Wish - Themed Skinning Contest [ENDED]

Parine's Avatar Parine β€’ 4/28/20 11:45 am history
38 emeralds 1.1k 83
10/12/2020 12:16 pm
RystaButAteASock's Avatar RystaButAteASock

Hello everyone!
Welcome to the thread of my 100 subs Contest!!!!

From Teachers, to Astronauts, to Gods, to Villians, and to Men, this contest is
going to be a wild one x)

I apologize for just now getting it out, but I didn't realize that people just didn't announce the

trophies and stuff like I thought I had to get that done first oops

INFORMATION:

Theme (IN SHORT)
The theme of this contest is WISH. Wish? Wtf is that xd

Wish, by definition, is "feel or express a strong desire or hope for something that is not easily attainable; want something that cannot or probably will not happen." I want you to skin what you wish TO BE.

Personally, I've always wanted to be a majestic and powerful god/goddess, but!!! you may also want to be a
superhero, supervillain, a different gender, a different age, perhaps even a specific profession!

Theme
Growing up, I watch Teen Titans and read the Percy Jackson series. I sort of combined this
role of being a powerful god and being a superhero?
My favorite was White Raven, in Teen Titans, where she became pure and all-powerful.

Many years ago, my friends and I used to imagine ourselves as Elemental beings that sought to maintain balance
here on planet Earth. I named myself Horus, the Egyptian God of Wind. (I didn't imagine my person with Egyptian
clothing but I really liked the name leave me alone xd) I imagined I had large draping wings with a large staff, gifted with
the finest cloth to wear as clothing and layers and layers of it.
My friends stayed more true to their elements, and had less clothing but more elemental related things.

Their Character Designs
Water Element: Ice covered his body. Cracks everywhere. Ice transitioned into his skin
about at the upper chest level.
Earth Element: He wore leaves around his sensual areas, and wore vines down his legs and around
the lower part of his arms. He would wear flower crowns depending on the occasion.
Fire Element: She wore a bodysuit, similar to Black Widow's, (from Marvel). Lava coursed through the
outfit, powering her wand and her abilities.

Let's elaborate on the less fantasy element. Gender, race, occupation etc. I don't mean to be insensitive by saying any of
this at all!!
I am fully aware of those who wish to transition between genders. Some may know that they reside in the
wrong body from an early age, or realize it much later.
For those who realize as a minor, their parents have reign over them, and may not allow them to transition. It may
be too expensive or there may be other factors that contribute to refusal. Whatever it may be,
skin yourself as that other gender! Skin yourself in a position that you've always dreamed of being in!
I've heard people say, "I wish I was born in the 1980s I love the vibes," or whatever. Skin yourself
in that decade! You want to be born in the future? Skin yourself.

This theme is meant to be thought about and taken in many different directions, so
please go wild!

Important:
If you've always wanted to be born or reincarnated as an animal, you can skin that animal. This theme
isn't meant to restrict any wish at all, but the format MUST be human! Either Alex or Steve. This is NOT
a mob contest.
If you've wanted to be a tree too you can skin one xd

If you skipped past the much longer description of the Theme, I recommend
you go back and read it,
as it is much more helpful and detailed,
but if you still have any questions, my pms and comments are open!

Dates

Start4/28 12:00pm (EST)
Deadline for Entries6/28 11:59pm (EST)
Judging7/5 (one week after)

**Disclaimer: My birthday is around the time the entries are due and around the judging period,
so if I need to extend the dates, I will do so.
**Dates may change due to the number of entries or requests by contestants.

Rules
All PMC rules apply!

Skins must be made for this contest and this contest only.

Skins must relate to the theme, with a description.

One entry per person.

MUST HAVE PROPER TAGS:
wishparine

Judging
The judging will be done solely by me! I know this may sound controversial and biased, but I can assure you, it will not be. Success and fame of the skin and/or artist plays absolutely no role in the placing of the skin in my contest.

The skins will be judged based on creativity and concept, as well as execution.
Execution plays the biggest role in the scoring.

The reason I will be judging alone is because I have no friends on this website and because it will allow me to provide the results
and prizes quicker and entirely on my own.

The amount of time it takes for me to judge is based on how many entries I receive!

Prizes
The thing everyone has been waiting for LOL

1st Place2 Request and/or 2 Trade (3 max)
1st Place Trophy
2nd Place1 Request and/or 1 Trade (2 max)
2nd Place Trophy
3rd Place1 Request or 1 Trade (1 max)
3rd Place Trophy
ContestantsParticipation Trophy

**The reason I gave the option for "and/or" is because I know some people may not want to make a skin
in return... like if I make the trade a requirement then that means I am receiving a skin from them
that they may not want to make.

That's it! Now get skinning, you have over 60 days!

**Please comment your entry in the comments! It isn't required to comment, but it IS a requirement
to tag the skin with wishparine.

RESULTS
Hi everyone! It is my sincerest apology for taking so long to release the results and consult everyone regarding their prizes, so bash me for that! But I’m happy to say that the results are in and I will be pming everyone!! Each winner will be messaged individually and all participants who did not place will be messaged as a group.

The entries are all placed in order and I will give a description of what I do and don’t like, as well as how you may be able to improve your skin(s)! ((a) relevance to theme, (b) like, dislike, and how to improve) This is all constructive criticism!!, meaning you’re not required to read it.

***the links to everyone's skins and accounts are found above the in entries spoiler!!

transitioning // ce Minecraft Skin
1st: autumnistic; “transitioning // ce”

Congratulations on your first place!! Well done. A. I do hope you find peace with who you are now and/or get the opportunity to become the person you hope to be!!! I feel the same way when you say you just wish to be accepted and NOT hated/disliked for just being who you are and who you’re meant to be!!! You demonstrated who you wish to become! B. This outfit is adorable!!! I see you’ve remade the skin recently, so I will be talking about this skin, but I do notice that you have changed things I will mention. I love the color combo of purple yellow and green… it’s very underrated, and I think you should try to make all three palettes look cohesive!! Currently, they seem to clash a little, but in your newest version, they blend and flow a lot better. The hat could use some more shape and shadowed shading. Meaning not shaped so blocky and shaded where light would reflect from it, which you do in your newest version. Lovely job and thank you for participating! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

π’žπ“‡π‘’π“ˆπ“‰π“Œπ’Άπ“‰π‘’π“‡π“ˆ - Annabeth Chase Minecraft Skin

2nd: Crestwaters; “π’žπ“‡π‘’π“ˆπ“‰π“Œπ’Άπ“‰π‘’π“‡π“ˆ - Annabeth Chase

Congratulations on your second place!! Well done. A. I really do enjoy the character Annabeth &, theme of this contest was who would you wish to become and not what you wish you were like/ what trait you wish you possessed. Something physical. You wanted to become a demigod!!! B. This skin is very.. Fierce! I think you capture the feel and attitude of Annabeth in your skin and I like that! The design, palette, and shading are all *nice*. I do think you could take everything all a step further!! Have varying styles and patterns used throughout. More hue shifting in your palettes. Etc!! The long one or two color lines exist on the entire skin. There is no variation!! I’d love to see you try something new!! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

I wish to be happy || Wish Contest Minecraft Skin

3rd: Kaos_Kitten; “I wish to be happy || Wish Contest”

Congrats on your third place!! Well done. A. The theme of the contest was what you wish to become, as in physical means, rather than emotional means. So you did receive fewer points in that aspect, but I totally understand why you chose “happiness!” You said you’ve wanted to be happy for a while and this skin is a cute and textbook way to be happy! B. The design is really cute!! The most “complex”/”unique” designs of this contest, in all honesty. Overall, well done! But! Time for my criticism. I think you need to work on your palettes! **you have clearly improved since this skin was made, but I do think that your palettes could use more contrast, hue shifting, and everything! I like your utilization of the outer layer… but personally, I prefer pastel and/or “pretty” palettes over vibrant/highly saturated ones, so yeah! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

.β–«ββ„‚π• π•¦π•£π•’π•˜π•–ββ–«. Minecraft Skin

4th: SpindleCloud; “.β–«ββ„‚π• π•¦π•£π•’π•˜π•–ββ–«.”

Congrats on your fourth place!! Well done. A. The theme of the contest was what you wish to become, as in physical means, rather than emotional means. So you did receive fewer points in that aspect, but I totally understand why you chose “courage!” Being brave and courageous enough to do things in life is actually so much more important than people think! Speaking out and taking a chance can really change the course of your life/career/relationship... Whatever it may be! B. The skin you made is truly gorgeous!! The pastel colors are v sweet and soothing, as you mentioned! I do think you could make the palettes a tiny bit more varying?? (simply because the skin is just so white/pastel it’s hard to appreciate each individual aspect of the design, which I can see is there, but the palettes and colors don’t compliment it enough. And I’m not bashing your description in the slightest, but since it was a part of the contest I do have to mention it. A skin that is calming doesn’t directly correlate to being courageous. I totally understand when you say they soothe you, but being soothed doesn’t mean you’re courageous. What I’m saying is that if you had said “an outfit like this would make me feel more comfortable being courageous in life”... then that would’ve been a different story!! Your skin is insanely beautiful, but this contest required an explanation of what you wished to become which correlated to the skin! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

Departure (Wish Contest) (Male And Female) Minecraft Skin

5th: WbMystery; “Departure (Wish Contest) (Male And Female)”

Congrats on your fifth place!! Well done. A. The theme of the contest was what you wish to become, as in physical means, rather than emotional means. So you did receive fewer points in that aspect, but I totally understand why you chose to depict the loss of emotional pain. It’s very deep, and I do hope you are able to release some of the pain you do have!!! B. The design is nice! It’s very textbook, meaning obvious and simple! I think that you could’ve brainstormed and discovered another way to show your current state and a blissful state. For example, portions of the body seem to be infected & blackened, representing trauma/unhappiness weighing you down… idk, it’s up to you to think out of the box! The shading and design are all quite nice, but simple, once again. Don’t be afraid to try new styles and outfits!!! Learn to make hue-shifted palettes as well! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

******AFTER THIS POINT, THE ENTRIES ARE NOT IN ORDER IN REGARDS TO RANKING

Dreaming Away ~ ce ~ SoulBlade Minecraft Skin

SoulBlade; “Dreaming Away ~ ce ~ SoulBlade”

Thank you for participating! A. I like how you skinned exactly what you wished to be!! You hit the nail on the head by choosing a fantasy warrior! 10/10! B. The skin is nice!! You did good at creating a warrior! But now, I want to see you utilize very good palettes with hue shifting and contrast! Your colors are very flat and the shading is quite simple! Try to shake it up and try new things! A nice skin overall, though. **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

Parine’s Wish contest entry | this is sorta bad- Minecraft Skin

CatUnicorn123; “Parine’s Wish contest entry | this is sorta bad-”

Thank you for participating! A. The theme of the contest was what you wish to become, as in physical means, rather than emotional means. So you did receive fewer points in that aspect, but I see that you’ve shown you exterminated. I’m sorry you feel that you wish you didn’t exist, but I find it rather creative that you put an X over your face! It’s very bold and straight forward, well done! B. As for the skin, I think it’s pretty good! The colors are relaxing and the red of the X is very bold. I do think you should shade more!!, have your palettes hue shift and contrast, and try to blend the layers!! Meaning that things shouldn’t solely be on the outer layer or base layer.. You can make them flow and connect!!! Especially for the tail and wings. Other than that, your uniqueness and individuality are very apparent. Keep it up! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

I don't want to change Minecraft Skin

Elicorne; “I don’t want to change”

Thank you for participating! A. A. The theme of the contest was what you wish to become, as in physical means, rather than emotional means. So you did receive fewer points in that aspect. A theme like “happy” qualifies as a theme… although the wrong theme, it counts. Unfortunately, saying you don’t want to change does not qualify. The contest wasn’t about what you want to change in yourself. It was more about what you want to become. Say.. you’ve always wanted to pick up a hobby, maybe painting. You could’ve skinned a painter. It doesn’t have to be a painter, but literally anything is better than skinning a skin of yourself. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but the aim of the contest was for people to say to themselves “what do I wish to be?” I admire you wanting to not change and being content with who you are, don’t get me wrong!! But there has to be ONE thing you’ve wanted to do/become in life that you aren’t. B. I actually do enjoy this skin! It’s very unique and has some quite cool aspects to the design, so well done. I’d try to improve your palettes by learning hue shifting and incorporating contrast! Try to mix the outer layer with the base layer, making things more 3D and interesting. **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

🌼~I wish to be a child again~🌼 Minecraft Skin

xShadowStarx; “🌼~I wish to be a child again~🌼”

Thank you for participating! I realize you’ve been inactive for 4 months now, so I’ll make this short. The design is very pretty! And all of the colors are pretty as well, but I think a better utilization of the outer layer would’ve done wonders! The hair and arms are lacking a lot of shape and it isn’t a pretty sight. Learn to incorporate shape and gravity into your skins and you’re golden! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

wish-skin contest parine (singer) Minecraft Skin

WolfLunar; “wish-skin contest parine (singer)”

Thank you for participating!! I’m going to keep this one short as well, as I commented some advice and a request on the post itself and it was either ignored or not seen so, yeah. You need to upload your skins as Alex (3px) if that is the format you’ve created them in. You need to learn to shade with palettes! Try new things and push yourself! You’ve got this. **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

Forgotten Rebublic JamesTDG (No Helmet) | Entry for Wish - Themed Skinning Contest Minecraft Skin

JamesTDG; “Forgotten Rebublic JamesTDG (No Helmet) | Entry for Wish - Themed Skinning Contest”

Thank you for participating! Your skin has a quite cool design and neat colors. Try to add hue shifting in your palettes and try to use both the outer layer and base layer in conjunction! You have potential!!! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

Me but I am a Bob Ross Rat [CE] Minecraft Skin

RxfrxshingWqtxr; “Me but I am a Bob Ross Rat [​CE]”

Thank you for participating! You’ve been away for around 5 months now, so I’ll keep this short. The skin is cute and funny! Well done. The shading is actually very nice as well. Try to incorporate more hue shifting in your palettes and you’ll do great. **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

Small child CE Minecraft Skin

KeckingRabbit; “Small child CE”

Thank you for participating! I don’t think I’ve seen this eye shading done in a very long time, so well done! That is really cool of you, and I wish I was a child again too! You and someone else had the same wish, so it is quite a popular one! When coming up with your idea on your skin, try to think out of the box and be individual! Obviously, if you want to be a child once again, then I can’t fault you! Try to add more contrast in your palettes, as well as hue shifting. Your hair shading and shading overall is quite nice. Keep it up and keep pushing yourself!! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

I wish.... Minecraft Skin
Maykulka; “I wish….”
Thank you for participating!! I feel you when you say you wish you could be your definition of you! You did amazing with the theme of this contest!!! I am glad you’re so proud of who you are and what you wear!! I do think you need to try to learn to shade more conventionally, but if you prefer this way of shading then keep it up! You could always learn to hue shift your palettes and have them have more contrast. Push yourself and you’ve got this! **in no way was this meant to be rude, just simply constructive! Thank you for participating!!

Parine
Level 38 : Artisan uwu