forum Forumsplay_arrow PMC fiber_manual_record Introductions

Long time lurker, came from XB360, now on Win10 Bedrock.

3 emeralds4 replies57 views
created 12/29/2018 7:42 pm by Maytalspade
last reply 01/11/2019 8:34 am
Hello all, I have been a long time lurker of this wonderful site. I have used this site to help me advance in MC for many years, so for that I thank you all.

I first got turned on to MC when I bought my son an Xbox 360 many years ago. We both played the free download until it expired and by that point I was hooked and bought the 360 version. I played the heck out of the 360 version back then. Mostly by myself or with a local friend of mine. One year, work was slow for me and to pass the time I found myself immersed in building my MC world night and day. For Xmas of that same year my son said he wanted me to buy him the Java version of MC. This was way before the Bedrock version was even an idea. I did so happily, looking forward to seeing him play on the PC. Come to find out this was just his cleaver way of getting me off his 360 so he could play other game lol.

After that I started playing the Java version from time to time, but could never really get into it like the 360 version so I would go long periods without playing. I think this was mainly because I was so comfortable playing MC with a controller. Then I read someplace on day that there was a new Windows 10 version of MC that was a free download for existing Java users. I never really looked into it and was just like, "Why do I need that when I already have Java.", not knowing all the huge differences. Then one day when researching how to play the Java version with a controller, I read someplace that the Win10 version has controller support built in. I was still within the window to get the free download so I tried it. At first it felt clunky but after a little while with it, I started to really enjoy playing the Bedrock version. I know many purists will disagree with me on this, but that's just how it is for me and I would assume maybe true for others that first started out on the console versions.

Anyway that's my Minecraft story and intro here. Thanks again for the wreath of info and continued support for this fun game. PlanetMinecraft.com ROCKS!
Posted by avatar
Maytalspade
Level 1 : New Miner

4 replies

01/11/2019 8:34 am
Level 72 : Legendary Cake
PMC
Welcome to PMC, we're happy you decided to join :)
12/30/2018 7:50 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Kaos_Kitten
Welcome to Planet Minecraft, I hope you have fun here!
12/30/2018 2:41 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pirate
infectism
welcome
12/29/2018 8:09 pm
Level 22 : Expert Princess
_Phrozenbit_
Welcome! :)

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019