Hello All! New to PMC, seeking help for my son

CrowShow's Avatar CrowShow2/5/19 8:03 pm
5 emeralds 253 7
2/8/2019 11:15 am
Cib's Avatar Cib
Hello- My son is an avid Minecraft builder; he loves building wonderful things and I am encouraging him to continue as it is very fascinating to see what he can create!
Now he is hoping to explore with other worlds on other servers. The problem is, I have no clue as to how to get him other servers on his mobile Minecraft. Is there anyone with a simple link or webpage that walks through adding servers without a ton of technical terms? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
CrowShow
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/08/2019 11:15 amhistory
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
As many others have said below, there is a smaller variety of servers to choose from for mobile versions of the game (referred to as the Bedrock Edition).

All devices that run Minecraft Bedrock edition features a server list. To access your server list, click Play>Servers.

Minecraft Bedrock edition now has a default list of official partnered servers that you can easily connect to. Each of these servers have a wide range of minigames and worlds to play and explore. Of course, if your son is eager to try more than the default list of provided servers, you can connect to a large amount of other servers from sites such as https://minecraftpeservers.org/ or even our own sever listing. To connect to a server, click "Add Server" in the Servers tab in-game and copy the IP address provided in a server's listing (online) and paste it into the box provided. You will also need a free Xbox Live account to connect to any multiplayer games and servers. If you don't have one, the game will prompt you to create one.

But finally, a big welcome to Planet Minecraft and I hope to hear more about your sons adventures in the future.
- Cib
02/06/2019 11:34 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
welcome to pmc!
hope the other replies are helpful to you/the comments to come later on.
02/06/2019 10:52 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
PE servers are laggy and not as good as PC servers, I recommend you buy a Account for PC.
02/06/2019 6:41 am
Level 29 : Expert Cowboy
Folz
Hey! Welcome to PMC. I hope your problem is solved by the other people who commented before me.
02/06/2019 2:28 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Kaos_Kitten
I've never tried to go on any servers on pocket edition due to the fact that PC runs servers better however there should be the server on the right of opening normal worlds.

Either way welcome to Planet Minecraft, I hope you find the answer you're looking for.
02/05/2019 8:42 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
While i have never used Minecraft Pocket Edition (mobile version) i looked online to see what i could find

Here is a 3 minute video on how to add servers to your server list. And Here is a list of servers that should be compatible with the mobile version of Minecraft.

Welcome to the community, it's very wholesome to see you helping out your son like this

Best of luck,

Acier
02/05/2019 8:19 pmhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
Hegemony
Hi,

Most servers are on the PC Java version as there is underlying software that allows servers to be created (Spigot / Bukkit) but no equivelant for the pocket addition which is what the mobile version does.

So servers on pocket addition come far and few, would recommend you use the PC version and then "Multiplayer" "Add Server" and enter the server IP.

Stuff like this is available on PC version for example:

www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/servers/hegemony-rpg_558115
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome