Hello everyone! I'm here to try bring the blockchain to Minecraft!

_Salival_'s Avatar _Salival_1/14/22 10:47 pm history
1/17/2022 6:04 am
_Salival_'s Avatar _Salival_
Hi everyone - it's lovely to meet you all!

I have been a server owner of a popular Australia RLcraft server (Just-RLCraft) for a little over 2 years and have had my voting site here but never said hello. Well, hello! :)

I want to tell everyone about a little project I am working on, and would love some support from this great community!

At the moment, we have taken Just-RLcraft and made it into Just-MC (MetaVerse) - a network that will be expanding with new gamemodes.

More specifically, I am developing a server using Enjin's, EnjinCraft BlockChain plugin.

This server is a dungeon-based, towny-type server that will allow users to earn and collect NFTs on the Enjin Blockchain. Additionally, I aim to maybe one-day have this server P2E allow players to earn crypto on the server itself! If this is something you wanna see happy, please come join us on the discord/network and check in :D I would love to meet as many of you as possible.

Check out the official network page here: https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/just-mc-metaverse

Thanks for taking the time to read this I hope to meet a lot of you soon :D !
_Salival_
Level 18 : Journeyman Whale

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/16/2022 11:36 am
Level 35 : Artisan Procrastinator
snivvy04
bruh
how do you even make nfts on a block game
01/17/2022 2:37 amhistory
_Salival_
Correct!

We are using EnjinCraft's Minecraft plugin (https://enjin.io/blog/enjincraft-plugin-for-minecraft)

As for specifics... You make 3D models or custom items that are stored on the blockchain. Both fungible and non-fungible tokens can be made !
01/17/2022 4:15 am
Level 35 : Artisan Procrastinator
snivvy04
The blocky guitars look cool and all,
but no thank you.
01/16/2022 11:00 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
Ewwww, NFT
Care about the world, your actions can hurt us all

NTFs are a world pollution
01/17/2022 2:56 am
_Salival_
Although I respect your opinion and can see you are passionate about the environment, please consider this fact

"A recent report from Galaxy Digital found that the Bitcoin network consumes less than half the energy consumed by the banking or gold industries. ... It found that Bitcoin consumes 113.89 terawatt hours (TWh) per year, while the banking industry consumes 263.72 TWh per year."

The companies that push the 'environmental FUD about crypto are the ones that are actually do much worse! If we were to switch to pure blockchain over banks - we would be serving the environment a favor :)
01/17/2022 4:04 am
Level 30 : Artisan Zombie
RockinReptite
Okay, that's cool and all, but can you explain how this would be doing the environment a favour when many people who waste their time with cryptocurrencies will just go to wherever energy is cheapest, meaning that it's much more likely that they'll be working with some of the more damaging energy sources we have at our disposal?

And what about all those wasted chips, cards and other similar parts that need to be replaced far too often while you're doing these things that prevent people who just want to make a PC for life's more useful and worthwhile tasks from being able to get all the things they need?

Can you explain how NFTs aren't scams, and why it makes sense for people to be wasting their time on something that doesn't really exist and then pretending that it's real money even though it's less than worthless?

Oh, and what about all these mysterious benefits to society that cryptocurrencies are supposed to have that I keep hearing about, but that people only mention and never talk about? Can you explain that, and how these benefits outweigh all of the negatives that come with them?

...I honestly don't think you can answer those questions, but I'll be surprised if you answer them with something that actually makes sense. The ball's in your court now.
01/17/2022 6:00 amhistory
_Salival_
Wow, that's a lot of questions.

Let me try and break this down as respectfully as possible...

" but can you explain how this would be doing the environment a favour when many people who waste their time with cryptocurrencies will just go to wherever energy is cheapest, meaning that it's much more likely that they'll be working with some of the more damaging energy sources we have at our disposal?"

Well, these companies (in my case Enjin) are very focused on reducing their carbon footprint and have plans to reduce the amount of electricity required. Much like our cars, phones, etc, etc these are all services that aren't "doing the environment a favour" - but are a necessity that we need in every day life, we can only make this technology better and more eco-friendly. Therefore, our argument should not be to eliminate these things, but to adapt them and make the sustainable. This has been the model with everything. As for the "cryptocurrencies will just go to whatever energy is cheapest" is incorrect, as blockchains are actually steering the opposite way and making other ways to achieve the same thing, without using excessive amounts of
energy (look into staking, proof of stake, sharding). Check out Enjin's considerations to the environment here: enjin.io/blog/carbon-neutral-nfts-by-2030
01/17/2022 6:01 amhistory
_Salival_
"And what about all those wasted chips, cards and other similar parts that need to be replaced far too often while you're doing these things that prevent people who just want to make a PC for life's more useful and worthwhile tasks from being able to get all the things they need?"

This is aside the fact, people want whatever they want and graphics cards are one them. Whether it was for a new game, VR, or whatever... There is a demand for it which means that supply is low. You might be upset that Crypto has made it hard to get good PC parts - but that is merely just the price of something being popular! I dont think this point is too important, as supply chains adapt and with time they will fix their shortcomings in the supply chain.
01/17/2022 6:02 amhistory
_Salival_
"Can you explain how NFTs aren't scams, and why it makes sense for people to be wasting their time on something that doesn't really exist and then pretending that it's real money even though it's less than worthless?"

To claim that NFTs are a scam would be similar to claiming that art in general is a scam. To claim "then pretending that its real money even though its less than worthless" just plain doesnt make sense because they aren't worthless... Have you seen the price of BitCoin? Value is not only determined by a mathematical formula (nor tangibility) and is also a psychological construct of perceived valued. We have all agreed that crypto contains value, therefore, it does - and that's all that matters. It's actually identical to actual money as actual money is not 1-for-1 backed by gold in the reserver... But yet, we agree that $1 equal $1 - regardless of whether that $1 is backed with gold or not. As for the "scam" part, its equivalent to saying pokemon cards are a scam... Just because you might not like it, or think its cool - doesnt mean someone else doesnt see value in it.

"Oh, and what about all these mysterious benefits to society that cryptocurrencies are supposed to have that I keep hearing about, but that people only mention and never talk about? Can you explain that, and how these benefits outweigh all of the negatives that come with them?"

The benefits of crypto are decentralization (which can be a con too) and not having one entity control our finances. The other benefits are we are creating new digital currencies that can be used in every day business that doesnt rely on banking institutions. To say it's better or worse doesn't matter, it's an alternative that people are using and it's working well in the businesses commerce. Of course, there are cons... It's evolving technology. As for the benfits of NFTs? Well, again that is determined by individual. You could ask what is the benefit of buying Minecraft for $30? The benefit is personal, and if I like it and perceive it as something I want to own and so do others... There is the benefit, i.e., enjoyment. Its literally the same as asking "what is the benefit of pokemon cards".
01/16/2022 10:54 am
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc3994615
[deleted]
01/17/2022 2:37 am
_Salival_
Yes sir!

We are using EnjnCraft's (https://enjin.io/blog/enjincraft-plugin-for-minecraft) plugin that allows us to connect to the ENJ blockchain :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome