The PMC Weekly February 14th, 2020

PMC's Avatar PMC2/14/20 7:41 am history
37 emeralds 1.6k 28
2/21/2020 10:37 pm
Preppy's Avatar Preppy

Happy Friday! in this edition of the Weekly, we cover results for the official skin contest, highlight current official and community events and contests, feature quite a few skins that range from a PMC BED to birds, and pretty pink skins in celebration of Valentine's day. One of our members was also featured on Minecraft.net this week!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
The winners have been announced for the RPG Character Skin Contest! Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to everyone who participated. We enjoyed reading your character sheets and the different skills and attributes! We hope you all enjoyed the contest!

1st

Tybalt the Peace Maker by VinylReplica
2nd

Verminlord by Drzzter
3rd

Lisa the Lighthearted by Wildflowers

DEPTH OF THE NETHER

Depth of the Nether is LIVE and accepting entries!

We're all going to trek into the depths of the Nether to gather exotic blocks and upgrade to the mighty Netherite gear! For this skin contest, let's create custom skins suitable for expeditions into the dark dimension.

We encourage you to download the snapshot and take a tour around!

DEADLINE
: February 24

icon

PITCH YOUR IDEAS!

We want your input! With the launch of Minecraft Mob Skins on PMC
means the start of Mob Skin Contests and Events! A whole new world!
We're looking to pick your brains and pull out some awesome Mob Skin
Contest Ideas!

Head on over to this thread and read carefully. Copy and paste the idea template into your response. ONE IDEA per reply!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS
NEW!
A couple of our community members came out with their own contest/event this week! lunarotic is hosting a Star Constellations Themed Skin Contest and there will be FIVE winners! Each winner receives a constellation pixel art by El Luna!

Deadline
: February 20th

Next up we have a non-competitive event hosted by Gameyeeter. The theme is Warped Mobs. Your goal is to mix up the textures of different mobs to create one weird....er.. creature? You can enter up to 5 times!

Deadline
: March 3

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestConstellationslunaroticFebruary 20  

Planet Minecraft Steve Surprise Box Minecraft SkinPMC Theme Bed Minecraft Skin⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

PMC PRIDE
LugiaGal- created a couple of PMC themed "mob" skins including a PMC Shulker, PMC Bed and a PMC Gaming Cape!

The shulker has a surprise inside. We don't want to ruin it for anyone, so you'll have to download it and see for yourself!

A Eagle Minecraft Skin
A Penguin Minecraft Skin

BEAUTIFUL BIRDS

Last week, we featured some skins that used transparency to create some unique skins. This week we saw something similar but by the same member!

DoofDank cleverly created these bird skins using transparency tricks and sorcery skills.

A Duck Minecraft SkinA Hen Minecraft Skin
These pixel pals are true pieces of art. They're simple yet so detailed. We can almost see the penguin waddling through a snowy tundra, or the hen pecking at the grass in a field. We love them all and hoping to see more!

NEW BIOMES SHOWCASE

Haven't had time to try the new update? In Shireen's latest videos, she explores and tours the three new biomes, Crimson Forest, Warped Forest, and Soulsand Valley! In these videos, she shows and explains what blocks you can find in each biome and what you can use them for.

FEATURED YOUTUBER
This week's featured Youtuber is WBCBuilds! Their channel was established last year and currently has over 40 videos! They are currently constructing the fictional city of Whiteburg.

Their latest video is a Timelapse of Victorian Terraced Houses. You can see the outline of the plots, which is a great technique! After the timelapse, they take you a tour around the build, getting an overview and "lesson" about the buildings. Learning while having fun, what's better than that?!

Along with Timelapse Tuesdays, they have Minecraft showcases, tutorials and a Minecraft inspiration series on their channel! They aim to publish a video every week.

They are ALMOST at 1,000 subscribers on YouTube!! Help them reach this milestone by subscribing to them!

PRETTY IN PINK
It's the day of love! The day of flowers, pinks, reds, hearts, chocolates... The holidays tend to overflow into the world of Minecraft, and Valentine's is no exception!

So far, we've seen some adorable skins including a pink cape with a heart on the back by hibiscus_ and pink skin showing a bouquet of flowers on one side and floating hearts on the other. MableDva appropriatly named the skin "Valentine's Day".

We also saw a Strawberry Cake skin by Weird Cake Thing that has a cute cartoony vibe, all cozy-d up in a scarf. It even has a candle on top!

Dream of you by RuesFlowers has hues of purples and pinks! We think it looks like an adorable teddy bear with a heart on it's chest. We love it so much!

Heart Cape Minecraft Skinvalentines day Minecraft Skin
Strawberry Cake Minecraft Skindream of you Minecraft Skin

LOVEFEST 2020
Rhines hosted an event on PMC called Love Fest! Between February 7th to February 14th, each participant made a submission based on Valentines-themed ideas.

Day 7's theme was PMC, and the goals was to make a PMC submission to show your love on the site! PickleCat created a PMC fanskin, using earthy colors and tones, adding the little red heart you can find next to the PMC logo. new Favorite!

{LoveFest2020} Day 7 〈𝓟𝖎𝖈𝓴𝖑𝖊𝕮𝖆𝖙〉 Minecraft Skin

Post imageTRENDING ON REDDIT
Xadirius's Biome Creepers went trending on reddit this week with over 1,000 upvotes and 48 comments! The pack wasn't originally on PMC, however, after many requests for the pack download, they signed up for an account and published it to PMC!

We want to welcome Xadirius to the PMC Community!

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET
BuildersCommunityJapan was featured in an article on Minecraft.net for their build Ihou! The article highlights the reason behind the name of the project as well as why the theme developed the way it did.

Look closely at the project and you'll spy some Japanese pagodas intertwined with German architecture, skyscrapers and steampunk style ships. Worlds and cultures collide into one beautiful build.

The build was created by 145 people in a 72 hour event! The map is available for download here!

🌟 WEEKLY FEATURES: Did something catch your eye during the week? Perhaps a unique skin or a captivating project? Send us a PM with
the link! Write in the subject "Weekly Feature Suggestion." We will review it and possibly publish it in the next weekly! Help support your fellow PMCer's by getting them a feature!

What do you like most about Valentine's Day?
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake