Introducing the real me

Hollask's Avatar Hollask4/13/15 6:17 pm
1 emeralds 1.9k 61
4/16/2015 1:35 pm
OnyoWigglyPotato's Avatar OnyoWigglyPotato
Hello everyone. I know I'm not new here. I know I've been around for a while, but I have grown tired of the façade I have been hiding under. Up until now you have known me as Me2367, Hollask or maybe even Stephen. Whichever name it was, it was always a male persona. Today I have decided to come out on this site as the real me. My name is Abigail and I was born in a boy's body. I still am in one, but in no doubt as to who I am. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be the girl I am. Then a few years back I learnt about the transgender community and all at once I wasn't alone in this world. There were others like me. Still it didn't make the day to day charade infront of everyone easier and in december of 2013 I broke down. The same day I was sent home from school due to the breakdown I came out to my parents. I spent almost all of that schoolyear at home suffering from depression and finally went back to a new school in September 2014. Since then the daily pretence at school has ground me down again and I need somewhere to be me. I have several friends here on this website and I know the community here is mostly accepting so I'm outing myself to all of you.
I am Abigail, a teenage girl stuck in the wrong body. My physical form needn't concern anyone here anyway as you can't see me.
I am Abigail and this is me coming out.
Hollask
Level 29 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/16/2015 1:35 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
OnyoWigglyPotato
Well hey Abby.
04/16/2015 12:13 pm
Hollask
Dialga
me2367I'm so sorry to hear that you parents reacted so badly. You know you can always cone tome if you need help or someone to talk to. I can't understand how people can react like that.

It's because of their religion. They are huge homophobes and transphobes

I hate how people use religion to justify such things. Religion should be about spreading peace, not used as a shield to hate people with.
If you're interested we have created a LGBTQ+ Support hub on the site, where we can try and help each other with problems and hopefully it wil be a safe haven from the hate we experience elsewhere.
04/16/2015 12:05 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
me2367I'm so sorry to hear that you parents reacted so badly. You know you can always cone tome if you need help or someone to talk to. I can't understand how people can react like that.

It's because of their religion. They are huge homophobes and transphobes
04/15/2015 4:49 pm
Hollask
Santi, I really like the clothes in that picture. The butterfly on the top really adds to it, as butterflies are sort of my thing. Personally I'd probably leave the belt off, just not something I like so much.
As for buying clothes I feel with you there. I always hated clothes shopping, because I always had to go through boys clothes when not far a way all the clothesI wanted to wear were there. Ihaven't been shopping alone yet, I'm too scared, I've only been whenI'm with my girlfriend (we live in different countries, so it isn't often) and I try to play the disinterested guy, while actually picking out things that she then buys for me. I pay her back of course.

DialgaIf it makes you feel any better. I'm trans too. I went through the same thing as you. Although my bio says I'm female, I am stuck in the body of a male. My parents religion made it hard for me to come out. When I did, I would have gotten a slap in the face if it wasn't illegal. My parents have virtually disowned me and now I live with my sister. The depression for me lasted awhile, so much so that when I was supposed to meet up with them for Christmas. I broke down again at the thought of more verbal abuse from my parents.

I'm so sorry to hear that you parents reacted so badly. You know you can always cone tome if you need help or someone to talk to. I can't understand how people can rwact like that.
04/15/2015 4:34 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Welp congrats I guess! I always thought you were a girl anyway, nice to see all positive responses here!

Grats on the courage and all that, and goodluck! You've overcome one of the hardest parts by telling your parent s(In my opinion), so goodluck in the future!
04/15/2015 4:30 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
If it makes you feel any better. I'm trans too. I went through the same thing as you. Although my bio says I'm female, I am stuck in the body of a male. My parents religion made it hard for me to come out. When I did, I would have gotten a slap in the face if it wasn't illegal. My parents have virtually disowned me and now I live with my sister. The depression for me lasted awhile, so much so that when I was supposed to meet up with them for Christmas. I broke down again at the thought of more verbal abuse from my parents.
04/15/2015 9:01 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
04/15/2015 7:47 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
cutepinko
Yes, yes yes, you're awesome. stay strong. I love seeing people brave enough to face this world with their true self. Abigail, I'll support you all through the way.
04/14/2015 8:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Tech
That's pretty brave of you.. so brave I should say that I'm a boy who wants to be a girl. I would never tell my parents though; they'd be too shocked to believe it. I've gotten away with some pretty sneaky things, too, if you know what I mean I would never have said this to people if it wasn't for you, me.
04/15/2015 1:27 am
Hollask
Coming out to parents can be extremely difficult. I took over a year of planning to finally come out to mine and it didn't happen how I'd planned. I told my mum on the day of my breakdown when I was just in bed crying myself to sleep. She came in and found me like that and insisted I tell her what was wrong.
Coming out can be scary, but provided it all goes well it's a real relief. While coming out is a choice for you to make, I find keeping it bottled up really upsetting and need people I can talk to about it.
If you ever need help or to talk about this kind of thing feel free to come to me.
04/15/2015 3:31 am
ItsMorgan
Hey, I'm here too ;3. Maybe we don't feel the same about these things (While you're a guy who wants to be a gal, I'm a guy who rejects gender in its entirety) but I'm sure we all feel the same about being rejected.
Coming out is not easy, and you really should not if it would put you in a dangerous situation. For example, my pa said that if I were gay (I'm not, bi the way (See what I did there? Did ya? No? Ok. I'm bisexual (Wait, upon googling it, I guess I'm this pansexual thing. I think. I don't really like labels))) he would kick me out of the house. He's a real sweetheart, I know. Since he's a very conservative person, I guess crossdressing's out too. So, unless I have somewhere to stay and some way to pay school, I probably won't come out to him.

But it's always good to have someone to talk to, even if it's on the internet. We're here for you, maybe we can even share some fashion tips ;3. (That was a joke (Kinda))

My experience in Catholic School a.k.a. Turns out nice people exist a.k.a. My coming out story
Also, on a (slightly) related note I have a renewed faith on humanity as a whole. You see, I study in this Catholic school. You'd think a rebellious agnostic crossdresser who always choses either Chaos or Neutral in Shin Megami Tensei would have a hard time there, wouldn't ya? Turns out some of these people (Around 1/3) are the mythical "All loving christians". They don't care about my agnosticism, crossdressing or anything. If you're a good person, they like you. If you're not a good person, they like you too and try to make you good. Not in the "repent your sins or burn in hell" way, but in the "love everyone because it feels nice" way. They really are very nice.
Of course, there are some heteronormative crusaders. Not a lot of people speak against them, though, because they're like, authorities or something. Many students too. But there are nice people there, and that's enough for me.

I'm not saying it's been a walk on the park, of course. The bullying used to be pretty bad, many years ago. It started almost from the day I was born. Not literally, of course. Little me always had long-ish hair, and I've always been very feminine. Played with dolls ("They're action figures!"), always liked sewing, disliked football (soccer). Hair was pulled. Fights were had. Fights I lost. Stones were thrown. I have always questioned God, his rules, everything, so people always bullied me because "I was going to hell because I'm not a real man and don't believe in God". But it got better. People got used to me. They learned what their God really wants to teach them; to love everyone equally, because we are all the same under his hypothetical eyes. Now they're nicer.

Last year I came out to my friends. For a school project, we needed to re-enact (Is that the word?) a story from a book. We were five guys and there was a female character. I said "Hey, I... I wanna play the girl". They said "You sure?". I said "Sure. I... I kinda crossdress. Sometimes". "We know", they said. "Y-You do?". It was pretty embarassing, I was al like "ACKNOWLEDGE MY SHOCKING REVELATION, DAMMIT!". But it took quite the weight off my shoulders. Having someone to talk to, knowing that you're not alone, it's all very comforting. Now, my usual way of coming out is saying things like "That's a cute skirt", "Where did you buy those clothes?" and the like. Now, around 15 of my peeps and some teachers know I crossdress, but I'm also not very subtle about it, so surely more people know it.

So yes, I have found nice people. That's like... an unicorn or something.

So that's it for that wall of text.
04/15/2015 7:39 am
Hollask
So, would you say you're genderqueer then? That sound about right if you reject the idea of two set genders. The thought that your father would day he'd throw yout out is shocking, you hear stories about it happening, but actually meeting someone who has been threatened is sobering. (Come live with me!)
As for your coming out story I'm glad to hear people were supportive. As a christian myself (sort of, not exactly devout. I believe in a God, but I disagree with certain parts of the bible.)The way I see it Christianity should follow the whole "Love thy neighbour"thing, not be used as an excuse to descriminate against people. Also not go around telling people to change their ways.
On a more cheerful note I am all for sharing fashion tips! Tell me all about your clothes!
04/15/2015 4:16 pm
ItsMorgan
Yes, genderqueer sounds right. But some people are offended by the word "queer" so I'd rather not use it. I think of myself not as a guy or gal, I'm just me, that's all. Also, I think it's hypocritical for a society that values freedom so much as ours to force people to wear pants or skirts just because of what they have between their legs. We should all be free to do what we want.
Also, I don't think we live in the same country, Stephen and Abigail are english names, and I live in South America. Also I've read a doujin about a kid who ran away from his home and started living with someone he met online. Bad things happened to him. So meeting internet people is a no-no for me. Hope it doesn't offend you ;3

Clothes!
Oh, and I don't really know a lot about fashion (It was, after all, a joke), and I can't buy a lot of clothes. But whatever. Even while I'm wearing my guy clothes I wear hairclips (Also called Barrettes, according to Wikipedia) because I have long bangs, but that's not important. I love wearing blouses, they're so soft and loose. Skirts are comfortable too, but most of the time I wear shorts under the skirt. When I'm alone/with friends, I wear a loose brown blouse and a generic blue skirt. And shorts under it. It's less comfortable, but it's more practical.
And my friends think that it's weird for me to wear guy's clothes, because I have a very feminine figure (Yay for hips!). They've also told me that for a while they thought that I was a crossdressing woman. I assume this is a joke.

I have very "cosplay-ish" taste in clothes. I'm all for boots and long socks and frills and belts and all. But if I were to choose more "normal" clothes, they would be kinda like Yuta's

Except for the heels. I'm a barefooter.
He's a guy too, BTW.

Sometimes I think about what buying clothes feels like. Until now, I've always asked my female friends to buy me clothes. I always paid, of course. But I'm shy. I mean, just think about it. The cashier asking "Who are these for?". It would be awesome to go and say "For me".
04/14/2015 7:29 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
TBH, I always thought you were a girl. until i added you on skype and saw your name on there was stephen BUT HEY, I guess my intuition was right all along.
04/14/2015 5:17 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Hi.
04/14/2015 1:18 pm
Hollask
Thank you Olly and Pixelpony! I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how positive people have been
04/14/2015 10:59 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
Congratulations on coming out!
04/14/2015 10:47 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist
Olly
i'm so glad that this thread is mostly positive, i came into this thread ready to be annoyed and i was pleasantly surprised

nice to meet you abigail
04/14/2015 10:32 am
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
Transgenderism...

No comment, I don't want to get bashed like land shark on a summer day... Even thought I luv da h8ers

So well I'll just say I'm glad you're not directly afraid of who you are :u, there's a lot of people who aren't, and that's kind of what makes the world an evil place, we all don't stand for who we are and instead follow to closest thing to 'normal'
*tips fedora*

EDIT: Actually I don't really care about land shark analogys, that just makes everyone else seem mean and points down for them. I was never one for transgender-ism or stuff, not because I'm homophobic or transphobic or some meanie. I just think we've all been given something for a reason, and I've lived with sexual confusion in my life at lots of points, and I've lived with depression my whole life probably from being a guy, but we all have a purpose don't we? Thats just what I think. I understand why someone would make a choice like this, so don't think I'm telling you you shouldn't let Abi free, I'm just sharing an opinion.
04/14/2015 5:01 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Engineer
hmmcrunchy
Very brave coming out well done

other guys lup etc - don't jump on people who wish you well, but don't understand, also don't confuse negativity with ignorance (not meant as rude but as lack of knowledge on the subject).

many, not having ever been in this situation, may feel a little uncomfortable or confused on the subject, this doesn't mean they are negative or against transgender gay etc..

I think in those cases take time to explain and be as understanding to them, as you'd like people to be to you.
04/14/2015 9:04 am
Hollask
A couple of people said they don't agree with me, which seems like a negative reaction. Perhaps I'm just being overlysensitive, as they aren't being outright mean, it just comes off as a bit transphobic.
04/14/2015 10:10 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Engineer
hmmcrunchy
maybe that they just don't understand, Could you explain fully to someone who is entirely comfortable with their being, how it feels to feel like you shouldn't be in that body?

It may not be transphobic, just think you are playing for attention as they don't know what it would feel like..

perhaps they don't believe that feeling exists or think its not a choice people have, who knows

just being devils advocate
04/14/2015 10:42 am
Hollask
IT certainly won't be easy to explain, as it's how I've always felt for as long as I can remember, though I can try my best to explain it.
I have concrete meories of asking someone in primary school in England whether they wanted to be a girl too and being ccompletely taken a back when they told me no, not even for a day to see how it was. At the time I was 7 at most. Now 9 years later my feelings have only intensified.
Let's start with clothes, as they are probablyy the easiest for people to understand. I'm sure we all have clothes we hate and some we love. For me even the best male clothing is bearable at best. I am a huge fan of the softer, lighter materials of feminine clothing and the freedom of a skirt is the most wonderful thing. Especially if you twirl, the way it spins is amazing. But wearing trousers or leggings can be great too. Male and female clothes are typically made of quite different materials, but even without that just the knowledge can be upsetting.

Other things that are really difficult is just someone using the wrong pronouns. Honestly that can be one of the most upsetting things. Can you imagine if someone just started calling you by the wrong pronouns and a name for the opposite gender all the time? Now imagine everyone did that, everyone treated you like the wrong gender, The thing about GID or Gender Identity Dysphoria (Transgenderism) is that while direct causes are largely unknown, it has been confirmed that typically we do have brains that more strongly resemble those of the gender we feel. It is more than just a feeling, we literally are one brain stuck in the other gender's body. This actually causes physical discomfort. Maybe not every hour of everyday for some people, but for others it is. Me? I go through spells. It's always there, but sometimes it's far worse than other times. It is a horrible sensation that I can't really describe.

One more thing I'll try to explain here is again to do with misgendering, Everytime we have to fill in our gender on a form we have to fill in something that we know isn't right, misgendering ourselves. But worse than that is public bathrooms. Going into the door labelled with a little stickman is not pleasant. Often times I have just sat on the toilet and cried after entering the bathroom.
Only one thing of the sort is worse. Changing rooms. Take gym class in schools for example. Would you want to be forced to change infront of the opposite gender? No. Even if physically I am male being forced to change in a room full of half dressed guys and being forced to undress infront of them myself is awful. YOu wouldn't expect a cisfemale person to do it. It feels the same for us, except we can't say anything for fear of transphobia. There are so many cases of parents abandoning their kids for coming out as trans, it's absolutely horrible.
I realise my explanation may not be the best, but I hope I have helped anyone struggling to see our position understand.
04/14/2015 4:41 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
Sometimes I wish I could upvote. .-.
That actually explains it a lot - makes more sense to me now. Shame people can't accept some facts. :C
04/14/2015 5:13 pm
Hollask
I'm just glad I could help clarify things for you. Of course, not everyone is the same or experiences GID the same, but that's how it is for me.
04/14/2015 4:15 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Lupinum
(Can't Delete this post)
04/14/2015 4:01 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
Wow, super brave~ Congrats on coming out. ^.^
04/14/2015 3:19 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
That's nice and brave and all, but I don't think this is the best place for it.
04/14/2015 4:17 am
Lupinum
STFU... Abby wants everyone too know who she is, its no different from someone else posting an introduction...
04/14/2015 4:41 am
Hollask
It's ok' calm down, I can see Nubslayer's point. Why come out here, when there are forums specifically for transgender people? I came out here because I'm active here and want my many friends here to know the real me. I will say now that my first time coming out was on some trans teen forums and while it was a relief it isn't the same as making sure people Isee daily know who I am. So while this might not typically be the best place for coming out it is for me.

Also I prefer spelling it Abbie myself, I just like the look better.
04/14/2015 2:22 am
Lupinum
Hey Abby (which nickname would you like best?) seriously well done for staying true to you, no matter what anyone tells you, you are human, you are beautiful :* If you ever need someone to talk to then pm me also if some (insert any swear here) starts quoting any scripture from any holy book at you just ask them "Isn't gluttony a sin too?" and flick your hair and walk off proudly
04/14/2015 2:19 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
Man Abigail, that would have taken extreme guts to come out and say, but I'm really proud of you for doing it. Nice to re-meet you like Knight, and I wish you lots of luck with the future.
04/14/2015 2:07 am
Latiodile
I read through this entire thread and didnt see any negativity :/ dont know what you are talking about xD but like everyone here says congrats! It isnt easy doing these kinds of things, me.. it took me a while to confess that I am gay but now its like... I dont care for the haters xD a bit more on the awkward side.... this isnt very known about me

Click to reveal
I am also a furry....
04/14/2015 2:14 am
Hollask
The negativity isn't so much directed at me, but at being transgenderbin general, people who don't believe in it. Not sure what exactly there is to not believe in, but there you go.
04/14/2015 2:18 am
Latiodile
another thing that confuses me, people who judge others based on their likes. Thats never a way to judge someone
04/14/2015 1:56 am
Hollask
So, we have some negative people now, but thats ok, there were always going to be people like that. The fact that they're outnumbered by such a way is honestly a little surprising, but it's really great how accepting most of you are.

Santi9809
Really, now? The very act of coming out is very brave. I know I can't do it. I mean, I kind of did already, but it was pretty stealthy, saying things like "What a cute skirt" and the like. And, apparently, everyone already suspected it, and I've always been very "girlish" so not a lot has changed.

Your bravery is remarkable. It is quite a feat to be different and free in this Mad World.

That sounded so cool.

(I always knew there are many... What's the word? Gender nonconformist? Yeah. Gender nonconformist people out there, but you're the first one I "meet". I guess I'm kind of excited :3)

Yay for skirts!
I understand the excitement, I got to know my first other transperson recenrly and I was so excited! The feeling that you aren't alone is slways a good one.
04/13/2015 10:53 pm
Level 46 : Master Nerd
KrissieFox1
We haven't met but I noticed this post while browsing and took a look out of curiosity. I'm happy for you Abigail. Was heart-wrenching to see some people already being... cruel (trying to bite my tongue here), but I am happy to see most of the comments being supportive and respectful. Take care and I wish you well.
04/13/2015 10:23 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
I don't agree with it, but I'm not here to drag you down. Congrats on being brave and telling people who you are, I suppose.
04/13/2015 10:13 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
VipahCobrah
To be honest, I'm not really the kind of person who agrees with this kinda stuff but congrats on coming out I guess :/
04/13/2015 10:28 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
+PixelPirate+
And why not?

Personally I think that it was great of you to do this, and it must have taken guts. Last year my friend came out as being gay and he said it was really hard to do it but that it was worth it, and I hope you feel the same. Congrats. :p
04/13/2015 10:35 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Kioki
Some people believe you shouldn't do this because of many reasons, a man I know from school says he is against it because the gender you are born with cannot be changed without it being impossible to not be that gender anymore.

Anyways, I'm proud of you for telling PMC this, this takes a whole lot of courage to do, and personally if I were you I would probably be too scared.
04/13/2015 9:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Gummie_
Congrats on doing this, it takes guts to do this. I wish you luck in the future
04/13/2015 8:15 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
antenna
first of all, congrats on having the guts to come out!!
i'm a bisexual whos yet to come out, so you're stronger then me, haha. i wish you the best of luck in everything and that everyone on this site is for equality. enjoy your new life, im sure it will be much easier now that youve fully accepted it.
04/13/2015 7:25 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Goblin
SharkyBoy
Wow, this is a really brave thing to do. Normally people don't just go out and say things such as this, which shows you have real courage and strength. I hope you are/won't be bullied or teased because of how you are; it's your personality and your life, others may not understand how you feel. I wish you the best of luck, just keep moving forward.
04/13/2015 7:33 pm
Hollask
I'm not really courageous. I decided to come out on pmc about 10 months ago and I've only just built up the courage to do so.
04/13/2015 7:52 pm
ItsMorgan
Really, now? The very act of coming out is very brave. I know I can't do it. I mean, I kind of did already, but it was pretty stealthy, saying things like "What a cute skirt" and the like. And, apparently, everyone already suspected it, and I've always been very "girlish" so not a lot has changed.

Your bravery is remarkable. It is quite a feat to be different and free in this Mad World.

That sounded so cool.

(I always knew there are many... What's the word? Gender nonconformist? Yeah. Gender nonconformist people out there, but you're the first one I "meet". I guess I'm kind of excited :3)
04/13/2015 7:24 pm
Hollask
Hi Wondercat! Pleasure to meet you.

sierramig
I don't know how to say this without it sounding awkward but, I have the same problem as you except I'm a girl. Not really anybody understands it but, good luck to you. Alot of people are unaccpeting but don't let that get in your way

I assume you mean you have a female body but feel male? If so then you're as much a guy as anyone else. If you haven't had any exposure to the trans community before it can be extremely confusing, but if you need help I'll do what I can, just send me a pm.
04/13/2015 7:22 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
??? I was thought you were a girl before I read this post...

Anyways, PMCers will always support you no matter what you are or who you are!
04/13/2015 7:20 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Birb
H4rpy
You're very brave to say this and even though I don't know you
I am very proud of you I myself am a Lesbian and I came out In much the same way
this made me very happy and I hope you can get the body you want as soon as possible!!
04/13/2015 7:15 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
sierramig
me2367Hello everyone. I know I'm not new here. I know I've been around for a while, but I have grown tired of the façade I have been hiding under. Up until now you have known me as Me2367, Hollask or maybe even Stephen. Whichever name it was, it was always a male persona. Today I have decided to come out on this site as the real me. My name is Abigail and I was born in a boy's body. I still am in one, but in no doubt as to who I am. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be the girl I am. Then a few years back I learnt about the transgender community and all at once I wasn't alone in this world. There were others like me. Still it didn't make the day to day charade infront of everyone easier and in december of 2013 I broke down. The same day I was sent home from school due to the breakdown I came out to my parents. I spent almost all of that schoolyear at home suffering from depression and finally went back to a new school in September 2014. Since then the daily pretence at school has ground me down again and I need somewhere to be me. I have several friends here on this website and I know the community here is mostly accepting so I'm outing myself to all of you.
I am Abigail, a teenage girl stuck in the wrong body. My physical form needn't concern anyone here anyway as you can't see me.
I am Abigail and this is me coming out.

I don't know how to say this without it sounding awkward but, I have the same problem as you except I'm a girl. Not really anybody understands it but, good luck to you. Alot of people are unaccpeting but don't let that get in your way
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome