🌍 The PMC Weekly April 10th, 2021chrome_reader_mode

48 emeralds • 21 replies2,017 views
PMC started 4/10/21 12:26 pm history
smolyoshino replied 4/22/2021 1:52 am

Woo! Saturday! We hope you're all having a great weekend so far. We've wrapped up a couple of contests this week. The new Mob Skin Contest will be posted within the next day or two. In this weekly we cover some adorable "plushie" skins, art blogs, a Dinosaur Texture Pack, a data pack that adds cool headphones with even cooler functionality, and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

DEADLINE APPROACHING
You have just about 2 Days left to submit your entry into the Minecraft, but ??? Community Data Pack Event designed by Bertiecrafter. In this Event, Bertiecrafter lays out the framework so that novice and expert creators can easily implement their scenarios! At the end of the event, we'll promote all of the data packs to mix and match together with the official PMC and social media accounts.

Get and learn about the required framework to implement "Minecraft, But ?????" scenarios for this event.

NEW!
We launched Spring's official Event, The Bees Knees! In this event, you're allowed to enter up to 5 times and can submit projects, packs, skins and blogs! Event means that there are no winners, this is purely for fun and to spread the spring vibes. Participants will receive a badge for their trophy case!

NOTE: Your submission doesn't have to be Bee themed - The phrase "the bees knees" means "a highly admired thing". We are asking you to create your favorite thing about spring! Bees don't really have knees, in case you were wondering.

RESULTS

Results are in for the Dark Depths Player Skin Contest! We saw some creepy, spine chilling magnificent monsters as well as magical creatures in this contest. Head over to the Final Leaderboard to check out some amazing entries!

1st Place
Pearls
by Fishkiss

2nd Place
Wolves of the Atlantic
by Michiru

3rd Place
The Pirate Alligator
by Fates

Results for the Buccaneer Bay Project Contest have been announced! Congratulations to the winners! Check out all of the Finalists here! Special thanks to Aderlyon for their involvement in this contest. They Organized and prepared the contest as well as built the optional starter map which you can see here!

1st Place

Pirate Paradox
by Bernie_F
Pirate Paradox Minecraft Map

2nd Place
The Golden Age of Piracy
by Bestfeeling

Full Map Render

3rd Place
The mysterious Pirate Island
by PECORI

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW Community Contests and Events:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed Contest
Spring Survival Spawn ContestEmerald Distributer
May 20
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Create a Character Contest
thebudgie
April 15
💾 (Mod & Data Pack) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Modd/Addon
Zombie Apocalypse - Windows 10 Edition Contest
PROTO_from_protegent
July 30

Community Contests and Events ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed Contest
Winter Wrap-Up
h4unt3dg71tch
TODAY
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Skins of RENDER Contest
MJ_mcMaster
TODAY
Themed Contest
Create a Character Contest
thebudgie
April 15
Reshade Contest
think of me 💭PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft
April 15

Be sure to check out the Community Event Calendar for a complete list of contests and events!

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

FEATURED SKINS
This week, chickenpants93 has been creating some adorable "PMC Plushies" which include mini versions of Planet Minecraft Members. Using just the head of the player skin model, they somehow squeeze in just enough detail to make the mini skins recognizable. You can check out all of the plushies in this collection.

Cyprezz [PMC Plush] Minecraft Skin
Cyprezz
Le Birb [PMC Plush] Minecraft Skinthealmightybirb
Mini Rae [PMC Plushie] Minecraft Skin
-Rae-
Blueo [PMC Plush] Minecraft Skin
BlueoDoesStuff

FEATURED PROJECT
This weeks featured project is created by a relatively new member of the site, Danchik1949. Chinese Palace features a beautiful oriental temple with several floors, surrounded by lush vegetation and a sizeable courtyard. This palace is downloadable so you can explore the castle and surrounding land. If you think this build is beautiful, be sure to check out the rest of their submissions!

FEATURED BLOGS
Have you browsed the art in the blog section this week? If not, we encourage you to do so because there were several quality submissions! Stuffles shared their skin tone color palette for PMCSkin3D for anyone to use, Frost-1 posted some beautiful photos they took of a park they were walking through this week, and there were several digital drawings as well. A couple of our favorite can be seen below. The GolemCrafter shared their 3D model of a Chlorosaurus which is a Brachiosaurus combined with an apple tree! Cute!

Flames of the Nether Crimson Forest by PixelGuard500

Sweater Weather by guineafish_

Click Here to view in 3D!

FEATURED TEXTUREPACK
The Chlorosaurus above is by the same creator of thisTexture Pack, DinoMobs!! DinoMobs contains a collection of Mob Remodels that change mobs into Dinosaurs or other prehistoric equivalents. The GolemCrafter plans to add more models to this pack as they make them. Right now, you'll find Ourosaurus, Galluraptor, Gargoylesaurus, Mushrourosaurus, Lancet, Coelacanth and more!

FEATURED DATA PACK
This pack by YokaiS will equip you with the coolest accessory, Headphones! This model has the trending stylish cat ears with a nice black base and pink lighting, both on the sides of the muffs and the ea!. If you have Optifine installed, the light will glow in the dark and stands out beautifully. The lighting has a smooth flickering animation which can be satisfying to look at.

What do these headphones do?
When you wear the headphones you will be shown a menu in chat. From there you can interact and browse the soundtracks available in Minecraft! This mod lets you choose any music you want including Pig Step!

These headphones are better than a jukebox because you don't need to have the discs on you! And, no matter how far you travel you will always hear the music you are playing

BONUS BLOG
If you're new to the site this blog by PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft teaches you how to upload images to PMC! The tutorial shows you a few different image hosting sites, so you can choose which one you feel more comfortable using.

There is no interview this week, but you can check out this interview with Boscawinks we published this week. We also have a collection containing 17 interviews!

Which Spring Pet is your Favorite?

Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 87 : Elite Cake