New-ish to modding, hoping for guidance

barrowisp's Avatar barrowisp12/29/18 10:16 pm history
2 emeralds 250 2
1/29/2019 5:16 pm
Toma1O6's Avatar Toma1O6
I've been mining for a couple of years, single-player with occasional LAN. Recently I fell into Tekkit and have found that I enjoy modifying textures as much as tinkering with electricity. With much Googling, I've managed to download a number of texture packs and copy them to the appropriate folders, with immensely gratifying results. But unless someone can point me to a modding-for-beginners guide, I'm going to have a lot of questions for you folks, and would appreciate help directing those threads to the appropriate forums.

Looking forward to hearing from folks who enjoy teaching (like myself).

More about me:

I love teaching and promoting social justice, but need quiet time to rejuvenate, and MC fills that need. I'm content mining tunnels, or building roads, and similar monotony, but would like to learn how to create share-worthy content, such as tutorials, especially vids and in-game manuals.

My family also enjoys Skyrim together, but I don't care for FPS like Overwatch and Warframe. I prefer RPGs, simulators, and games that combine those aspects:

• Ocarina of Time <3
  • Rune Factory
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Lost in Blue
  • Sims
  • Shepherd's Crossing
  • Harvest Moon

I'm always reading at LEAST one book (in audio format) and recently invested in several by Terry Pratchett since I never get tired of his Discworld series. Other favs include Ender's Game, The Lord of the Rings, and The War That Saved My Life.

I love music (sing and dance), and critters (have cats and bird), and ethnic food (esp Thai).

Cheers!

barrowisp
Level 27 : Expert Explorer