Made a new account, thought I'd say 'hi' again.

usagichi's Avatar usagichi9/14/19 4:26 pm
9/17/2019 4:40 pm
Lemilas's Avatar Lemilas
Hi everyone,

I don't expect anyone to actually view this thread, even less actually read through all of what I'm going to write, but I figured I'd have a go at re-introduce myself since this is pretty much a new beginning for me.

I'm actually not new here, but a relatively old PMCer, and I've been around from time to time, but at my 'peak' I was actually having a fairly friendly and semi-close contact with one or two of the moderators and have witnessed what was probably the site's biggest instance of drama up until that point. I won't link to my old account, since I'd rather have a fresh start - but if anyone actually wants to bother finding my old account, here's a clue: I was a Level 38 Artisan Bunny with a planet for a profile picture, and the last skin I made on that account was an OC skin that I posted 2 years ago - although that was far from the last skin I ever made, in truth, I never actually stopped.

A lot has happened since then, of course. Although my last submission posted was 2 years ago, I actually consider my old account dead since 4 years ago, which was at that point that I (and many other old PMCers I used to interact with I see) lost interest in PMC and Minecraft in general, so I have no sense of direction or orientation about how the community is or works these days, but I can see that there are much, much more talented skin makers (back in the day, we called ourselves "skinners". Is that still true?) out there.

As for me personally, these last 2-4 years has been a considerable time of self-reflection, discovery, revolution and transformation; the probably biggest revelation of all being the realization that I'm trans. You can probably figure out now why I wanted a fresh new start with a fresh new account and online presence in general based on that fact alone- it's actually surprisingly gruesome having to go through every single social media account you have and try to either delete it or rename it. As the saying goes, "the internet never forgets", which I couldn't agree more with.

This site remembers all the long-forgotten acquaintances and friends I've made through our unifying love for Minecraft, the PMC Site (and community), and skin making, but I got to admit, it still breaks my heart to see their dead accounts - and even more heart breaking is probably when their last post is a blog post with titles either as "I promise to be more active" or "I guess this is it". You get the idea. I honestly don't know which one wrenches my heart the most, but plenty of tears has been spilled. you can trust me on that.

Oop- that got a bit depressive, didn't it? ;^^ My bad, my bad. Let's do a lightning round of QuickFaccs™️!

Hi everyone! My name is Emily and I'm a 20 year old trans girl living in Sweden! My hobbies include making skins for Minecraft, working on a fictional world of mine and making fictional races, people, cultures, languages, food, etc., etc. for this world! It involves a lot of research, which can be *really* exhausting. 彡(òω ó *) Oh, and I also study Game Design @ Uni, which is the best choice I've ever done in life I feel. I am INFP, love the colour pink and have no favourite animal cuz they are *all* precious babies. 💗💗💗

So hi everyone! It's nice to meet you all again! ^^
usagichi
Level 1 : New Crafter