A Rambling Introduction

Etlas_Miles's Avatar Etlas_Miles2/26/20 10:06 am
3/1/2020 2:29 am
Arsham81SHAE's Avatar Arsham81SHAE
Hey everyone, this is a very late introduction but I would like to formally introduce myself as Etlas_Miles. You can call me Miles for short as all my friends call me that for some reason. It’s been actually awhile since I have been playing Minecraft, I remember the time when I would use to watch this youtuber named SkydoesMinecraft, he was very explicit but he had a very interesting personality but that’s when I really got interested in the game. Before I keep hearing this game during school, they would talk about the stuff you could do and what you can create. It got me interested and fascinated about the game but because I couldn’t afford it at the time all I could do was just watch videos of it.

Which is why I watch Sky’s videos however overtime I got bored and began to look for another channel to watched Minecraft videos but that’s when I came across a Yogslabs video made by a youtuber group known as the Yogscast. At first I was curious about that Yogslab episode and I just continued to listen to their commentary and eventually I got hooked and continued to watch their series like Jaffa Factory and of course their known series Shadow of Israphel. That series is what made me interested in telling stories through the medium but aside from that I also came to love the lore behind it, because as a child I’ve always like reading and tried to make my own stories despite my own abilities at the time. (I still suck at grammar but I’m learning) Anyways as we go further, I became fascinated with the concept of worldbuilding and always thought of creating an original world full of my own fictional histories, characters and unique stuff. Whenever I have the time I would always write ideas on my ipad and store them for future references and it helps. But going back to youtube, I eventually also got bored of the channel and moved on to another channel, this time it was a youtuber named Stampylongnose/head, whatever he was called. At the time I knew that his channel was centred around for kids and it didn’t really bother me as long as I’m enjoying the content. What was most interesting about Stampy was that he had a vision for his Lovely World series and that really fascinated me. Not only that I really liked his creativity and how he came up with these ideas for minigames for his amusement park area and that made me realized that there’s more potential with the game than I ever imagined. The “Stampy Phase” as I would call it lingered for awhile until I have lost interest with his channel but then there’s the phase where I watched various youtubers ranging from CaptainSparklez, Pewdiepie, Jackscepticeye, Stampy’s other friends’ channel, the likes. But then I came across this channel called ChallengeAccepted and it was very interesting.

During the random youtubing watch phase, I used to watch some series of theirs and been watching it until the day it was remodelled into Aphmau. That’s when I got interested with the concept of roleplays. At the time, Aphmau’s Minecraft Diaries was still being continued and I got curious as to what was it about, it started out as a simple survival series but then it gradually developed into a very storyline. Overtime, I managed to catch up with her series and eventually waited for many of her future ones. During those moments, I thought of it as cringy and odd but then I noticed the potential and similarities of what I wanted to do. That’s when I decided to become a youtuber as a part-time thing but then I realised that my commentary is a bit bland and most of my plans just get discarded because of my lack of commitment and dedication to it so I stopped doing youtube. However when I returned and watched the roleplays, watched some movies, videos about lore and other stuff, it all came coming back to me. My love for stories once more became ignited and once more I came back and planned everything out. Ever since watching those Minecraft videos I came to understand some things that was important. From the SkydoesMinecraft phase, I knew I needed an audience, from the Stampy phase, I needed to have a vision of sort and finally from the Aphmau phase, I knew that I needed to have a good storyline.

At first I came to Planetminecraft, because it was recommended for a place for to look for people who could help out but then why stop there when I could share my thoughts and ideas. For me Minecraft can be a medium for storylines and it shows with the amount of movies and roleplays I have seen on Youtube. What I would like to see eventually is witness an emergence of a new generation of writers who could tell incredible stories using the game itself or through film or any other medium. So once again my name is Miles and I’m happy to be a part of this community.
Etlas_Miles
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2020 2:29 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
Oh Hi! Welcome To PMC :D
02/26/2020 10:44 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fox
Pixus
This is a pretty lengthy post, but I salute you for managing to write it all down.
I'm also a bit into the idea of world-building and would like to make my own world and series, but I've still got a long way to go, although I do like to use Minecraft and modded Minecraft to help build these ideas and maps.

Personally, I've never watched many Minecraft Youtubers, although I did vaguely hear a bit about Stampy's Lovely World series, so I might go check more about it and what their builds are like.

I suppose we're also a bit in common; both of us have world that we want to create using Minecraft as a basis (like for me, I'd like to employ a similar visual or art style to Minecraft), and we also want to create some sort of story involving it, although you seem far more planned than I have since I myself don't really have much going on for what I want my story and world to be quite yet.

Regardless, welcome to PMC and I hope you enjoy your stay!
02/26/2020 10:53 pm
Etlas_Miles
That’s quite an interesting similarity and it’s great to meet people with similar interest. With regards to world building, I would say it’s very essential when crafting a story that is set in a fictional world. It sets up interesting conflicts ranging from wars, issues and others. As for the youtuber, Stampy, his builds are somewhat vanilla in terms of design but the way he constructs them and the idea behind them is very interesting.

As for being more planned, I suppose there’s some truth behind that but before I was just going all over the place with my ideas but after crafting a lore that I liked, I decided to start from there and plan everything.
02/26/2020 10:57 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fox
Pixus
Thanks for the tip and the explanation about Stampy's builds.
I'll see if I can keep that in mind as well, and yeah, my ideas for it all all over the place.
02/26/2020 10:13 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
Long introductions are my favorite kind! they say a lot about you and are generally fun reads. You seem really creative and I hope to see all the neat new content you create!
02/26/2020 10:37 pm
Etlas_Miles
Hey, I appreciate the response, InfamousArgyle, yeah long introductions gives you that background on the person, what he/she is and what they want to be. But it all depends on how they approach the introduction.
02/26/2020 9:52 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
CO0BAH
Hey! Welcome to PMC, Etlas.

I love Cinema so much. I'm a huge film fan. But I think you are right. It would be really awesome to see an emergence of writers coming into Minecraft to craft uniquely driven storylines that grasp people and take them to places they've never been. I think that is one of the most amazing parts of Minecraft. It in itself is a platform that allows people to express who they are.

I was like you also, I grew up watching SkydoesMinecraft, Yogscast. But for me, my main medium was building. Over time though I have seen the possibilities when it comes to storytelling and I love it. Me personally, my goals lye within creating awesome maps to capture people's minds and visually impress them on every level.

I'd love to one day be able to make an awesome map that could encapsulate people with the way the story is told and presented. That being said though, I am glad to see new faces on here! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
02/26/2020 10:41 pm
Etlas_Miles
That’s really cool. Building is very essential on Minecraft, it’s one of the reasons why I have a fondness for architecture, the level of detail and depth out into the build combined it with the culture and art of the civilization really makes it interesting and fascinating to look at. I would even say that each building tells a story in itself.
02/26/2020 10:47 pm
CO0BAH
I think a lot of buildings deal with various variations. I'd have to agree though that all builds have their own stories. If you are ever interested in working together, please feel free to DM me. :)
02/26/2020 10:56 pmhistory
Etlas_Miles
I am actually interested in this offer of sort, but I’m a little worried if the project I have in mind will be interesting for you. I could show you some of the builds we have so far if you want.
02/26/2020 10:59 pm
CO0BAH
Feel free to DM me. I'll take a look and get back to you.
02/26/2020 9:42 pm
Level 46 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
Hi, welcome to PMC!
02/26/2020 10:42 pm
Etlas_Miles
Hey thanks for the welcome, I should have actually posted one a few months ago so I completely forgot all of it. But with the passage of time I felt like it was the right time to tell my current story of sort.
02/26/2020 8:52 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
I.. actually read it all.. my god..

And welcome to PMC!
02/26/2020 10:44 pm
Etlas_Miles
That’s really incredible to hear, I was originally planning to write a very short description but I have so much to say about my interests that I thought that writing an almost essay looking introduction is necessary.
02/26/2020 8:43 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
Hi, and welcome to the Planet Minecraft community!
02/26/2020 10:45 pm
Etlas_Miles
Hey thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.
02/26/2020 10:57 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
You're welcome!
02/26/2020 8:10 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
Hi there! Welcome to PMC :)
02/26/2020 10:45 pm
Etlas_Miles
Hi! I am very thrilled to see the works of others and looking forward to see some of your content as well.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome