Old Dog New Tricks

AstroBry's Avatar AstroBry5/17/19 6:46 pm
5/26/2019 4:29 pm
Darin_the_Dwarf's Avatar Darin_the_Dwarf
Hello all,

I am by no means new to Minecraft. However I recently purchased the game again. I have been playing MC from the very beginning days, yes that's right, the alpha/beta days. Given life goes on and I grew up made career decisions and just stopped playing the game. My original account (bta100) somehow got lost or deactivated and I can no longer play on that account, so I now go by AstroBry.

So a little about me, I am 22 years old (yes, I get it. 22 years old and still playing MC. shush haha). I am currently in the United States Army and deployed (hence why I bought MC again). Like I said before, I have been playing since the early days of MC. I believe I stopped playing around the 1.6 update. For all the new people, that's far before all of the new things in MC now.

When I got back into MC, I felt so lost and confused because I have been gone for so long. I would love to play on servers but my wifi isn't that good currently. Please comment with things that I should build in my new worlds of MC, as I am struggling with ideas.

Thanks all and its good to be back!
-AstroBry
AstroBry
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2019 4:29 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Dwarf
Darin_the_Dwarf
Hi, welcome to Planet Minecraft. I hope you enjoy it here.
05/26/2019 1:04 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
Nice to meet you AstroBry
05/21/2019 2:20 am
Level 33 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
For things to build in a new world, I'd start with basic resource generators [assumes survival play] in rough time order:
secure farm (once one has 3 Fe for a bucket)
secure tree farm
cobble factory (dirt+lava+water)
cobble mushroom drop farm
animals as available, (prioritizing sheep if 1.13.n+)

As to "22 years old and still playing MC. shush haha", you may be assured there are a number of us who fondly remember 44… (& a few for whom 66 is memory)
young'un ;P
05/20/2019 10:21 am
Level 82 : Elite Batman
Exevium
Force yourself to build a house only using blocks that have come out since you stopped playing. Prismarine, purpur, bone blocks, concrete, terracotta, not to mention all the new 'machines' they've added for 1.14.
05/20/2019 9:20 am
Level 42 : Master Network
itslukemango
mc.craftyourtown.com - it's a medium-sized towny server :)

you can build whatever wherever and protect it, economy based and pretty fun with dungeons
05/19/2019 5:07 pm
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
Welcome back to Minecraft! (Btw I know someone who's I think older than 50 who plays MC)
05/18/2019 1:58 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
Hayjabugga
BUILD A FRICKEN HUMONGOUS CHICKEN FOR SOME REASON
05/18/2019 12:31 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
there's people WAY older than 20 that play MC
05/18/2019 4:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
dj3str
I'm right there with ya man! I've been jumpin in and out since 1.9, but started in 1.2.5. I'm 28 lmao! but yeah it's confusing and I'm learning as I go as well. I have a server b2bcraft.mc.gg it's a semi vanilla server and I've been getting tons of players from over seas. We keep it simple so we can learn all the new mechanics.
05/19/2019 1:53 pm
AstroBry
I'll give your server a peek
05/18/2019 11:36 amhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
Manaea
Welcome back my friend! It's good seeing old people returning to enjoy the game some more.

As to what you can do in your singleplayer world(s), I recommend checking out Pixlriffs' 'The Minecraft Survival Guide' series on Youtube, as he explains a lot about the mechanics of the game and what you can do with them.

If you really want to get into building, check out fWhip's youtube channel and his 'building with fWhip' series. It's a good 200 episodes long by now, but (in my opinion) he's a great builder and he has taught me a lot.

As for the rest, just have some fun exploring, ideas will come to you as you go :)
05/19/2019 1:51 pm
AstroBry
I have been watching fWhip and Wattles as I am drifting off at night, well morning for me haha my sleep schedule is so backwards! I love exploring and mining but I feel like that is all I ever do in MC. I'm going to try to find a server I can play on but factions are difficult. I just want to find a server where people are respectful and mature to not grief but trade. My only concern is the wifi I'm currently using.
05/18/2019 2:10 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
mr2meows
build a double piston extender
05/19/2019 1:53 pm
AstroBry
uhhhhh what? haha I've never been good with redstone
05/20/2019 10:15 am
Level 82 : Elite Batman
Exevium
You know how a piston moves a block 1 blockspace over? A double piston extender can do 2 blockspaces. Horizontal ones are pretty easy, vertical ones less so. It gets really interesting when you go to triple or quadruple piston extenders.
05/18/2019 1:42 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
bookdefender
Astro, dont worry, im playing from 1.8.8 without breaks and 1.14 is… confusing
05/19/2019 1:52 pm
AstroBry
Oh my! I feel like I was just playing 1.8.8 like it was last week!
05/20/2019 7:53 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
bookdefender
And BTW, in your new worlds of MC you can build adventure maps. If you need some help with commands, I can give you a hand with them, because I know very much of them like the one when you click chat and it teleport you :P
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome