🌍 The PMC Weekly December 31st, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC12/31/20 1:01 pm history
51 emeralds 1.3k 21
1/9/2021 9:34 am
char-png's Avatar char-png

You may be wondering what day it is because we usually publish the weekly's on Saturdays. Well, today is Thursday but it's not just any Thursday... it the LAST DAY of 2020! We made it! Who else is looking forward to the new year?

Without further ado, 2020's last PMC weekly, filled with things from the last couple of weeks!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Our Winterfest has concluded and a skin poll is in the works. So, for now... enjoy these fun facts we put together for you!

Planet Minecraft | Fun Facts of 2020!
Based off of current (as I'm typing this) statistics, here are some fun facts about 2020!

Total Player Skins Submitted:

Total Mob Skins Submitted:

Total Maps Submitted:

Total Blogs Submitted:

Total Data Packs Submitted:

Total Mods Submitted:

Total Texture Packs Submitted:

Total Collections Made:

Total Wall Posts made:

Members Joined

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

→ New Years Minecraft Party ←

hosted by interlude_vi
Date: January 1 (Tomorrow!)
Time: 4PM EST

NEW!
You may remember the 10 year anniversary Puzzle Quest put together by CaraRose that consisted of various tasks with the goal of having fun and unlocking a special trophy at the end!

She's back with another quest in time for the Holidays! Christmas Quest has 7 total stages, sending you to a special Christmas map where you'll be hunting for presents, solving puzzles, finding a secret room, and more.

Deadline: January 25

Note: The last stage has been edited to make it a little easier.
CactiFern is ringing in the New Year by hosting their first ever contest, and it's a reshade contest! The rules are simple; you must reshade the skin you see to the right and tag your entry CactiFern2021 as well as link your entry in the contest forum page.

Deadline
: January 30
New Year RC Minecraft Skin

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed ContestNew Years ResolutionLunaEclipse4304January 2
Themed Contest
Christmas House Decoration Contest
CaraRose  
January 5
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Reshade Contest
RainbowGirl's Reshade Contest
r a i n b o w
December 31
Themed Contest
Evil Glow
Nitgo
December 31
Reshade Contest
Last Christmas  Mellie
December 31
Team Competition
Skinners Olympics
BlossomBoop
January 2021
Reshade Contest
Monster GirlsFawne
January 1
Palette Contest
Old Fashioned Palette Contest
Winkwing
January 3
Palette Contest
Pick your Palette
Chaotic Stupid
January 10
Themed Contest  
Fruit to Human
VxnChxn
January 10
Be sure to check out the community event calendar for a complete list !

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

FEATURED SKINS
Over the past two weeks, there were 8,028 skin submissions! These were three of our favorites, and they all happen to pop a bit better with a dark background, so we chose to feature them this way. Halloween may seem like a memory in the distant past but our first skin feature is of one of the most Iconic and popular Halloween figures - The Grim Reaper. We think Aspirin60 did a fantastic job in capturing the creepiness of this character. Our second feature is a Secret Santa Gift to ShadowHunter42 from Michiru titled lantern in the night. Secret santa was a skinning event organized by canday . there were 90 sign ups total, and 76 skins all of which can be seen here! Our third skin feature is your classic Mandalorian. Be sure to check out the skin submission page and take off his helmet!

The Grim Reaper by Aspirin60

Lantern in the night by Michiru
The Mandalorian by Gatlin_

YEAR END RECAP

IG-FredMcWaffe recapped his 2020 in a blog post, thanking everyone for their support. He included a compilation of the projects he made this year and also provides an update on what you can expect from him as far as content goes. Here are just four of his projects he's included in the post!

Paskong UPLB in Minecraft

Union Islands - Roleplay Server Build [​WIP]

Kalayaan - 122nd Philippine Independence Day Project

Cliffside Home

WIELDING WEAPONS
Using Blender 3D, Overlord_Aqua_2 has been creating some really cool weapons. Their first weapon was published about three months ago (far right) and is titled "Scepter Weapon 1". This weapon appears to be an interchangeable charged weapon, going from a pitchfork like weapon to a spear in just a matter of seconds. We especially love the glowing ice blue. Overlord Aqua states that it took them 7 hours in total to create this weapon.

His latest weapon submission was just over a week ago and features a glowing gold trident. This weapon took a bit less time than the previous; we gather from their submission description that this specific weapon took a little over an hour! Also included

We're going to keep our eyes out for more of these inpressive weapons!

WHAT THE WOOL
Boscawinks created an automatic wool farm, that is redstone dust free and with shears refill. It houses 256 sheep (16 colors x 16 sheep per color) and produces just over 1000 wool per color per hour for a total of 16,000 wool per hour!

He's built this on the Planet Minecraft Server if you want to check it out, or you can download it and use it for yourself by visiting the submission page! The download includes schematics for the full farm as well as a single farm cell and a 16 sheep array. So you can up- or downscale the farm to fit your needs!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
First up, we have thebaum64 's Default HD Pack that gives you the normal Minecraft experience but in 128x HD! Between a better sky and amazing shadows, this pack is different from the rest, and gives a shaders feel without the FPS drop!

They originally created this pack as there was no real/definitive default experience in HD with better shading. This does not just add more pixels like, for example, faithful. This keeps the original style and pixels, just shaded and in HD.

The reddit thread has over 9,000 upvotes and over 150 comments!

Also trending on reddit with over 9,000 upvotes was this T-rex build by Sr_Mustard!

https://preview.redd.it/y866of8mrs661.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=1974276b0c7f9cd19ef3e25b2fe329314f417bef
https://i.redd.it/1dx9hk8u2z661.jpg
PMC IN THE PRESS
PCGamesN covered Sibogy's Doom map, an adventure map based on Doom 2016. This action-packed, feature-filled map has been in development since March 2020 and is going to be released early 2021.

DOOMED uses no mods. It relies on a resource pack and data packs. This map comes with custom 3D modelled weapons and abilities, custom sound effects and music, boss fights, fight arenas and levels and so much more! We're looking forward to the release of this pack!

FEATURED DATA PACK
One of the most popular data packs on the site is TheBigCube's first ever data pack called The Solar Apocalypse!

The Solar Apocalypse data pack is a remake of the old Solar Apocalyse mod that was on minecraft 1.2.5 and earlier. This data pack will make the sun huge and deadly! The world will burn, all mobs and plants will die, all flammable blocks will burn, ice and snow will melt, and water will evaporate! It rains fire and lava - the only time to explore the overworld is during night time. Other dimensions are safe to explore. To read about all of the features in this data pack click here!

If you're up for a rather...fun challenge be sure to download this pack!

screenshot of a world burning in The Solar Apocalypse

Do you have New Year Resolutions or Goals?

(if yes, share what they are!)

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake