Hello, I'm Edwynn!

Edwynn's Avatar Edwynn1/15/19 2:39 pm history
10 emeralds 349 22
2/5/2019 11:17 am
TheArchitect1995's Avatar TheArchitect1995
I joined a good bit ago, but I think today is the day I actually try and mess around with the site more, as well as get myself acquainted to everything here!

But hello! My name is Edwynn. I'm a pretty new player to Minecraft, having watched a lot in my teenage years but never actually playing it? I bought it finally about a month ago and I'm absolutely hooked with it; been playing both Vanilla and Modded, and having a right good time, haha!

I'm a young adult who's trying his best with learning more with Minecraft, namely in terms of builds since I'm utterly dumb with how to construct visually appearing buildings and homes (Boxes, boxes as far as the eye can see...) but hopefully in time I can learn to better my builds and not just hoard resources, haha!

I found Planet Minecraft when I was trying to find a new skin since I was rocking default Alex for so long, and let me say this site is a lovely little thing. I love all the creative skins and packs people make, and I'm sure the community is just as lovely as well!

I hope to make quite a good impression here! I may not be much of a creator, but I'd love to interact regardless!

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Edwynn
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/05/2019 11:17 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
Welcome to Planet Minecraft! :)
01/22/2019 2:48 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Welcome to the community then : D
And hey, if you want tips or want to build with a small community, then just ask me - I've been building for around 3 years now and with the help of some building friends, we have a small community and a multiplayer server :D
01/19/2019 11:07 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
AgentShieldjj
Welcome to PMC dude!
01/16/2019 7:52 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Narwhal
pastelnarwhal
Hey, welcome! If you're interested in communities, have you tried multiplayer servers yet? (Idk if you count that as vanilla, it's not really that.) Anyway, if you haven't I recommend it!
01/17/2019 6:38 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Edwynn
I haven't, but I have been interested in them, either modded or, well, Vanilla! I just don't know good ones outside of my friend circle, haha.
01/16/2019 3:25 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Welcome to the community! ^_^
01/16/2019 12:17 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
FrostBurnJW
Hello Edwynn! Welcome to PMC!
If you want to get better at building, I suggest just going into creative mode, watching some other builders/looking at builds that interest you, and trying to make them yourself. Once you feel like you have the basics down, try making designs yourself!
If you're worried about practicing in creative vs. survival, I still suggest getting used to the process in creative first. Once you have the basic idea down for how the build should look, then you can try making it in survival. Again, just practice until you are comfortable enough to make the design in your head regardless of playing in either creative or survival! Really, the only difference is using scaffolding blocks. I find either dirt (with an Efficiency 5 shovel) or netherrack (with an Efficiency 5 pickaxe) to be the best. They aren't hard to gather large amounts of and are very easy to take back down once you're done using them.
Just don't give up! From one builder to another, I know you can get it!
01/20/2019 11:15 pmhistory
Level 27 : Expert Explorer
barrowisp
I created a floorplan and then built that house like 5 times, in different worlds. Yes, it goes much easier now than at first :D and I've made a few tweaks/improvements. Soon I hope to share it as a schematic.

For roofs and furniture I had to use creative mode to try things out (otherwise would go nuts) but now I've found mods for furniture!
01/21/2019 8:34 pm
FrostBurnJW
Yep, it's all in the practice!
Personally, whenever I am making a new build, I build it around 5-6 times before I am really comfortable with how it should be built.
01/16/2019 12:25 am
FrostBurnJW
Please excuse the essay. Being an English Major in college, I just couldn't help myself! ;)
Anyway, thanks for reading (if you read all of it)!
01/15/2019 10:50 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
welcome to pmc~~
01/15/2019 9:27 pm
Level 29 : Expert Cowboy
Folz
Welcome to PMC! Really hope you have a good time as I have.
01/15/2019 5:16 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2558251
[deleted]
01/15/2019 5:01 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cake
RacingFanToo
You joined on the same day I did! Welcome!
01/15/2019 4:21 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
Welcome to the Community Edwynn
01/15/2019 4:19 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
Welcome to the community :)
01/15/2019 4:16 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster uwu
Kaos_Kitten
Welcome to Planet Minecraft! We're all friendly here, even if you aren't a content creator.

For practising somewhat visually appealing buildings, It's easiest to mess around in creative mode to get used to building, so when you go back to survival you're more comfortable with it.

((I'm not too good at building myself, but I try))
01/15/2019 5:02 pm
RacingFanToo
But in creative, you can fly. You can't do that in survival mode unless you have plugins. (I know elytra exist, I hate them. Not only that, but they're useless for building.)
01/16/2019 2:15 amhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster uwu
Kaos_Kitten
Elytras don't even fly, they glide. But yeah, just being able to practice building with no limits can help be a step forward for building with the limits in place.
01/16/2019 6:52 am
RacingFanToo
They fly, did you forget fireworks existed?
01/20/2019 11:13 pm
Level 27 : Expert Explorer
barrowisp
does that mean you can hold a firework to get the effect of a propulsion jet?
01/15/2019 4:13 pm
Level 48 : Master Skinner
A1yssa
Hi, Edwynn! Welcome to Planet Minecraft! :D I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome