar
I sans am
I'm sans a.m.

Funny skeleton man heheh
08/02/2021 9:15 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
Lioncat6
Lioncat6 avatar
Hmm
08/01/2021 10:12 pm
Mxple_Starz
Mxple_Starz avatar
Tori Ashers (strong, determination) Female

don't judge my handwriting
08/02/2021 7:54 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Stack
FishStacks
FishStacks avatar
the images dont load
08/02/2021 7:55 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
Images don’t load I’m afraid
08/02/2021 8:08 pm
Mxple_Starz
Mxple_Starz avatar
I had to glitch my way into postimages to do this
https://postimg.cc/YjgKjjY7
08/02/2021 8:25 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
Neat!
08/01/2021 11:04 am
Level 42 : Master Artist
Whiteout-
Whiteout- avatar
maybe waffle lord (joking I think)
07/31/2021 2:19 pmhistory
Level 32 : Artisan Blockhead
-Rae-
-Rae- avatar
Meet Reyna! (Artist)
I've included a bit of personality, likes, dislikes, and hobbies mixed into the other categories, so let's talk flaws.

  Reyna is clingy. Like, super clingy. She feels like she has to be around people at all times, and while this can make the people she's with feel valued, Reyna has a hard time letting them go when they need a break from her or just people in general. Reyna is also a bit lacking in empathy. This is not to say she's unkind, she does care about the people around her, but she has difficulty putting herself in others' shoes. This can lead to frustration from both parties.

Side note, Age. She is 18 and struggling to navigate the new trials of adulthood.

  As for backstory, Reyna's is fairly tame compared to some I've read so far. She still has two parents and is an absolute social butterfly. She is an only child, which makes being at home tough as her parents both work and she can't stand being left alone, so she stays at friends' houses often and takes long shifts at work, whatever she can to stay busy and surrounded by people. She's moved around a lot, which always made saying goodbye hard, but also allowed her to have old friends pretty much anywhere she goes.

Here's the art!
08/02/2021 5:40 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Nerd
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
All of these characters feel really different I'm SUPER excited to see how this turns out
07/31/2021 2:29 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
This looks great rae!
it’s a really good backstory too!
07/31/2021 2:31 pmhistory
-Rae-
-Rae- avatar
Thank you! :D
I had a lot of fun designing her lol. Hopefully I have a chance of getting in, when I made her there weren't as many artist characters xD
07/31/2021 2:59 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
Actually I think there’s only two
07/31/2021 11:11 pm
-Rae-
-Rae- avatar
oh okay! guess my chances are better than I thought then lol
07/31/2021 11:48 am
Whiteout-
Whiteout- avatar

this is minx [​a drawing I was waiting to find some sort of use for because I liked it]

height: five foot four

likes: Roses, food, friends, Her hair, The color yellow, lizards and snakes

Dislikes: Pink, jump scares, Being complimented [​its uncomfortable],

fear: Heights [​will completely flip out]

personality: dark humor, Deep down she is very nice, but she likes being the annoying one., but she always seems angry and people think she’s judging them, she’s USUALLY not. Minx will absolutely roast anyone who bothers her though. Sometimes she can come across as self centered. She tries to act like she’s serious most of the time even though deep down she’s not really. Her dream is to become an actor so she will usually practice that with sarcasm.

tell me if there’s anything else I have to add, I’m not really sure what to do
07/31/2021 11:55 am
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
is this for the artist the gamer or the strong character?
07/31/2021 12:10 pm
Whiteout-
Whiteout- avatar
Artist I think idk what it means exactly if it’s just role in thing then artist sure
07/31/2021 2:09 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Theorist
TheoRoar
TheoRoar avatar
Istg, Whiteout, this seems exactly like the streamer JustAMinx, u r now on da sus list
07/31/2021 6:19 pm
Whiteout-
Whiteout- avatar
Idk who she is tbh I forgot about her lmao
08/01/2021 1:20 am
Mxple_Starz
Mxple_Starz avatar
note*
any drawings made by me will be colorless, unless you want inaccurate crayon work
this may lead to using a brain on your end

also how many of each human role is there
08/01/2021 8:33 am
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
Well one of each is allowed in but if you mean how many have been entered there’s

strong
gamer
gamer
artist
artist

at least if I’m remembering correctly
07/31/2021 11:25 am
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
Name: The Ringmaster, The Master of Rings, The Circus Holder, The Clown Commander, etc.

Age: No one really knows but the last circus was in motion for around 120 to 130 years so around that age.

Description: The Ringmaster (Or Master Ring as some may call him) can be found in abandoned circuses around the world and goes on tours regularly, but he hangs out the most near the Nacrium circus grounds where his last performance was, he is a Scoulawt (He stayed long enough on earth that fixing him is basically pointless) he hides his scars with the gloves on his hands. He is probably the only Scoulawt that can be in large crowds. Not many know of his existence, those that do are often young orphan children (Maybe 3-10) that he allows in for free (He was an orphan and was often disregarded so he takes a liking to them). He is a master in sleight of hand and illusion, his weapon of choice is sharpened playing cards he had as a child from his days as a street magician.

Image:
08/02/2021 4:05 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
Edit: He's supposed to be darker-skinned but the Picrew I used just had tan and less tan
07/31/2021 10:48 am
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
So question, is there going to possibly be an abandoned theme park/circus somewhere? cause I have an idea but it only fits that certain setting
07/31/2021 10:51 am
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
its likely?
stuff like that will be decided in a vote at the end of each chapter
07/31/2021 2:12 pmhistory
TheoRoar
TheoRoar avatar
Ok i updated Kitt

He now has art lol, he is the gamer role, i made him less strong that when i first put up the sheet

https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/communities/artists/uhhh-character-sheet-for-kitt-i-guess-lol-639205/
07/30/2021 9:49 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
Name: Scoulawts (Scowl-Awts)
Description: Scoulawts, often called Scoulers or just Scouls, are souls stuck in the mortal realm punished by a divine force forced to wander places where people are not (Ruins, abandoned theme parks, collapsed mine shafts, etc.), they usually have unfinished business or did something they need to correct to pass on to the spirit realm. They all wear black clothing and have black skin and black hair, this is another form of punishment as it makes them blend in with their surroundings in most cases, and makes it so people don't notice them and don't offer help. Scoulers usually have some sort of scar representing what happened in their past life to get them stuck. The only way to save a Scoulawt is to follow the following steps:
1. First approach the Scouler and ask if it would like to be saved (If yes continue, if no RUN a ticked of Scouler is the worst kind of Scouler)
2. Ask the Scouler to explain what their situation is (Remember Scoulers only speak when spoken to, be VERY specific)
3. Gather the items/people/animals needed for them to make amends
4. Once you have helped them complete their final tasks the purple in their hair (that represents life force) will fade and they will pass into the spirit
realm.
!WARNING!
Scoulers are EXTREMELY dangerous when angry, if they so happen to make a move toward their covered eye RUN if you look into its covered eye (or "Soul filled eye" as some call it) it will show you your worst fear and make you live it out, possible insanity or serious mental disorder will follow.
Female (have larger iris than males)

Male

Scouler with uncovered eye 
07/30/2021 8:13 pmhistory
Level 46 : Master Procrastinator
hydrangeaa
hydrangeaa avatar
for the "modern real world setting", did the pandemic happen/is the pandemic happening? also, how old should the characters be?
07/30/2021 8:28 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
That’s a very fair question
In my mind the pandemic either is over or never happened
unless It’s important for a characters backstory somehow, it won’t be mentioned

as for age, I’m leaning towards late teens to young adult
It doesn’t matter either way but folks seem to be leaning on the younger side from what I’ve seen
07/30/2021 9:38 am
TheoRoar
TheoRoar avatar
ASdjhhjgkdrh

Ok done, i dont a a photo of the art just yet, i will try and get it

But here is his info: Kitt's stats
07/31/2021 2:58 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
Yeah that’s poultry pack lol
07/30/2021 6:35 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
I think you have the wrong file maybe?

This is just a picture of a man with a large gear sword
07/29/2021 9:27 pmhistory
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
I tried using a Picrew I don't know if that'll cause problems but this is the character I could come up with and in my head, I can visualize the but my hands won't do what I tell them to so-
here we are

(Gamer)
Name: Alexis (Al-Eck-Sis) Dawnshin (Daw-Shin)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 120 Lbs
Defining features: Blind in one eye, wears an eyepatch, Almost is always wearing a school uniform of some sort (With a hoodie to cover it up), Has small levels of anxiety, high levels of stress will cause her to have a panic attack. Scared of most adults because of her parents.

Backstory: Alexis lives in a two-parent, two-kid, rich family, perfect little life, household. But nothing's really perfect. Her mom and dad always seem to be at each other's throats and keep trying to get the kids to pick a side, her older brother is fighting a losing battle against drugs with no one to help him, and Alexis has been transferred to more schools than she can count and has caused more problems than she would like to admit. The only thing that helps is her escape, video games. A virtual realm where she can be whoever she wants to and do whatever she pleases. She dreams of being in competitions someday and getting her name out there.

Character traits: Shy but willing to stand up for others, Calm in most situations (it's usually a front), Emotions are hard to deal with for her because she was taught to hide them, self-reliant, and she will usually stop talking, start joking about something, or just completely shut down if a situation or conversation makes her uncomfortable.

Relatives: Harrison Dawnshin (Brother), Michael Dawnshin (Father), Kristina Dawnshin (Mother)
(If needed I can also make picrews of these three)

Rando quote I came up with that could maybe be used:
"I sometimes have panic attacks, you know like fight or flight but my body decides to instead pick the option of freezing up and then hyperventilating until I pass out"

With Eyepatch thing
width=400
Without Eyepatch thing
width=400
07/30/2021 2:14 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar

Idea for another uniform
07/29/2021 9:34 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
I’m ngl, just from the detailed back store alone, this has a really good chance of winning lol
well done!
07/30/2021 1:58 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
Thanks! I sort of feel like it's a female version of Artemis Fowl but I'm very happy with how it turned out!
07/30/2021 2:09 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
Also, I was actually wondering if you needed writers for this? I'd be up to the task if you did, totally fine if you don't!
07/30/2021 2:15 pm
chickenpants93
chickenpants93 avatar
i dont think we need writers atm, but thank you so much for asking! thats very nice of you
07/29/2021 8:42 pm
Astrolol
Astrolol avatar
I would make a character but I cant draw-
07/29/2021 10:53 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Stack
FishStacks
FishStacks avatar
i am working on my idea for this im just bad at humans
08/02/2021 10:38 pm