Obviously from MCF

Laurent_Conlon's Avatar Laurent_Conlon5/22/19 4:24 pm
13 emeralds 360 23
6/27/2019 7:51 pm
AwesomeNinja886's Avatar AwesomeNinja886
Hello, people of the forum.
It's actually quite funny/sad how I ended up joining you.
First of all: I cannot call myself a professional in Minecraft. I only really started playing around 3-4 months ago, I love the game to bits. Currently, in my world, I am trying to understand how to defend against a raid, all my villagers seem to die in each world. I am unable to protect them after the 3rd wave.
Yesterday I finally decided that I want to join a community of Minecraft players and fans, so I went to register on MCF.
I wake up the next day and see that it is being archived, lol what? I was never apart of any forum in my life. Many people over at MCF suggested this place, so this is how I ended up joining you. The site seems professional, staff are very dedicated to their work, the community is open-minded and helpful.
I think I will enjoy being a part of this community.
Laurent_Conlon
Level 9 : Apprentice Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/27/2019 11:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
They decided to transfer the ownership of MCF to another company literally days before the announced archival. I still only use PMC as of now, to be honest. I just like using it a lot better. I edit the Minecraft Wiki, sure, but I still prefer PMC over MCF.
06/27/2019 5:10 pm
Laurent_Conlon
Nah, too late for that now. I am way too involved in PMC.
06/27/2019 7:51 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
Same with me. I mentioned the Minecraft Wiki because it is owned by the same people as MCF. I am an active editor on the Wiki.
05/26/2019 1:02 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
Nice to meet you, welcome to the community
05/25/2019 10:30 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
Hi there, welcome to PMC :)
05/23/2019 6:27 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
PatienceIsAVirtue
Lol. This post explained myself to a T. The only difference is, Ive been playing Minecraft for 2 years instead of a few months.. I actually got really upset when they suddenly decided to archive MCF. I would go there every day.. either posting my thoughts and troubles or simply looking through different seeds to try..not to mention, look for other minecrafters to play with..
Im hoping to find the same community here.. I will definitely miss it... But you know what they say.. where one door closes, another one opens.
05/24/2019 1:08 am
Laurent_Conlon
I really do get you here. At first, I figured that I would like to register and be apart of MCF because it is as I feel, more forum based.
PMC seems to be more "create and tell me what you think". At this point, I changed my mind. The forum is everything I would have wanted.
Then again, so far the people have been really nice. Plus PMC got flooded with migrants from MCF x)
05/23/2019 3:49 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
PandaGamer12
It's sad that MCF is being archived, i was a member of the forum.

But that timing was incredible!
And how my friend said,
Disable you adblocker!
05/23/2019 4:01 pm
Laurent_Conlon
Am I not getting something here? Are you saying that I use adblocker?
05/23/2019 4:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
PandaGamer12
Oops,i put it wrong.

Very Sorry :(
05/23/2019 11:51 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
CeIeste
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay, and even if you aren't a "professional" minecraft player, that doesn't really matter on here lol

ik a lot of fourms and people on servers can get mad about not knowing everything about whatever the topic is, but it's luckily quite the opposite here lmao
05/23/2019 11:58 am
Laurent_Conlon
Thanks, I will keep that in mind here.
05/23/2019 8:41 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
With the idea that there is no great, dark cloud without a rime of silver lining, you only need learn to navigate one site… [Yes, an illustration of rampant Pollyannaism :grimace: ]

Having swum ashore a scant 24 hours before you,

welcome
05/23/2019 9:02 am
Laurent_Conlon
Thanks for the welcome, ScotsMiser!
Not gonna lie, I have no idea what the heck are you talking about. :s
05/23/2019 7:34 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
No matter, the hour was late and the attempt to put a bit of a humourous spin on the situation likely a bit of a stretch…
…the basicv message appears, at least, to have been clear.
05/24/2019 1:04 am
Laurent_Conlon
Okay, I think I got your humour now.
I like your stylemood
05/22/2019 5:05 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
MCF: Exists for literally 10 years
Laurent: Joins the day before it's announced to get archived.

Wut ;-; that's bad timing man. Glad you found this place, though. Welcome! :D
05/22/2019 5:17 pmhistory
Laurent_Conlon
Thanks for the welcome, DinowCookie.
You have no idea how weird I feel. I re-read the announcement on MCF like 3 times and could not believe it. No way I am this unlucky, what are the odds? At the same time, it's good that I tried to join yesterday and not like 5 years ago. I can spend all my time on PMC.

This poor account will have to just sit there and collect dust now.
05/22/2019 5:21 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
The timing is surreal. 😅 Definitely hold onto that screenshot though. Fun thing to keep. 😁
05/22/2019 4:40 pm
Level 46 : Master Pirate
TheRealBlank512
"so I went to register on MCF.
I wake up the next day and see that it is being archived, lol what?" Gotta hate it when that happens. And welcome!
05/22/2019 4:45 pm
Laurent_Conlon
Yeah, I know right? Happens all the time. x) If that isn't the worst luck ever then I don't know what is.
05/22/2019 4:27 pm
Level 46 : Master Musician
CVerse
Welcome! I've been on this site for a long time now and it's great to see new people join us as well. But it's still sad to see MCForums go after all this time. I hope this site can provide you with some good content and a great experience!
05/22/2019 4:31 pm
Laurent_Conlon
The short time that I was on MCF I did read up on some rather weird posts. I was actually not sure if people here would be this welcoming.
Many people wrote that many users of PMC "hate" or "dislike" the people of MCF.
Judging by how the community has greeted the newcomers here I can confirm that that was a huge lie.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome