How I Plan To Be An Influential Member in the MInecraft Community

EpiphonicG's Avatar EpiphonicG6/26/19 6:17 am history
6/27/2019 3:30 pm
InfamousArgyle's Avatar InfamousArgyle
My name is Shiloh, I'm 23 years old, and I first started playing minecraft way back when in beta 1.5. The game was amazing right off the bat for me because I had figured out how to run a server for my friends and I, and multiplayer minecraft was a gamechanger for me. After starting many new worlds and getting good at the basics, We decided to run our first public minecraft server off my little laptop. I posted here so so many years ago to publish my first server and because the game was so new and growing in popularity, I had 15 people join in the span of 5 minutes. What a rush! Unfortunately my laptop was only capable of sustaining 3 to 5 people. We quickly realized we needed dedicated hosting. I had found a server for only a few dollars a month, and tinkered with hosting public servers. Minecraft eventually faded from my interest....

Until recently!! Now i'm back at it with WAY more vigor, WAY more life experience and leadership skills, and a COMMUNITY at my back.

4 months ago I started a new SMP server named Epic's Odyssey and the important thing i did this time was i picked the right staff! Within the first day i secured 2 trustworthy players who I opped into the team. Together we focused on server retention and making sure players were having a great time. Then one day the legendary AKTRON7 logged on and started telling me about his potential usefulness as a tech advisor. That day I brought him on board and things couldnt have been going more in my favor since.

A few resets later and we rebranded to the "AltaVelos SMP Minecraft Server", what a beautiful and classic name. Our last reset was the FINAL reset as everything is absolutely perfect in our world and the community couldn't be happier....

Speaking of the community... AltaVelos currently has 115 members. With an average of 15 to 20 players during peak hours, and it has only been running this way for 2 weeks! We use our active discord to check in on each other in and out of the game and our voice chat is POPPING OFF.

Some other things to quickly mention.. I have an amazing staff and community who i love to death and spend many hours with every day. I love being big boss man. I am hoping to use our popularity to promote my minecraft videos and even my original music which i post in my videos (and on soundcloud)

EpiphonicG
Level 24 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/26/2019 7:26 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Is this an ad post that avoids giving the IP (given there's no ad section anymore, I guess that's the only way to skimp through it)?
06/26/2019 7:48 am
EpiphonicG
I guess you can say it is an ad however more about myself as a whole because I mention my music and I wasn't trying to get anybody into the server just trying to get nice posts on the website and some profile visits.
06/26/2019 7:05 pm
Level 24 : Expert uwu
Girouette
no u
06/26/2019 10:21 pm
EpiphonicG
youre right. it was me.
06/26/2019 7:26 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Welcome (a bit belated, but still).

Quite the plan you have: hope everything lives up to your expectations with your server, but 'influencial' might also get an assit from regular interaction with the other denizens…
06/26/2019 10:21 pm
EpiphonicG
No I thank you for your reply! Not belated at all! I realize the magnitude of attempting to become an "influencer" in any community. But I feel like if I set and reach my goals, my consistent growth will attract more and more hype my direction. I'm no movie producer, but my videos are short and worth the watch. I'm no techie, but my minecraft server has all the things necessary to be the best "new" server of 2019.
06/27/2019 5:20 am
raidarr
Many servers claim to try and be the best new thing. It is all well and good to be ambitious, but that doesn't seem to be the soundest claim in the world.
06/27/2019 7:01 amhistory
EpiphonicG
Sure then the only claim im going to make is "if you log in to my server, expect to be greeted by 4 or 5 people, expect to be asked to build in a town (we have dedicated mayors for this very reason, all roleplay no plugins) expect to hear mature voices in our discord group chat and chill group with a mix of boys and girls of all ages mostly 16+. Expect the staff to handle every single greif or theft issue within hours. Expect a LOT of great things from us) But hey. I was just excited to tell you about how awesome my server is doing before you shat all over my dreams.
06/27/2019 10:41 am
raidarr
If your dreams are dependent on being fed amazement at claims of amazingness, you need to strengthen up your backbone.
06/27/2019 2:21 pm
EpiphonicG
Oh you're not actually joking?? I was just joking. Im just happy about what I have and I wanted to show you all. Your input is appreciated though.
06/27/2019 1:38 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
Torojima
The change of the term "influencer" from taunt to honorary title indicates the downfall out our society.
06/27/2019 10:55 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Welcome to PMC! I hope you have a great time here. I'm glad that you came back to Minecraft after taking a break. :)
06/27/2019 3:30 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
As long as you are willing to adapt and continue to think outside of the box, I think you'll be really successful with this attitude. Good luck out there and can't wait to see what you do next!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome