Minecrafter dad looking for ideas for an online birthday

mcvos's Avatar mcvos4/4/20 8:05 am
3 emeralds 212 2
4/4/2020 9:13 am
mcvos's Avatar mcvos
Hi!

I'm Martijn. I'm totally new here, and found this forum because I was looking for Minecraft forums. I was looking for Minecraft forums because I want to set up a server for an online birthday party for my son who's and avid Minecrafter and about to turn 11 in a few weeks. And because of the Corona crisis, it's probably unwise to have friends coming over, so an online party might just be a perfect idea. Minecraft seems like the perfect way to host that, because nearly all his friends have Minecraft accounts (Java edition, there are a few exceptions though), and it's easy to set up a server, have a shared world where they can still meet, and apparently you can even customise them.

I have no idea how to customise a server though; I think it would be cool to have mini games and maybe a treasure hunt or something like that, so these next few weeks I'll probably be asking a lot of questions about that here.

If anyone has any good ideas on where to start, sites or plugins I should check out, or experience with something like this, please share. I know absolutely nothing about this; I've only played a bit of local survival. My son plays lots of Cubecraft, Skyblocks and Hipixel, and something something along those lines might be cool. I'm hoping there are plugins that can help me out; I'm a programmer by trade, but manually programming everything is probably going to be way too much work.
mcvos
Level 1 : New Miner