New Minecraft player, coming in late to the game...

DreamBliss's Avatar DreamBliss4/4/18 6:11 am
3 emeralds 442 6
6/20/2018 4:16 am
DreamBliss's Avatar DreamBliss
I am currently playing survival, trying to figure out the best way to kill mobs. I found a village using the /locate command - it is very unique. Thee place has been build in a heavily forested area with a huge cave near the middle. As I understand it villages are only supposed to spawn in the grasslands, desert and other flat bioms. Playing pretty much unmodified, although I do have some mods installed: Forge, OptiFine, ISM (Instant Structures Mod) and WorldEdit. I do use cheats, but not to get all the diamond ore I want, for example. I use cheats to compensate for what I see as flaws in the game. For example, I am looking onto decreasing the amount of mobs spawning at night. I don't want to stop the day/night cycle and set the time to permanent daylight unless I have to.

I also use the /tp (teleport) command, the /locate command and the /fill command. Just things that make life easier. I think the developers really screwed things up by not adding a much better integrated editor and more configuration options. I came to Minecraft from Creativerse, where you can glide if you buy the full version, teleporters are included even in the free edition, and you can have peaceful mobs. Still for all Creativerse has going for it I keep coming back to Minecraft and have pretty much ceased playing Creativerse.

I came to Minecraft very late, and I initially signed up at the Minecraft.net forums. That was a mistake, as I have started several threads and recieved I think two replies, neither particularly helpful. I hope this forums is better. They tell me that Minecraft isn't dead. Well I go by a game's community, and Minecraft's is non-existent. If the game is not dead it is in its death throes. Likely Microsoft/Mojang will just release Minecraft 2 and everyone will jump onto that ship. All the rats have the fled the wreckage of this one.

I am playing Minecraft 1.12.2, going through the old books, finding out about creators like FyreUK then mourning their loss the next day as I see they have quit Minecraft. The books are outdated, many links to maps here are broken, you have to fight through waves of spam for any that work. Few of the texture packs are updated, fewer of the mods are updated, almost no maps are updated. It feels like nobody else out there is playing 1.12.2 but me. Or at the very least, few are releasing content for 1.12.2.

Currently running the low-end Sildur's Enhanced Default Redon shaders and the John Smith John Stone Legacy texture/resource package on my I3 era laptop with HD 3000 integrated graphics. My gaming computer is in storage as I have no room for it where I live. I used to be a part of the Planet * gaming websites, back when Gamespy owned it. I was a member of Planet Unreal and had my own website hosted by them. So I have been around a very, very long time. I must admit I am feeling my age, and I don't think I have gotten any wiser.

I guess that's everything you could ever possible want to know about me. I will start bringing my questions over from Minecraft.net, see if the community here is alive and well, not laying in a coma like this stupid game I can't quit playing.
DreamBliss
Level 31 : Artisan Architect