Introduction // How I got into Minecraft

Sundree's Avatar Sundree1/22/20 11:50 am
2 emeralds 182 9
1/28/2020 6:30 pm
crows's Avatar crows

-- Introduction --

What's good guys? I'm Shotgun_Veteran_64, (idk, The name sounded cool to me in the og Xbox days lol) And I've been playing Minecraft since 2012, but it never really occurred to me; to make a PCM account until now; 7 years later. xd There's more information about stuff I enjoy on my actual profile page if you care to read.

But now about how I actually got into Minecraft, I feel like it's kind of a weird story, since I didn't really discover the game through the internet or anything.

-- How I got into Minecraft --

OK, so let me paint the picture here, the year is 2011; I think I might've been around 10 back than? Anyway, I was watching Cartoon Network in December of 2011, and a Mad re-run came on, Y'know? That one cartoon that parodied pop culture that everyone forgot about and eventually got canceled?? Beside the point, this specific episode had a little skit revolving around a little known indie-game known as Minecraft.
The Mad Episode

After watching that episode, I immediately hopped on my computer, and did research on this new game that I just discovered and came across this, my very first Minecraft video I've ever watched on YouTube.
mariominecraft awesome

After watching some more Minecraft videos, I decided to ask my parents if I could get this game. It took a little bit but finally, sometime in 2012, my father got me this game... In the form of the Demo version off of the old app store.
Minecraft PE title screen

Suffice to say, I LOVED IT. I don't know if it was the pixel-esque graphics, or just me having an absolute passion to create. But I still vividly remember the first ever house I ever built, out of red and green wool; in the desert. However, it would take me a few years until I got Minecraft on the PS3, for my 12th birthday. To this day, that might be the version of the game that I've clocked the most hours in. Not to mention all of the friends I've met on there.

I've played the original Java edition from time to time, on my friends computers, but never really purchased it for myself until some time in 2016. Currently, I have almost every single version of the game imaginable. lol The only versions that I don't own, are the Xbox versions, and the Wii U version.

Sorry if I got carried away with this wall of text, It's just that this game means a ton to me, and honestly shaped a great deal of my childhood. xD
Sundree
Level 18 : Journeyman Ranger