๐ŸŒ The PMC Weekly March 1st, 2020

PMC's Avatar PMC โ€ข 3/1/20 12:59 pm history
28 emeralds 1.6k 10
3/7/2020 5:44 pm
SalamanderManiacsYT's Avatar SalamanderManiacsYT

Happy Sunday PMCer's! We hope you're having a fantastic finish to your weekend. This week's weekly includes many new community contests, a new tutorial to bring attention to your own contests and events, a puzzle map you won't be able to resist downloading, a medieval build, fanskins, the latest Minecraft Snapshot and MORE!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
We're currently in the final judging phase of the Depth of the Nether Skin Contest! You can head on over and check out who made the finalists.

In the meantime, in case you missed it, we launched a poll for the FIRST EVER Minecraft Mob Skin Contest! There are some really great themes including what lurks beneath, mythical monsters, beasts of the colosseum and more! All themes are suggestions by PMC Members. Have a suggestion of your own? Pitch your idea here! Vote for this months contest/event theme here!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS
NEW!
Animals as humans, by DinowCookie Your task is simple: create a player skin of an animal that is dressed as a human person! There are a couple of great examples on the contest page, so be sure to check it out for the complete list of details and rules. First, second and third place receive pixel trophies and participants a badge!

Deadline: March 25

This week, cheyko reached their 500 subscriber milestone! To celebrate, their hosing a skin reshade contest! The rules are simple; just reshade the skin you see to the right.

When uploading your entry, please use the tag "dadsrc500" so they can easily find it.
First, second and third place all receive an art request!

Deadline
: March 20

ใ€Ž 500 subs ใ€reshade contest ! ๊’ฑ๊’ฑ Minecraft Skin
silversin64 is creating a Retro Texture pack and decided to get the community involved by hosting a contest! Using the provided color palette, your job is to create a steve or alex model to be used in their WIP progress pack!. They've conveniently provided a download for the palette, which you can import into PMCSkin3D!

You can check out the mobs that have been created so far for this pack here! Be sure to check out the contest page for all of the rules and details.

Deadline: March 15

Retro Bird 2.0 Minecraft SkinPOLLEN Retro Bee Minecraft SkinRetro Frog Minecraft Skin
a few skins from the retro palette pack created by silversin64

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Mob ContestSci-Fi mobsLemilasTODAY
Themed ContestRole Play / AdventureTheCrypteralTODAY
Reshade ContestShovel KnightInroMarch 3
Mob-skin ContestWarped MobsGameyeeterMarch 3
Reshade ContestAquaChaotic StupidMarch 5
(Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed Contest
Castle Building Contest
Stubbs1
TODAY
As always, you can visit the Community Event Calendar for the complete list of Community Events and Contests!

BEAUTIFUL BANNERS
Interested in hosting your own contest or event? First, check out this tutorial for an in-depth guide. It includes 10 steps to organizing successful contests and events, and goes over tips and tricks to make sure your contest runs smoothly!

After you've create your contest, you're going to want to make an eye-catching banner for it! This week, DinowCookie submitted an easy to follow how-to guide for doing just that! She even shows you how to upload it to PMC. We highly suggest taking the time to check out this tutorial, you'll find it helpful!

โญOTHER HIGHLIGHTS
MARVELOUS MEDIVAL MUSINGS
Medieval is a common style among the Minecraft community. Chances are, if you've ever tried to build medieval structures, you've heard of Conquest Reforged. Conquest is a pack with THOUSANDS of modified blocks giving your world a more realistic and immersive Medieval Minecraft Experience!

billoxiiboy's latest project attempts to push the build boundaries of such style using Conquest reforged, creating Scandinavian and medieval builds. He states that this is a personal experiment, and with these builds, he will be "pushing some conventions to their limits and challenge scale and architectural style in an attempt to see what the parameters of building with Conquest Reforged are."

Thier first released download in this project is now available: Twin Tower.

Stay connected Keep an eye out for more download releases by subscribing to billoxiiboy!

Mod List & Texture Pack Requirements
Conquest 32 Texture Pack
Forge1.12.2-14.23.0.2529
ConquestReforged-3.0.0-mc1.12.2
OptiFine 1.12.2 HD_U_E3
Better-Foliage-Mod-1.12.2
Better-Slabs-Mod-1.12.2

PUZZLES GALORE
Looking for a challenging adventure map? This week, Aandeel submitted exactly that on PMC and it's absolutely epic! Introducing: Houses filled with puzzles.

This puzzle map is a bit different than the classic Puzzle map, and uses different techniques to make harder puzzles including a sneaky hard parkour to beat to finish the win!

Difficult levels and different puzzles, you won't be bored. Let us know if you try it out!

1.15.2 Compatible.

FEATURED YOUTUBER
This weeks featured YouTuber is elfie_! Her channel was established in 2017 and currently has over 80 videos! She uploads on Saturdays and pos6t Minecraft Skin Tutorials, Speedpaints and more! There's even a tutorial on how to use PMCSkin3D and tips and advice for beginner skin artists!

In her current video, Fanskin February. she re-makes the personas of 3 of her favorite skinners,
Fawne, Kawaii andLxnacorn. Before each speedpaint, she shows you each persona and She uses PMCSkin3D in the speedpaint and soothing music.

Be sure to show your support by subscribing to her channel and also on PMC!

๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ - fanskin // +speedpaint Minecraft Skin๐“ต๐”๐“ท๐“ช - fanskin // +speedpaint Minecraft Skinะบฮฑฯ‰ฮฑฮนฮน - fanskin // +speedpaint Minecraft Skin
SKINS
This week we saw several outstanding skins!

Newcomer Kynrie uses a gorgeous blue green color palette and transparency in their third EVER skin submission on PMC, Mystic Fairy Wings. They state that these wings could also be butterfly wings! You can check out the rest of her skins here!

Mystic Fairy Wings Minecraft Skin
HollyKitty's first skin submission, a white, brown and black beagle featuring a pink collar! We think Stingray is an animal lover, as all of their skin submissions are re textured mob skins! We especially love their Allagator, a re texture of the Dolphin mob!

Shoutout to Whiteout-, their older sibling, who suggested this feature!

beagle Minecraft Mob Skin

TRENDING ON REDDIT
Berezka's Standard house #2 went trending on reddit. The thread currently has almost 10,000 upvotes and over 100 comments!

The house contains 3 floors, a stable, and plenty of rooms!

Their simple but incredibly well done build is just 1 of about 9 houses they've published on PMC. You can view them all here, along with some of their ship builds!

Post image
MINECRAFT 20W09A SNAPSHOT
In Shireen's latest video, she goes over the latest Minecraft Snapshot 20W09A.

Whats new? A couple of blocks including a Target and Crying Obsidian block. Crying obsidian that weeps purple particles, pooling at the base of the of the block. It's currently used only for decorative purposes.

You can also now climb weeping vines!

For in-game examples and a complete overview of the snapshot including an up-close look of the Zombified Piglin, be sure to watch her video!

Visit Minecraft.net for a complete list of technical changes and bug squishes!

CAPTIVATING CATHEDRAL
This gorgeous replication the the Notre Dame in France was submitted by Saywh this week. The stunning build could be mistaken for the real-life version, it's that detailed.

Fun Facts:
The Notre Dame was constructed between the 12th and 14th centuries and stands 226 feet tall.

The Notre-Dame organ involves almost 8000 pipes!

You can download this cathedral here and check out more of their breathtaking builds here!

Have you tried the new Nether Update?

Poll ended 03/07/2020 1:01 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake