🌍 The PMC Weekly April 11th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC4/11/20 12:53 pm history
34 emeralds 1.1k 19
4/17/2020 11:03 am
Antiquez's Avatar Antiquez

Happy Weekend Saturday! We hope you're all doing well and feeling the bright spring vibes everywhere! As part of this spring's event, we're keeping a list of members who springify their profile, so tag us or DinowCookie if you do! We would love to see more!

In this weekly we cover several new community contests, results of a couple art contests, a couple of skins (one made by 21 of our members), a pack, an underwater world, and some Easter fun! Yay!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

PROJECT CONTEST
The Procedural Metropolis Project Contest is still accepting entries! The end result of this project contest will be one BIG city made up of the top entries!

Your goal is to build on all 6 plots of the starter map with a contemporary build style. Deadline is April 27th!

Read complete rules & details HERE
Download Starter Map HERE
SKIN CONTEST
This month's Skin Contest theme is APRIL TOOLS MEME SCHEME! IN this contest, you make a skin of an existing meme Think Ugandian knuckles, success kid, pepe frog, side-eye chloe, and so on.

Deadline: April 27
COMMUNITY EVENT
This season's event is Nature Walk, and aims to create a virtual outdoors experience to spark the spring spirit! Use all of your six senses to create something you'd find in nature; birds, a tree spirit, flowers.... you get the idea!

Each member or team can enter up to five nature-themed creations! Last year's spring event we had 385 submissions, we're currently at 191! Lets see if we can surpass last year's!

Deadline: May 1

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

RESULTS
Winners were announced for Whiteout-'s art challenge! Entries were judged on style, creativity and looks! Congratulations to The_Terminutter for first place! They included the following description with their drawing:

"This fast boi has longg leggs and vestigial wings. the wings evolved into little stubs so it won't drag the dragon down because it uses speed to pierce through its prey. based off of: ostriches, running-type dinosaurs, and desert lizards (mostly bearded dragons), and your (Whiteout-) base"

There were several other really great entries in this contest which you can see to the right.

1st Place by The_Terminutter
Provided base
That's what he have left...

2nd Place by Xadirius

3rd Place by wms98

In addition, she also announced the winners of her Art Contest! The contest was an open-theme and open-medium (draw by hand, digital, etc). Some really beautiful submissions in this contest as well! Congratulations to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place!

1st Place by Michiru

NEW!
Fishkiss is hosting a palette contest! They've used the new PMCSkin3D palette feature, which makes importing color palettes easy peasy, lemon squeasy!

Winning submissions receive really nice pixel trophies!

Click me for color palette!

Deadline: May 5

This skin contest involves making TWO entries! One must be a Skin or Drawing of yourself (or persona) in a Survivalist/Arena/Hunter setting. It doesn't necessarily have to be within this setting, (future, past, medieval, modern) just as long as it looks like someone trying to survive in an arena.

The other Entry can be a Skin, Drawing or Written Blog depicting one action that you did during the Simulation (deaths, fight scenes, etc). If you weren't involved in the sim or you don't want to do one of the actions the sim chose for you you can choose from this list.

Deadline: May 12
Nozo and DinowCookie have teamed up to bring you a coloring event! They drew a couple of cute Minecraft scenes - your job is to color them in.

You can color-fy these PMC themed pages digitally or you can print it out and paint with watercolors, or fill in with colored pencils or crayons!

We can't wait to see these drawings come to life!

Deadline: May 10

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed ContestSpring Theme: City!GamefruitpulpApril 17
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestSpace ResearchJust25Savage & NitgoApril 14
Themed ContestWorld Heritage 🌍lunaroticApril 15
Team ContestDark vs Light 💡Wildcard_Gamer⚡ April 18
Themed ContestSpace, the Final Frontier 🚀haha429April 19
🐷 (Mobskins) Type

Art ContestCape-artZappiestFishApril 11
Themed ContestPokéMobs ArcaneKnightApril 19
👽 (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Art ContestArt contest!!!!Fia Rue⚡ April 18

Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

SKINS
One of our favorite skin submissions this week was this by Phosphor. Their skin, rift, received 135 diamonds and 78 favorites! We love everything about this skin, from the colors to the shading. This is just 1 of 111 of their skin submissions, all of which you can view here!
Rift Minecraft Skin

What started out as a joke after seeing that haha429's Space Skinning Contest permitted group collaborations, turned into an actual collaboration between 21 PMC member effort to create an entry for the contest! We think they all did an amazing job with this space skin. You can see the list of all members who contributed to this skin on the submission page. Great work!
twenty-one person space collaboration Minecraft Skin

TEXTURE PACK
DinxieMintie has been hard at work creating a Steven Universe pack that was released this week!

The texture pack includes Steven Universe weapons such as Steven's shield, Amethyst's whip, Pearl's spear, Connie's sword, and several others! Food items include beast, chaps, cookie cat, durian S, guacola, and yummy apple juice. You'll also fine ores, paintings and music!

The pack will have more added to it over time!
Logo by my friend, EllieArtsy.
TRENDING ON REDDIT
This week, mattbatwings's 8-bit calculator went trending on reddit! The reddit post currently has over 16,000 upvotes and 614 comments!

Using only redstone, repeaters, torches, comparators, and pistons, this calculator can add, subtract, multiply, or divide two 8-bit numbers (0-255). Division will give you two digits past the decimal point of accuracy.

You can download the map and test it for yourself!

He also laid all of the components of the calculator out and color coded them so you can get the general idea on how it works. Check out that post here!

PROJECTS
PostCrea submitted a massive underwater city this week! The description states:

"In a marine world, far from everything, men and civilization, Octopus Vulgaris Master of the ocean decided to found his kingdom and his castle, the "PostCrea'Castle". The years were prosperous, the Idyllic setting, but one day, its most ferocious rival 'Procarcharodon' nicknamed the terror of the seas decided otherwise by attacking the city. Discover this fabulous aquatic world, with its atypical fauna and lush flora ..."

You can download the map here, but beware of the beast!
EASTER EGGCITEMENT
Easter is Sunday and some of our members are using the holiday as inspiration. AlinoeTheBunny created this texture pack that adds Easter eggs, bunny armor, and a pastel sword to Minecraft ! Purely a cute cosmetic change you can use to feel festive!
Suit up in a bright pastel skin and go on an Easter egg hunt! ebbony created a collection full of fun skins, including the one pictured to the right; just look at those adorable bunny ears and overalls! You'll find several more pastel and flower decorated skins in the collection!

Pictured below are a few of our favorite Easter skins submitted this week!
∽ Easter ∽ Minecraft Skin
Easter by OhNoAMoose
Easter blossom Minecraft Skin
Easter Blossom by succulents_
𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖉 𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖓𝖎 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑 Minecraft Skin
Wild Bunni Girl by Dephoton
bunyy Minecraft Skin
bunyy by joyigtufy

Fun Fact: This week there were 4,252 player skins submissions. Our typical monthly average is around 7,000.

What's your favorite Easter Candy?

Poll ended 04/16/2020 12:53 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake