forum Forumsplay_arrow PMC fiber_manual_record Introductions

Hello everyone

3 emeralds6 replies94 views
created 05/25/2018 10:50 am by drives_a_ford
last reply 05/30/2018 3:02 am
Hi there!

My name is Mart and I drive a ford (hence the username, go figure).
No, it's not a truck.
No, I don't fix nor repair it daily.

About me, then.
I'm a 27 year old male from Estonia. I'm working in a local university as a junior researcher. In my fair time I enjoy playing volleyball as well as playing some computer games (mainly Minecarft).

Now on to the gaming part.
I've played games ever since we could afford a computer at home back in 2001. I started off with games such as Cossacks: European wars and Diablo II. I had played games on others' computers before that as well, but that's when I really got into playing computer games.

The first couple of yours we had a PC but no Internet connection (unthinkable nowadays, I know!). It must have been around 2003 or 2004 that we got our first Internet connection. I didn't jump straight into multiplayer games either (hell, multiplayer wasn't nearly as big back then, either), but I remember playing the game Freelancer online back then. My English was OK by the time given I'd spent a few years playing video games and watching (mainly) US TV shows and movies.

The next chapter of my online/gaming presence starts with America's Army (America's Army (AA2) is/was a US Army funded free to play FPS shooter). I don't remember when it was exactly, but given I have an account on a tracking service registered in May 2005, it bust have been early 2005. I played that for years on end and I've gathered at least 3500h on the game combined. I don't really play the game anymore, but the US Army dropped official support for the game back in late 2011 and I've been part of the team that's helping keep the game running on it's own since April 2014. The game's playerbase is quite small nowadays, but thanks to a generous server provider and AA2 patriot, we can manage to have our websites and auth system running up until now (we do have a problem with account creation/modifcation, but that's a story for another ay).

I'm not sure where my MC "career" started exactly. However, I do know it was a few years back. If I had to guess, I'd say in late 2015 or early 2016. So I'm by no means an old fella in the MC sense. I first just played some offline maps, but then also played on some multiplayer servers. At first my choice of server was limited, because - and this may upset some people - I hadn't actually bought an account and needed a cracked server. I played for a few months on a server or two and made some friends and acquaintances. But at some point I got tired of MC and took a break of at least a few months.

That's when I finally got to my now long time home, WinterCrest. I was looking for a relatively small MC server (some of the servers I'd been on previously had been huge and thus chat was impossible to follow) and eventually I found this neat little group. This was back in late October 2016. I don't remember what exactly made me stay here, but I did feel I was a welcomed member of the community (which - by the way - was super friendly : ). Since I'm not an aesthetic builder (not good at it, at least), I mostly built farms and started up a shop. I met a lot of nice people on here and had quite a bit of fun on Discord voice chat as well. At some point I was invited to join the staff team as well, but that's not really that important at this point.

To continue my story on MC (namely, WC), I also met my current girlfriend on there. Her name's Kate and she lives in Scotland (literally, a thousand miles away). While she joined quite a bit after I did, she immediately made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. In a month or two, we decided to meet up at her place and have been together ever since. We had our one year anniversary while she was at my place last week, it truly has been a magical year. A year in which we've not only met up at mine and her places but also gone to Amsterdam for holiday, for instance.

Well, that's my MC story. I'm sorry if it's too long for most of you to read, but I hope somebody does.

All the best,
-Ford
Posted by avatar
drives_a_ford
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

6 replies

05/30/2018 3:02 am
Level 14 Journeyman Princess
makeSpaceforGrace
Welcome! Hope you like PMC!
05/29/2018 3:55 am
Level 4 Apprentice Architect
Xaiviay
Hello and welcome to PMC! So heartwarming to read your story about how you met your girlfriend through minecraft. I'm happy for you and glad you've had a magical year!
I'm glad you were able to get into minecraft and find some nice little groups, and it's pretty impressive that you help to keep AA2 up!
Hope you enjoy your time on this site.
05/26/2018 3:23 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Taco
onelungx
that was deff quite the intro lol..... i honestly cant remember if i made one of these post hah. but ive deff made several others since joining! and as ole Mercy i read it all as well and three things caught my eye for sure. 1. your age, im 30 so were damn near the same age and its hard to find people around our age playing. or at least it has been for me. 2. AA holy crap i used to love AmericasArmy that was actually a pretty impressive online game that i too spent many hours playing. no where near as much time as you though, i bet your skills on there after that much were ridiculous! 3. just the mention of scottland lol i love scottish people and their accents. any ways it would be cool to possibly hop on discord and play some MC sometime. if interested all my info is on my profile to reach me, and message any time!
05/27/2018 3:19 am
Level 2 Apprentice Miner
drives_a_ford
Haha, thanks for the reply :)

1. It's not that common for people in their late 20s or early 30s to play the game. I don't know why, I guess most just view it as a game for children (which it clearly doesn't have to be - just look at what you can do with redstone or all the popular MC youtubers).

2. Yeah, AA was fun as hell :) I was pretty good back when I still played (I don't play actively nowadays), but not nearly at the level of the best players.

3. I like one Scottish person :D

As for playing, since I've become Admin on WinterCrest I don't really have time for other servers, I'm afraid.

And it's odd, I thought I'd get a sort of notification if someone messaged under my thread, but alas, no.
05/26/2018 3:28 am
Level 39 Artisan Pixel Puncher
TomConn
I read it all, and it's an amazing story you have :D

And Welcome to the communtiy friendo ( Maybe your Girlfriend should make one too ;D )
05/27/2018 3:20 am
Level 2 Apprentice Miner
drives_a_ford
Thank you :)

I'm sorry for such a long essay though. I know it'll make a lot of people not read it.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome