๐ŸŒ The PMC Weekly August 15th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC โ€ข 8/15/20 11:47 am history
43 emeralds 1.7k 30
9/22/2020 5:11 am
User3209263G's Avatar User3209263G
Hello! Happy weekend PMCer's! A big welcome to all of our new members. For those who have just arrived, we release this newsletter every weekend featuring work from the community as well as new Official and Unofficial contests and events. Sometimes we feature things that aren't related to Minecraft such as art, photography, and more! If you check your inbox (located at the top right of the header of the website) you'll find more information as well as tips for navigating the site!

In this week's weekly, we're covering results for our official contests that just ended as well as results for a few community contests. We also feature a couple of skins, a comic and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Spellbound Garden Player Skin Contest : Now Live!

In case you missed it, last week we launched the Spellbound Garden Player Skin Contest! There's more to the garden that you might expect. You can use obvious garden ___ like insects, flowers, vegetables, mushrooms and more. Or usey our imagination or take inspiration from a fairy tale and make something or someone living in the garden.

Deadline: August 24

Nether Minecraft Build Contest : Now Complete!

Results are in for the Nether Minecraft Build Contest! Congratulations to Aderlyon for winning first place! Be sure to check out the final leaderboard and check out all of the dark, cursed, creepy and awesome submissions!

FIRST PLACE
Cacus' Revenge - The First Nether Portal
by Aderlyon

3rd Place
The Gateway
by Aghos

Nether Nightmares Minecraft Mob Skin Contest : Now Complete!
Results for the Nether Nightmares Mob Skin Contest are in! Congratulations to the finalists and Thank you to the 279 members who participated in this contest! There were a variety of horriying, bone-chilling mob skins; from rotten flesh hoglins to piglin attack robots. You all proved that your imaginations are as dark as we thought. Good job!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
dandelionss is hosting a palette contest called the Seasons of Time. They've provided three palettes; you choose one and make a player or mob skin based off of the colors from that palette. You can find the entry collection here.

Deadline: August 21

Your Female Dad your goal: just to make an odd face. One entry per person and your entry must be tagged "HDWeirdness" and linked in the comment section of the event page.

Deadline: October 1

CONTEST RESULTS
Winners of eggpuff Skin Contest, Wear your Heart on your Sleeve have been announced! Each participant received an adorable trophy; the forum post also contains honorable mentions and every entry in the contest!

First Place
Michiru

I wonder where my future will take me - CE Minecraft Skin

Second Place
Kaos_Kitten

Growth;Semaphorism || CE Minecraft Skin

Third Place
Billii_Smith

๐‰๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ก๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง.[CE] Minecraft Skin

Winners of Spongie's First Skin Contest were announced this week. Their forum post that features the winners includes reasons why each submission placed where they placed as well as what Spongegar loved most about each. Congratulations on your first successful contest!

First Place
ShineDiamond

_-=: Sponge Cake :=-_-_-=: CE :=-_ Minecraft Skin

Second Place
Creative_Kylee

Sponge in a Suit (Contest Entry) Minecraft Skin

Third Place

Cookie_

my entry for ๐“ข๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“‡๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง'๐“ผ ๐“•๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ข๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“’๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ Minecraft Skin

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
๐Ÿ  (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Build CompetitionCake Core Building CompetitionPat_NTODAY
๐Ÿ“ฐ (Writing) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Augmented Reality
Chiaroscuro
August 19
๐Ÿ˜ (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Reshade/Reimagine
[โ€‹Reshade and Re-imagine]
anonpmc1572080
TODAY
Weekly Themed EventA Tailor's Shop ๐Ÿ“LogMaidenAugust 18
Reshade ContestbloodguardianMellieAugust 20
Themed Contest
Digimon
The Digital Master
August 20
Challenge Contest
Three Challenges
raphaelghost
August 23
Themed ContestPMC ๏ปฟSpellbound GardenPMCAugust 24
๐Ÿท (Mobskins) Type

Themed ContestUndead World RisingKemiuAugust 22
๐Ÿ‘ฝ (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Photography  
Minecraft Photography Contest
Juliancito135
August 20
Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

โญOTHER HIGHLIGHTS

MONKEY MESSENGER
This week's featured skin comes with a very important message. In the description section of this skin, Auri addresses deceitful messages. They include an excerpt from a direct message a friend of theirs received, uncovering a very concerning motive, and one that skin makers should be aware of. Take a minute to read the description of this skin, as it also gives takeaways and tips at the end.

Months ago, Auri made a similar skin submission but with advice on a different subject. The skin is titled "Don't accept lowball offers from Marketplace teams for your skins." Another submission worthy of reading.

PSA: Monkey Business โ€“ Dodgy Marketplace DMs and How to Avoid Them Minecraft Skin

DARK DEVIL
Our second skin feature this week belongs to Romto_. Reading the description, it sounds like this is their first HD skin. The title of this skin is "Demon" and we think it perfectly portrays the scary satanic dark devil.

Romto made a second HD Skin after this one, Mike Tyson, which is equally detailed and impressive. we're looking forward to seeing more HD work!
Demon HD minecraft skin. Minecraft Skin
COOL COMIC
We've featured a few of his comics already, and they're too good to not feature just about every week! His most recent one title's "The Not-So-Invisible Man" illustrates a Minecraft character drinking an invisibility potion in front of the Ender Dragon. We won't give away what happens in the end, but we will tell you it's rather... comical ;)

Visit their comic blog and expand the August spoiler to see the entire comic!

The Comic also went trending on reddit. The thread currently has over 18,000 upvotes(!!!) and over 100 comments.

PIXEL PERFECTION
One of our favorite things about this community is their talent, and we love when they share things they are working on!

This week, Liounax posted some pixel art/gifs in a wall post, looking for feedback! So far they've received nothing but rave reviews and we can't wait to see if they make more pixel art!

Want to be featured in the next weekly? Send us a Message! We look forward to hearing from you!

What is your Favorite Minecraft Biome and why?

Poll ended 08/21/2020 11:47 am.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake