New to Java Edition, Will be making resource packs

Jadu108's Avatar Jadu1088/21/19 5:00 am
2 emeralds 144 2
8/21/2019 12:43 pm
Jadu108's Avatar Jadu108
Jadu108
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/21/2019 12:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Jadu108
Bah, my intro did not upload.

Thank you.

Ill try again though.

So I am new to Mincraft Java, and relatively so to Minecraft in general. However ive been gaming since I was a wee child, building PCs for almost as long, and have been a graphic designer since 2007(Gimp 2.0/2.2 ish)

I started playing with my friends kid on PS3 legacy edition, so that inspired me to get Java for my PC, so I could share some of the mods he sees on his favorite YT channels.

Didn't take me long to find Optifine, and SEUS, and HD textures.

However one thing that irked me was most are incomplete, or even the files not named right in the assets folders.

So after seeing what it is, I decided it wont be hard to make my own Textures, Normal Maps, and Specular Maps.

Currently I am making a proof of concept resource pack, that I hope will eventually turn into full fledged releases here on PMC.

I am working on 512x512, 256x256, 128x128. It will be compatible with shaders, and am hoping to have my own flavor of pseudo realistic/vector style textures… but who knows! ive also thought about doing HD versions of other ideas that are out there, like candy land, etc.

Any thoughts, tips, suggestions, encouragement, criticisms are welcome and appreciated.

And if anyone has any questions, Ive also personally figured out quite a bit in this journey, and would be happy to help...

I am also considering creating and Updated tutorial series on youtube, that will be updated relatively frequently with each major version change, instructing people on textures, normal maps, specular maps, and etc work. However this will involve more time im not guaranteed at the moment.

Thanks again.
08/21/2019 10:42 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
Hi there, welcome to PMC :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome