🌍 The PMC Weekly January 11th, 2020

PMC's Avatar PMC1/11/20 10:48 am history
29 emeralds 1.4k 22
1/16/2020 8:50 am
FishyBusiness's Avatar FishyBusiness

Hello, PMCer's! After a couple of weeks off, we're back with the first weekly of the year! In this weekly, we will be covering some submissions that celebrate the new year/new decade as well as towering trees, a mod that will make your Minecraft night life easier,a realistic mountain range, a PMCYouTuber who was featured in their local news, and much MORE! We hope everyone is having a great start to their 2020!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
Oooo looky here! It's another Skin Contest! For this contest, design an Action RPG character for an adventure from an existing Action RPG or an OC you made to fit in the universe of that RPG!

Tell us what adventures this character might pop up in or step it up a notch by adding a character sheet with attributes, abilities and equipment! Not sure how to make one? Click here and scroll down to "character sheet" for an example!

RESULTS are in for the Frozen Fossils Skin Contest! Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who participated! Check out the final leaderboard here.

1st Place  

Exploring the Cold by Romto_
2nd Place

Reawakening of the King by DragonsDungeon
3rd Place

ice ice mammoth by canday

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTEST

NEW COMMUNITY CONTEST & EVENTS!
TobySuren is hosting their first ever contest, 3 2 1 GHAST OFF! The rules are simple: You must use a Ghast mob! No HD textures are accepted and you may use a Ghast you've created before!

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes receive a trophy!

DEADLINE: February 3rd

PLETHORA OF PATTERNS
mythicaljay is celebrating their 1 year, 50 subscribers
and level 30 milestones with a new skin contest! The theme is "Plethora of Patterns" and your goal is yo use.... patterns! But to also make it look nice. Skin OR Mobs are allowed!

First place prize receives a skin request and trophy!

DEADLINE: February 8th

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON

(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
Themed Contest
Bee Battle
mythicaljay  
January 11
Themed ContestElementals - Mob Skin ContestLemilasJanuary 11
Themed Contest
Words: 700 Subscriber Contest
CaelChan
January 12
Palette ContestColour Ramp RumbleVinylReplicaJanuary 15
Themed Contest  
Bird Up!
Carcharodontosaurus
January 17

View full community event calendar

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
A ROBUST REVIEW
While some took to skinning as a way to celebrate the new year, DragonsDungeon turned to a blog format, reflecting back on his 2019 which he indicates was his most active year on PMC! Separated in several sections using spoilers, their 2019 reflection delves into how they had to "derust and relearn", specifically targeting his skin coloring techniques.

Read about the various methods he experimented with and how it helped him develop as a skin artist by reading the full recap!

A few PMCer's made skins in celebration of the new year and new decade! We really liked that each one is unique, but all are in celebration of a common theme. Check out their colorful creations below:

2 0 2 0 Minecraft Skin
2020 by anxii

Happy New Year 2020 Minecraft Skin
Happy New Year by Kirigiri

Happy New Year!!! || The New Decade! Minecraft Skin
Happy New Year!! by Nitgo

TERRIFIC TREES
After a 2 year hiatus, Zerpen7 is back with a tree pack that adds 28 trees including various sizes of Mountain Ash Trees and Yellow Meranti trees! These types of trees would look great in a rain forest setting!

Fun Fact: The world's tallest known tropical tree is located in a rainforest in Malaysia and measures 89.5 metres (293.6 feet!)
source

In search for some smaller vegitation? rovly's tree pack might be what you're looking for!

Would you rather learn how to make your own, realistic trees? corivian published this tutorial on how to make birch, oak and spruce trees as well as the smaller versions for each type!

MOD SPOTLIGHT

Have you checked out the Miner's helmet Mod by ModdingLegacy? The mod is quite simple but very practical: it adds a helmet with dynamic lighting that lights up your way in dark areas! Say GOODBYE to pain-in-the butt torch's and lanterns and HELLO to a hassel-free helmet!

In Shireen's Spotlight video, she shows you exactly how the mod works, the recipe you use to build the helmet and She suggests using Optifine for optimal performance!

Something we should've mentioned... Zombies can spawn with iron pickaxes and mining helmets with this mod, too. Eep!

MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN
How gorgeous is this snowy mountain terrain by MinecraftRepro?! If you take a look at their portfolio, you'll notice that this is their only terraform submission, who would've guessed? Certainly not us. This impressive, realistic 2k x 2k map is a result of them moving back to France and being able to use their desktop computer after 6 months of being restricted to a laptop!

We're hoping to see more terraforming from them!

CAPTIVATING CATHEDRAL
Lockenoia's first build in 4 years has us absolutely blown away! Their build it based off of St. Basil's Cathedral, located in the Red Square, Moscow. The colorful cathedral is actually 9 churches in 1 that are aligned to points on the compass. The cathedral wasn't always so colorful, as the original color was said to be white with gold domes.

Another fun fact: the cathedral’s Italian architect was purposefully blinded, so that its design could never be replicated.
source

You can take a stroll in this Minecraft version, as the creator released a download for it!

Beanie || A mentor in the pixel craze Minecraft Skin

SUBSCRIBER SPECIAL
In celebration of their 100 subscriber milestone, Kaos_Kitten is creating a series of skins called "style stealer" where they emulate other artists' styles. The skin pictured to the left is a result of studying 4 of Beanie's skins. With this skin, she used Beanie's shading style, color choices and some shape design.

You can check out their entire collection of skins they've made thus far here.

Remember: Stealing skins or skin parts is not ok. If you'd like to use someone's skinning style, it's recommended that you ask for permission prior to publishing.

FEATURED YOUTUBER
This week's featured YouTuber is Gamefruitpulp! Their channel was established on March 26, 2012 and has over 400 Videos!!

Since 2017, Gamefruitpulp has taken on the challenge of designing his home city of Toronto, in Minecraft. He's documented his process, uploading almost 50 videos of the development of the metropolis! His most recent video reviews his 2019 progress and takes you on a tour of the city.

His Toronto Project caught the eye of a local newspaper, subsequently landing him an interview and article!

In addition to his Building Toronto series, you'll find showcase videos featuring builds submitted in competitions he's hosted. You'll also find some Counter Strike play-throughs!

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET

Last month, FC Creations was featured in an article on minecraft.net! The article primarily covers tips on how to craft and decorate the perfect Christmas Tree The article mentions their massive Undecorated Christmas Tree which was submitted last year in the Winter Wonderland Community Event. FC Creations made a timelapse of this beautiful build which you can view here.

Do you have New Years Resolutions?
(if yes, tell us what they are!)
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake