🌍 The PMC Weekly August 24th, 2019

PMC's Avatar PMC8/24/19 11:19 am history
37 emeralds 2.6k 29
8/30/2019 12:25 pm
Nitgo's Avatar Nitgo
Fun and exciting things on this week's edition of The PMC Weekly brought to you by DinowCookie and PMC! From new community contests and events to the latest Minecraft update and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

SKIN CONTEST

We're currently in the final judging phase of the Medieval Times Skin Contest. Congratulations to all of the finalists and thank you to everyone for your participation. Hang tight while our judges wrap up!

BUILD CONTEST

This is the last weekend to work on your entry for the Project 2048 build contest! We've seen 53 out of this world entries so far, from spaceships to cyberpunk cities to extraterrestrial terrain. We're looking forward to seeing those final entries!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

A new and very exciting community build contest launched this week! CaraRose challenges you to build a cozy suburban style house as your entry. At the end of the contest, a map will be made with all the entered buildings. This way, The Valley of Talented will turn out to be a collaborative effort between all participants. If you enter, not only will you be part of this cool project, but you also have a chance at winning a spot in the top-5 best builds; each winner will receive a special badge for their (unofficial) trophy case. As a participant, you'll get a badge as well. 😊

Don't miss it! The deadline to enter is September 20.

Prefer making skins? Then perhaps these contests peak your interest. Chabileo is celebrating their 4 year anniversary as a PMC member by hosting a Doctor Who themed skin contest; Time And Relative Dimension In Space. What are you waiting for? Allons-y! len-kun's angelic team is battling with Momu's little devils in their duo-hosted Angel VS Devil skin contest. Which side are you on? 👼👿

Of course these three contests are far from the only community-hosted events that are currently happening. Did you notice the Event Calendar banner on the pop-reel recently? PMC member, writer and graphics magician Chiaroscuro has been so kind to design it for us. Thanks! 😁
If you want to know more, make sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current member-made events.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET
PMC member billoxiiboy was featured on Minecraft.net for their build Aquatica! Not only is there a free download for Java, but also one for Bedrock! In the article, billoxiiboy talks about their inspiration for the build, and their experience making it. Did you know the reef shark in this build is named Collin? 😁 He was built completely by hand! Make sure to head over to the submission page of Aquatica here on PMC, to view all the screenshots, show your appreciation and grab the free download.

On top of being a great builder, billoxiiboy is also known for making amazing cinematics in Minecraft.
They made one for Aquatica too! Check it out in the YouTube video below.

🐝 BEES BEES BEES!
Mojang announced that there will be a huge bug in Minecraft 1.15! Snapshot 19W34A includes bees! And they're absolutely adorable.
The update will add bee nests and hives, honeycombs and honey. These cute little buzzers are passive & they love pretty flowers. 🌹
Make sure to head over to Minecraft.net and read the details about this soon-to-bee Minecraft update!

On Reddit, r/Minecraft, the community instantly got busy to create art of the new Minecraft bees. It's just too sweet not to share. 😁 u/dvzyoshi created this gorgeous render, for example. It's not just a pretty image but would also make a neat wallpaper!

Here are a couple more to check out, click to visit the reddit post!:

On Planet Minecraft, members are using this latest buzzing addition as inspiration for skins! Beanie created this adorable beekeeper skin complete with a beekeeping suit to keep it safe from being stung! We love the little bees surrounding the skin, it really brings the skin to life! MidgetHero made the original bee texture into a wearable skin to the best of their abilities. Nighthearted created a skin of Barry B. Banson from Bee movie following the snapshot release. Nice work, guys!

soyjak was quick to try out the latest snapshot and check out the bees up close and personal! She's tested a couple of methods on how to farm bees efficiently and has come to the conclusion that an indoor building is the best way. Did you know what if you hold a flower while collecting honey, bees no longer attack you?! Suit up with one of the bee themed skins above, and test out bee-keeping for yourself! Tag us if you do, we would love to see!

📮 POLL RESULTS

We had exactly 100 responses on last weeks poll that asked if you take part in member-made PMC community events. We were pleasantly surprised to see that 79% responded showing interest in participating and/or have already participated at least once, if not regularly!

This week, our poll question is:

What do you like to put your honey on?

Poll ended 08/30/2019 11:00 am.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake