Introducing Advanced Filters!filter_list

Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz β€’ 10/9/21 1:45 pm history
92 emeralds 1.9k 37
12/24/2021 7:07 am
misterich's Avatar misterich

Hello PMC!

The following is a members only desktop feature at this time.

Today, we're launching advanced filters for all major content sections to give you more control over what you're looking for and want to see. It's completely optional to use them, stick with our traditional drop down filters or toggle back and forth depending on what you're looking for.

Here's a screenshot of the advanced filter panel for data packs!

Advanced filters

New filters are available on Desktop for all major sections including Maps, Skins, Texture Packs, Data Packs, etc. For the most part, they mirror our traditional drop down options, except they give greater level visibility and control, multiple category selection, range sliders for stats and the ability to save them as your defaults or share them with others. They are not available on mobile until we refine the usability for small screens.

Choose Advanced Filters or Basic

You choose whether to use advanced filters or legacy drop downs and the site will remember your preference.
Look for this button on all major sections to toggle the advanced filters.

Custom Default Content Homepages!

You can save settings as your default homepage for each section!
You might exclude categories you're not interested in seeing, select an alternative sort method than our default "updated" or maybe set the source to show only content from your subscriptions!
Note: Keywords are not saved for defaults.

Personalized Content Sources

My Subscriptions, My Diamonds, My Favorites, My Submissions only appear when there is relevant content.
Example: if you didn't diamond any skins, you won't see My Diamonds on the skin section. This will reduce clutter for us and in particular new members since they won't see any source options until they begin interacting with the community & its content.

Changing the source will dynamically update the range sliders based on the content within the source. If your personal range sliders seem incorrect or prevent you from narrowing content in a meaningful way, let us know.

Range sliders for Diamonds, Favorites & Downloads

Sliders are optimized for usability. When you see a + after the max value, it means there is content greater than the maximum selection. This is because nearly every section has content that is wildly more popular than the majority. Trying to select a range between 0 and 100k is a lot easier than 0 to 2.5m. If your maximum value is the max value then your results will include content above the maximum selected.

Multi-checkbox enhancements

Select or deselect one or more check boxes. You can click the top option to toggle them all on or off. You can click and drag through check boxes to select or deselect multiple at a time.

Custom settings are shareable via URL

Have particularly interesting results, you can share them with other members. Visitors are unable to load them at this time. Keep in mind if your source is set to a personal selection such as "My Diamonds", others will not see your results, they'll see their results with your settings. For that reason, it's probably best to stick to sharing settings for "All Submissions".

What do you think?!

Share all feedback, suggestions and interesting use cases in this thread. Submit bug reports via tickets where it's easier to track them.
Cyprezz
Admin / Lead Developer
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/09/2021 1:48 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Kitten
PickleCat
Woah this is a lot to take in, but extremely useful feature!
Thanks. :D
I'll be sure to give any feedback once I've fully checked it out.
10/09/2021 1:49 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Bear
Silabear
Cool!
10/09/2021 2:04 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Loremaster
CC and CB Official
YEE-CREEPER! We got a new feature!
10/10/2021 1:26 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Loremaster
CC and CB Official
No way Cyprezz gave an emerald for that! 0_0
10/09/2021 2:17 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
MoonAstraea
This might actually cause me to use the desktop version more often! I'll definitely check it out when I have the chance, and make sure to give any feedback. :)
10/09/2021 2:26 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
mshailz
This is so exciting! I look forward to using this. 😁
10/09/2021 2:50 pm
Level 48 : Master Network
BigBuilds
Really cool update!
10/09/2021 2:53 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Birb
chickenpants93
YOOOOOO
10/09/2021 3:13 pm
Level 21 : Expert Cake
THCDPRO
nice
10/09/2021 4:49 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Witch
Karaoke
I think this will really help with the problems people have been having. Loving all the filters for sure.
10/09/2021 6:50 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
This is a really awesome update, niceeeeeee =)
10/09/2021 7:32 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Wizard
__SK__
Extremely useful feature. Thanks
10/09/2021 8:04 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
mirabilia
YES
this is amazing
thank you so so much for adding this!!
10/09/2021 8:44 pm
Level 25 : Expert Pixel Painter
Imaguy121
YES
10/09/2021 8:46 pmhistory
Level 54 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
Aurosilia
This looks both amazing and terrifying at the same time, well done my dudes!
10/09/2021 9:27 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Spongie
Ooh nice! Thank you sm!
10/09/2021 10:02 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
This us very cool :)
10/09/2021 10:42 pm
Level 22 : Expert Button Pusher
Christmaswreath
Noice
10/09/2021 10:51 pm
Level 42 : Master Wolf Whisperer
qerzy
AHHHHHHH SO MUCH STUFF BUT LOOKS SUPER USEFUL
10/09/2021 11:38 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Blueberry
Raandom
yyyaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Any way to exclude tags? "OP" "dream" etc.
10/10/2021 10:27 am
Cyprezz
Yep, it was on my list of possible filters. I need to think about how to add excluding/including tags without cluttering the panel too much as well as how to handle & display that in the title. Might have to limit the # of tags to 3 - 5. I won't know until I start testing to see what works.
10/09/2021 11:40 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Pleasenotme
Oooooh good idea
10/10/2021 5:42 am
Level 82 : Elite Programmer
Bittu5134
Please add ability to stop seeing datapack with certain tag
For example if I put oploot in the tag then I won't see any oploot packs
10/10/2021 10:24 am
Cyprezz
Yeah, I will think about how to exclude & probably should also have include tags without cluttering the panel too much.
10/10/2021 2:13 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
Very helpful and lot for a start
but we could need something more:
- Like excluding tags, that could hide the unneded works, by the filter as a setting
- ability to add own filters that you can enable without wasting time on choosing the options(max. 5 or depends on you)
10/10/2021 2:28 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Explorer
sadlittletree
Wow!
10/10/2021 6:11 pm
Level 25 : Expert Miner
binjaigaming
cool update
10/10/2021 10:28 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Cardinal System
This is a really exciting addition to the site! Good work, Cyprezz!
10/10/2021 11:01 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Vampire
SouthDakotaGirl
This is really cool!
10/11/2021 6:51 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
rx97
This is a great start! I saw you were looking at adding excludable filters which is nice. Maybe a way to search not just my diamonds, but maybe all packs that my friends have diamond as well, that could be interesting! For time scale, it feels like that should also be a more controllable parameter, akin to the sliders for diamonds, etc!
10/28/2021 6:30 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
MechaKillerRichMC
They should add the checkboxes in the versions panel so as not to choose the versions one by one, but both choices between them so that there are no search problems in more recent versions
10/28/2021 9:55 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Imposter
The ExiIed FeIIow
10/31/2021 11:08 am
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
EndermanDotDat
si, muy efficient..... don''t ask why I just spoke spanish
10/29/2021 5:23 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Technomancer
mythicaldream69
Awesome!
11/16/2021 9:13 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Mister Spitfire
This is such a useful feature! Thanks guys!
12/21/2021 3:52 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Berlingo420
why can't I choose which version the map will be on, this is fucking stupid
12/24/2021 7:07 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect
misterich
It is simply worded impolite and arrogant and in no way appreciates the massive improvement to the status pre ante.

That being said, the answer is as obvious as it is simple; how should the filter be able to do that? Have you ever uploaded anything to this site? Oh wait, no you don't, well if you have no idea of ​​the inner matter you should simply shut up or keep your hands off the keyboard. But if you had done that, you would have known that when uploading you don't have the option to choose the game version (you only have the choice between Bedrock and Java). For this reason, you should also write the game version, mods, storage format and other relevant information in the description. Some people do this quite exemplary; but many don't do it either. Nonetheless, this means that there is no entry for the version in the database behind Planet Minecraft, so the client cannot ask the server to filter for the version. So how should you filter for the version? Even if everyone put their version in the description, you would have to search through every text for the entry for each filter query; this is not only extremely error-prone and inefficient, but also time-consuming with a corresponding amount. In addition, evaluating the version is sometimes not easy. For example, almost all of my uploads are open with the version at the top, as you can still read ancient .nbt files into Minecraft without any problems. However, if I have a download that e.g. works with command blocks, the compatibility is not possible; So the question arises whether with a filter according to 1.18 my buildings from 1.17 should not be displayed anyway.
A good solution would of course be to introduce a version field retrospectively, but even that is not possible with an existing database without additional work. So if anything, then you should politely ask the web background developers to add something like this so that it can then be filtered, which admittedly would be a really good function, but don't press a stupid 3 second comment here and just everything made to offend.
The best thing to do is to think for yourself beforehand whether you have any idea about the subject, and if so, then simply use a better choice of words or just shut up.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome